Birth by Sleep Xehanort not Xehanort?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by P, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P Banned

I just thought, we found out Ansem is not really Ansem, but Xehanort. Now, there is a Xehanort in this game, but what if the Xehanort we know is not really the guy in the trailer, but just a name snatcher? He stole Ansem's name, and even continued to use Ansem to make his name Xemnas. I think Xehanort is also a thieved name.

2. Repliku Chaser

This is kind of an ongoing debate right now. I believe that Xehanort in KH1 and KH2 who took Ansem's name was really Terra. I think that in BBS, Terra somehow gets Xehanort's spirit within him and that he loses his memories. This is why when Ansem gets him, he has no memories and Ansem finds him to be 'super human' and intelligent but at the same time he says he has some immaturity he relates to age.

I also theorize the reason why Xehanort later changes his name to Ansem is because he can't recall he is 'Terra' but at the same time he knows that the name Xehanort is not right either and that he may have initially said it but it was something now that made him furious. This would prompt him to continue studies of 'his heart' because of what Ansem began, and thus he took the name Ansem to continue those and with because of being connected to the real Master Xehanort that lurked within, he was able to pull Heartless. The Heartless then were interesting enough for him either as Xehanort beginning to take him over or not, to make a machine that would bear the symbol of the Emblem.

This is also why I think Xemnas, which is Ansem switched around, was the Nobody's name instead of Xehanort switched around. Xemnas makes comments about the only emotions he wants to feel are rage, anger etc, all the negative ones, which Sora tries to convince him that a Heart feels more than that. Terra, if BBS is as bad a time as it seems to be so far, would have had some horrible memories, despair and rage.

Also, when Xemnas was freed of Xehanort's Heartless 9 years before KH, it is possibly when Xehanort's Heartless started plaguing Riku bit by bit and where Kairi comes in. Xehanort's Heartless rested within Riku in CoM and Zexion makes a comment that Riku's 'scent' is the same as Xemnas's. I can surmise that if Master Xehanort's Heartless was within Terra and then went to Riku, somehow both were altered to mimic the same scent and Xemnas carried it over too as a Nobody.

However, on the same note, if Xehanort's Heartless were Xemnas's true heart, I would think that Riku would have been -a lot- more important to the game than Sora. He, after all, carried around what Xemnas would have most wanted, right? Instead, the Nobodies wrote Riku off as doomed and fallen because he gave up his true form and they assumed that was the end of him. Saix was genuinely surprised that Riku was even there and had not destroyed himself and Roxas had failed to take him out.

So, where's Terra's/Xemnas's Heart? I believe that was the Enigmatic guy you can fight right before the end final battle. It kind of wraps up the theory alright so far. I do have a couple other ideas on twists for this, but so far this is the main thing that seems to stick.

So, in a way, Xehanort is also a thieved name, though I don't believe the person who used it in KH1-KH2 planned on using it. When he took the name Ansem I think it was a safety survival thing to do more than anything else because he wanted something of a name as 'powerful' to him in a way as Xehanort's name was. He wanted the other name gone.

3. Shadows Of Oblivion Hollow Bastion Committee

An interesting theory, but... there are a few things wrong with it...

In the Secret Ansem Reports, Ansem notes that he met the man who called himself Xehanort SEVERAL years ago... considering that this particular report would have been written about 9 or 10 years prior to KH1... it's IMPOSSIBLE for the Xehanort we know to be Terra... or Master Xehanort for that matter...

4. Repliku Chaser

Here, I believe is what you refer to:

'some' years ago doesn't express that many years really. Though yes, if only a 'year' happened to pass before Terra's transformation that is seen in the trailer of him with yellow eyes and his hair seeming to lighten...well yes, that throws a wrench in the theory. BBS ends 10 years prior to KH, and the fall of Radiant Gardens happens 9 years prior. It could be that Terra was injured a couple few years before that. This could also be why the game starts with Terra.

If Xehanort is not Terra, then this leads to some other theories, but nothing else has really come about that seems so fitting. We 'could' go with the theory that Terra had a 'brother' that was taken by Xehanort's Heartless, but I suppose after BBS we'll know for sure. You are right that this is a possible hole that can't be filled yet.

The other thing I had thought of is that possibly the 'apprentice' of Master Xehanort becomes 'Xehanort' later and goes down the same route as mentioned Terra might have, which still ends up about the same in the end with Xemnas not wanting anything to do with it etc. Xemnas was very interested in Roxas and Aqua so it seems to me that there had to be at least some connection. Either Terra or the apprentice guy in the suit like Dark Riku's would make sense to me. Other than those two, I can't think of anyone who's been introduced that could possibly fit the bill.

5. P Banned

Well BBS may end at different times for the different participants. COM ended later for Riku than it did for Sora, albeit only a few hours. But still, something like this could happen in BBS.

