Woman warned that her next drink could kill her

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Korosu, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

Saw this story in the newspaper a few days ago, it's currently showing on TV I think. Picture of the Mother
    [​IMG]
    She started to drink when she was just 13, her teen habit continued till she fell fell pregnant at 21 vowing to stay sober but nine months after her son, Jack, was born Vicky thought she could drink moderately and her alcoholism spiralled out of control.

Thoughts? Opinions?

2. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

I have family who has alcohol problems (pretty much all of them) I know it can be a pain to put up with. Every day I used to have to awake in the middle of the night to a staggering drunk and try my best to ignore s/he (I won't tell you who)

Alcoholism may be a bad habit, an addiction, but it is not a disease. Diseases are like flu's virus's cold's not this. I have seen an "alcoholic" go a long time without drinking just fine, but then when they got the chance again straight back. I am not saying it is there fault, still an addiction, but once it got to the point I realized my family was suffering because of it I would take the first step. Being addicted is an excuse for not stopping, and I hate both excuses and stopping (giving up on things like school, etc.) but an excuse for NOT stopping something like that is ten times worse.

Anyway, I hope the lady is alright and actually quits drinking. I wish her good luck and a get well soon.

3. Spike H E R O

Good for her for not drinking when she was pregnant. She has my respect.

Anyway, people form bad habits. I've got a pretty bad drinking habit myself, and I know it's not a healthy habit, and somewhere in the back of my mind I've always known that it's probably going to be the death of me, but it's just part of the kind of person I am. In this woman's case, it all comes down to whether or not the knowledge of her possible death will give her the willpower to finally stop for good.

She's got her family backing her up, and she's been known to be able to quit when the situation becomes dire, so I think she'll be alright (or at least I like to think so).

4. ShibuyaGato Transformation

My dad used to drink every time I saw him but now it's only when we go out to eat at restaurants.

I'm glad she managed to stay sober while pregnant, which shows she actually cared about the consequences.
    I wonder how she managed to get a drink at thirteen, but I hope her mother can keep her from killing herself.

5. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

Her and school friends used to drink the park, friends probably took the drinks from Parents? Meh. I also have respect for not drinking while pregnant it showed she actually cared about the consequences that could have happened. Let's just hope her addiction doesn't get the better of her.

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

well, at least she can keep herself from drinking now. But dang, that's one heck of a problem, drinking for 22 years. It's a good thing she didn't drink while pregnant, because I have a friend who's mother did, and he ended up getting mental problems or something, so he's 19 or 20 and his mental capacity is only at like 14 or something. It's not good.
    She should have gotten the hint to stop drinking when she got pregnant

7. Amaury Legendary Hero

If she was drinking pretty much day and night, then my best guess is that she had mental issues.

I mean, I know people drink, but if it's to that extent, there's something wrong.