Would BBS Multiplayer be worth it?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Chad Thundercucc, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

Would BBS getting multiplayer in 2.5 HD Remix been worth it if it meant a whole 6 month delay for KH3?

EDIT: Holy crap, look at that terrible grammar. Can a mod or somebody change that to "Would BBS multiplayer be worth it?" Thanks in advance.

2. Plums Wakanda Forever

Considering we don't even know when KH3 is coming at this point, I wouldn't have minded a delay at all. :v I think BBS multiplayer could have been really fun; I'd have loved to dash through the Mirage Arena and the new FM bosses with some buds, and the prospect of doing it as part of a team, especially since I've never played BBS, adds a pretty neat change up from the standard solo play in the series.

3. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Are you kidding? Six months for KH multiplayer with netplay on a home console? Are you kidding? I'd wait a whole year extra. I'd be too busy stomping everybody with my frilly green Terra mage to complain of the wait.

4. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

Yes, as it is now KH3 is so possible to be released as it is the last guardian. We probably will know more about it when there is a release date, until them it might as well be 2016 or 2017(the point being, I will not be more or less excited until a new release date). But the multiplayer ability of BBS would give the game more life spam after everybody had finished the game, also It would be a cool new experience in KH universe. Also this will be the first time that a Final mix game will have less content than the original so they just should had done it.

5. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

Of course it would. The wait for KH3 is probably going to be a long one regardless from all they have to do to make it, so about six months or so extra probably isn't going to make too much difference if it means something like online multiplayer. I've been waiting for a KH game with true online multiplayer for a long time.

6. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Personally I don't care much either way. I would like to have it as I didn't know anyone IRL to do mirage arena runs with on the PSP. But I also generally prefer playing single player so I would be done with it rather quickly. Overall though I think I would still take the delay to have it.

I kinda feel bad for Square here though because on the one hand they have the sea of fans that have been begging for KH3 so long that it has become a running gag, but with FF15 they don't have the manpower to pull it off how they want. Now they've promised in KH: DDD that it is coming soon and they are making design choices to get it out sooner, but those choices are getting some backlash too. And it hasn't even shut up the KH3 people much (though it is more about begging continuing for less time, not at less intensity).

Though in terms of potentially upsetting design choices, they have announced that we are getting the Final Mix secret ending. To the more casual fans that haven't seen it yet it will look like a KH3 delay project despite the fact that I can all but guarantee that it will be after KH3 (if it hasn't been scrapped entirely). Okay, the people in that category are mostly the ones that won't get that upset anyway, but it should still prove amusing.

7. A Zebra Chaser

Online multiplayer personally holds nearly no value to me. It's just doing the same thing over and over with what might as well be AI. LOCAL Multiplayer on the other hand... I'd be all over that
    You know what I'd like more though? Capes

8. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

What design choices?

9. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Most significant likely being the choice to not rebuild RE:Coded into a game for 2.5, with this multiplayer being a big player as well. And I'm sure there are some smaller things as well that they would ideally like to do but ultimately decided it would take too long.

10. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

lol I'm pretty sure most of us can live with not being able to play a remade Coded haha.

11. Mixt The dude that does the thing

While it had notable flaws I still rather liked that game. And some of the worst of it was hardware limitations. Fact is they have said they would want to but porting from the DS is harder and much would need to be done from scratch to remove touch controls, bring the engine up to speed, etc. I'm sure the game being unpopular made it an easier sell to strike off that list, but it was a major design choice made primarily to conserve time and resources.

12. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Well, considering I never used the Mirage Arena for anything other than a place to have my butt handed to me in BBS...
    I wouldn't care, honestly.

13. A Zebra Chaser

yeah what would people want a remake of one of the best KH games for
    your butt would probably be handed to you less often if you had some online friends backing you up

14. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Whatever you say, lol.

15. Mixt The dude that does the thing

There isn't friendly fire, so worst case you would just end up with someone that acts as a meat-shield for a little bit. Best case you pair with someone capable of clearing it alone and you just need to survive with them.

16. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

Yeah. Plus, if you get EXP Walker early, you can level up a lot faster than the rest of your friends, make your deck over-powered as hell and just own your friends every time. haha[DOUBLEPOST=1405357862][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Oh, you mean CoM? That got remade, like, twice.

17. A Zebra Chaser

Ah yes, I completely forgot that when someone says one of that means only one, not multiple HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

18. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

I will have to admit that it's going to be fun playing with other players around the world on Mirage Arena. I would love to use Ragnarok on my opponents to finish them off! XD