Theory time! Ansem the wise has met Mickey, and is attempting to replicate the blade. He found Terra Naturally injured (by something, whatever) and nurses him to health. Terra meets Ven and Aqua and they are ordered by Ansem to hunt Master Xehanort. They are given the "prototype" blades to use.

At some point, Terra gets possessed, cue your theory.

Oh and Repliku, you seem to reply to all my topics. (intelligently too, so that makes you a modern day Jesus)

6. Shadows Of Oblivion Hollow Bastion Committee

The apprentice in my mind is VERY likely to be the Xehanort we know... or part of him at least lol... and another thing that goes against Terra being such... the flashback in KHII... that includes Ansem, Mickey... AND Xehanort...

EDIT: Also, the original Japanese was 'all those years ago' lol

7. P Banned

Oh right, I realise now my mistake, thanks for pointing it out.

Also to Repliku, where does that Riku-esque thing that fazes out of Baldy factor in?

8. Luka Deafening silence

i say yeah the xehanort (ansems apprewntice) is not really xehanort like we heard he lost his memory and he could only remember xehanort
    well my theory is that xehanorts apprentice in the secret trailer of kh2 Fm
    and he only can remember his masters name

9. key dragon One with the keyblade

I'm going with the brother theory.

10. Repliku Chaser

The one in the dark armor like Riku's Dark form is whom is dubbed 'the apprentice' until we learn more about him. No one is really sure about him but he's one of the people that I could feasibly see as being 'Xehanort' who Ansem found and healed up etc. It's this guy and Terra that seem to be the strongest contenders for being the 'modern' day Xehanort. Both have some reasons as to why they'd take the name given the proper circumstances, and yet lost their memories.

It's fun to theorize but I'm guessing BBS is pretty well going to provide us with the answer. I'm not solid on either of those two above options but they are the two I stick with as they make the most sense to me and link well with what we already know of Kingdom Hearts.

11. P Banned

Hmm.

Apprentice:

For:
    He looks evil/dedicated
    He has a Keyblade
    He seems to be a "part" of xehanort

Against:
    He seems to be made from Xehanort, so that means once Xehanort dies, he goes too
    He had a keyblade

Oh, just a little tidbit, I find the Seven heart blade interesting. I hope we find out more about the princesses now.

Terra:

For:
    He seemed to get that "yellowed eye look" at the end of the trailer
    He seems... young enough to be who Ansem said

Against:
    There is no proof, he shows no signs but the eyes.
    9 years would not turn him into the Xenmas and Heartless we knew.

12. Shadows Of Oblivion Hollow Bastion Committee

Correction... the eyes have NO connection to the Xehanort we know... The Xehanort we know has NEVER had blue or yellow... he had BROWN eyes in the flashback... and ORANGE later on... after becoming 'Ansem' and Xemnas... and I believe that the guy in the secret movie is only STORED within Master Xehanort, not an actual PART of him...

13. Knightshade Hollow Bastion Committee

it is a thieved name. the Xehanort in kh2 his regular self had no memories but Ansem found him eventually ansem took him as a apprentice and but Xehanort had no memories of his past. Eventually he started getting interested aboyt something called Xehanort memories(simething like that) And addapted that name. It's all in the secret ansem reports in kh2.

14. Luka Deafening silence

well i say no to that the eyes dont look the same and why would square make a good person evil ?

15. P Banned

I can understand thinking that guy is stored in Xehanort, but the eyes are certainly evil. It is just the symbol of evil in KH.

16. Shadows Of Oblivion Hollow Bastion Committee

How? The Darkness is symbolized by ORANGE eyes, not yellow... simply saying that changing eye colour means that that person is now evil... is stupid beyond description...

17. Repliku Chaser

The Heartless all have 'yellow' glowing eyes. The people that end up with Darkness tend to have orangish/yellow because they aren't Heartless yet. I wouldn't say it makes you 'evil' necessarily but it does say that the person now has a tremendous amount of Darkness they've allowed into themselves, at least as far as we've seen. Also, what other explanation is there for Terra's eyes doing that?

18. Shadows Of Oblivion Hollow Bastion Committee

A power boost of sorts... after all, Saïx's eyes change completely when he goes berserk... and it's orange, not orange/yellow... Also 'Ansem' WAS a Heartless, so your way of describing it doesn't make sense...

19. Eternal Session King's Apprentice

If i'm not mistaken, Saix eyes change to yellow
    the person who tied to darkness will have yellow eyes, just like Master Xehanort and Ansem..

20. Shadows Of Oblivion Hollow Bastion Committee

Saïx's eyes change from normal golden eyes... to COMPLETELY golden eyes... Ansem NEVER had yellow eyes... regardless of which one you're talking about...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.