Completed: With Me [Duet Roulette]

Discussion in 'KHV Chorus' started by Jayn, Mar 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayn

With Me
    Deadline: Before April 3rd.

Notes;

This one will be a duet. This part of it is only half generated, by the way. The project is meant to be mostly duets, but I take the following into consideration;

Is it a really well known popular song?
    Would it make more sense for two, three or four people to be singing this when I split the lyrics?
    Is it romantic, inspirations, fun, silly?
    Is there a main chorus going on?
    etcetc?

I decided Defying Gravity should be a quartet due to the fact that I wanted as many people able to participate in our first project as possible. That kind of thought process going into figuring out how many people should sing it.

I figured this would be a really cute duet, and a little break for a lot of us before the next big chorus (which'll be after this).

On a more important note, originally two boys were pulled for this song. Then I realized there was something I hadn't really thought about because it doesn't matter to me, personally...But if you would be uncomfortable singing romantically with your gender, please do the following...Click the link.

Sigh. The instrumental isn't official. I've asked the uploader for permission, and the version is acoustic. I even tried to buy it on Amazon, but it wasn't there so. :/ We'll just go about it and I'll PM the uploader and send the video and re-ask for permission if I don't get it in the next four days.

That being said, it may take a day of listening to the song on repeat until you can sing it with the instrumental. It's okay to sing it with the original, but because they're two different versions and may or may not have the same timing, I may ask the first person who turns in their lines to redo if it doesn't match up right. I honestly don't know the song well enough to tell you accurate if all of the parts match up.

Also keep in mind that the original is rock, and this one is acoustic so sing...accordingly. Though I tried to find the real instrumental, there doesn't seem to be one, and the imitations are so LQ and pathetic that, no. |:

Now the way this works is that I'll have this thread closed until the singers are revealed and reply to my invitation. No one claim lines except for the ones who receive the invitation. This song was chosen randomly, as will the four singers be. You'll not know who you're singing with until I get a reply from everyone.

The deadline is shorter than a week and always will be unless the song is really long or in another language. There are only four people singing as opposed to 13+ so we really don't need more than a few days. That being said, there is no drop-out grace period. If you reply to my invitation and say that you can do it, I'll be expecting your lines unless there is a emergency.

If you KNOW you're going to be too busy to record in the next couple of days, then please reply to the invitation letting me know you'll be busy and can't participate. If I don't get a response from you in 24 hours or less from the time I send you the invitation, I'll be generating a new number to take your place.

Keep in mind that there is a difference between busy and not knowing the song well/not liking the song. If you're going to be fickle depending on the song choice then this project may not be for you. The potential challenge/unfamiliarity is part of the event/game. Try to stick with it. I will always try my absolute best to be respectful towards you and the things you absolutely cannot do. I will re-draw if your name comes up and you've stated you're uncomfortable with the type of song.

I also promise on everything I love that I will not be tampering with any of the randomization of it all. I will hit generate, and that is that UNLESS two of the same numbers come up or the song that's chosen doesn't have a find-able instrumental.

To pick your 'parts', all you have to do is post when the thread is opened (I'll let you know) and chose the shape you want.

The Song?

[video=youtube;g8z-qP34-1Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8z-qP34-1Y&ob=av2n[/video]

[video=youtube;LPPfIj6epHQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPPfIj6epHQ[/video]

Lyrics/Parts:

Black Lines = EVERYONE records that part.

★ = MoshiiMoshii
    ♥ = Krowley ​

When all of the shapes are black, I've received all confirmations.
    When a shape reverts back to red, it means it's taken by another singer.

[★] I don't want this moment to ever end
    [♥] Where everything's nothing without you.

[★]I wait here forever just to, to see you smile
    [♥] 'Cause it's true, I am nothing without you.

[★] Through it all I've made my mistakes
    I stumble and fall but I mean these words.

I want you to know with everything I won't let this go.

[♥] These words are my heart and soul.
    I'll hold on to this moment you know.

[★] As I bleed my heart out to show
    and I won't let go.

[♥] Thoughts read unspoken forever and now
    [★] The pieces of memories fall to the ground.

[♥]I know what I did and how so, I won't let this go
    [★]'Cause it's true, I am nothing without you.

[♥] All the streets where I walked alone
    With nowhere to go have come to an end.

I want you to know with everything I won't let this go

[★] These words are my heart and soul
    I'll hold on to this moment you know.

[♥] As I bleed my heart out to show and I won't let go.

In front of your eyes it falls from the skies

[★] When you don't know what you're looking to find

In front of your eyes it falls from the skies

[♥] When you just never know what you will find

What you will find, what you will find
    What you will find, what you will find

[★] I don't want this moment to ever end.

[♥] Where every thing's nothing without you.

These words are my heart and soul
    I'll hold on to this moment you know
    As I bleed my heart out to show and I won't let go

These words are my heart and soul
    I'll hold on to this moment you know
    As I bleed my heart out to show and I won't let go

Lines In
    Krowley
    Moshii

2. (╯°□°)╯︵ ıɥsoɯ Hollow Bastion Committee

Hmmm.... well I suppose I'll have to go with stars if I may. But if my partner wants stars, then I really don't mind switching.

3. Jayn

Thank you. c:
    I think I'll need a picture from you, too.

4. Krowley Moderator

I am fine with the Heart.
    Will be able to send in my lines Monday or Tuesday.

5. (╯°□°)╯︵ ıɥsoɯ Hollow Bastion Committee

6. Jayn

Alright, today is the last day. I haven't gotten either of your lines. X:

7. (╯°□°)╯︵ ıɥsoɯ Hollow Bastion Committee

I thought tomorrow was the last day?

But it's fine. I'm not busy to I can get it all done today <3

Did you eve get a better instrumental?

8. Jayn

No. We're working with the acoustic.

9. (╯°□°)╯︵ ıɥsoɯ Hollow Bastion Committee

I see. It's a bit more difficult to do for me but I'll give it some more practice while I wait for assistants with the recording.

10. Krowley Moderator

11. Jayn

LQ and still unofficial with need for permission and the time difference is in the same realm of unclear.
    Just sing with the original and I'll deal with the rest.

12. Krowley Moderator

13. greater_bloo Gummi Ship Junkie

Looking forward to this one! Spent like 6 months making an AMV with this song so I'm really excited to hear you both sing it!

14. (╯°□°)╯︵ ıɥsoɯ Hollow Bastion Committee

Okay I hope this is what you wanted. Sorry it too so long and I apologize once again for the trouble and my ill voice. x3

As you asked, I separated the ending which is why there is two. >w< Sorry I couldn't combine them. This is my very first time recording.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nfdzy06163jguzj,arb99cilxxxafs6

15. Jayn

This is terribly adorable. ;A; Oh my goodness you have no idea.
    Anyway, vocals are mixed and finalized.
    Video editing time.

16. Krowley Moderator

Adorable? O.o
    I am as manly as they come.
    Hides Mickey Mouse Avatar

17. (╯°□°)╯︵ ıɥsoɯ Hollow Bastion Committee

Adorable? I don't understand what is so adorable? =o

And oh great. I'm looking forward to seeing/hearing the final results. I hope I make you proud ='D

18. Jayn

I got permission to use the instrumental! What a good night. I'll upload this tomorrow.

@Moshi: This duet is adorable, despite Krowley's 'manlyness'. <3

19. (╯°□°)╯︵ ıɥsoɯ Hollow Bastion Committee

Horray! 8D I am even more thrilled now than I was before! I'll be up all night. xD I can't wait~

I dun find the adorableness @.@ But I guess I'll wait for you to post it up. <3 Thankies~

20. Jayn

I managed to sleep until 7pm so this may be delayed for posting until tomorrow, since my day is ... gone, lol. But yeah, that's the latest it'll be up and i'll be working on it.

Rendering the file in Sony Vegas. It's a simple video and ... there are a lot of places with static, but I tried my best, lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.