Why doesn't Dragon Ball (Z) Kai go to the Buu Saga?

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by Hiro ✩, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Hiro ✩ Guardian

I just found out that DBZ Kai doesn't make it to the buu saga! Why?

2. Plums Wakanda Forever

I read somewhere that the creator wanted the series to originally end at the Cell Saga.
    I think we only got Buu and GT because of the high ratings it had then.

As for Kai, because the ratings are lower and it's following the original plan, it ends at the Cell Saga.

3. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Pretty much this.
    The Buu saga was never meant to exist.
    And as for GT. A completely different company wrote that I believe.

Kai is basically the remastered version of DBZ in the way it was meant to be shown.
    I suppose that includes it just going to the Cell Saga which was originally the true ending. Goku passing the torch to Gohan so to speak.

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Seriously? It's not going to the Buu saga? It's not like it was my favorite saga, but I still think they had some pretty big events in that, like Super Sayain 3 and stuff. And heck, Buu was the strongest fight ever, next to Baby and the Dark dragons or whatever. But it was still really important. They can't just take that out.
    I feel like part of my childhood was killed

5. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Me too...
    But the Buu saga was part of the manga... and i LIEKZ the Buu saga! *breaks down and cries*

Although I guesas playing Tenkaichi Tag Team does count as having th Kai version of the buu saga
    (Since Vegito goes Super Saiyan right away like in the manga)

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

seriously? I gotta check that. A friend bought me the last book so I have that part. But yeah, that's another thing. Vegito is an awesome character. how can we just get denied that awesomeness? I only saw the episode once when I was a child, but that's something that stays in your head for how cool it was

7. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Yeah he does. But the 1 good thing about Kai:
    Gets rid of useless filler
    Like the snake princess.

8. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Did they get rid of that stupid garlick jr. filler? I hated having to watch through that. And there were other things as well, but I can't remember. It was like 7 or something episodes between them getting home from Namik to when they start the Cell saga

9. Plums Wakanda Forever

Yeah, the Garlic Jr. one was skipped too.

Also, I thought that the dialogue for Kai is sort of...poetic. Like when Piccolo got wished to Namek and was talking about the "soil of his ancestors" and such.

10. Hiro ✩ Guardian

It follows the dialouge of the manga more closely. In the manga it is pretty poetic. In DBZ Abridged he says:
    "I can feel it! The lush blue fields, the clear water, the- Oh this is boring! ...No wonder I feel at home." So that gives you an Idea of the kind of things they say.

11. TwilightBlader Child of the Sun

The reason was because despite the fact that Kai was indeed popular it wasn't making enough income due to the fact that they were basically showing the same old Dragonball Z without really showing anything new.

Personally I love Kai and was really disappointed when they cancelled and changed the music (which made the series feel a bit different)

12. Iskandar King of Conquerors

well, they changed the dialogue a bit, but I guess that doesn't count. They did say it was just DBZ with better graphics

13. Kayate King's Apprentice

Indeed.
    Kai is simply a rework of Dragonball Z, the Buu Saga was never planned originally, but, neither was the Cell Saga.
    They're pretty much ending at the Cell Saga because it was the original-ish deal for Akira.

14. Iskandar King of Conquerors

maybe they're ending it at Cell because of the huge time gap between Buu Saga and Cell saga, so they just decided they could end it and not worry about a huge time leap

15. TwilightBlader Child of the Sun

Like I said its most likely because they weren't making enough income to continue. I doubt it was because of how Toriyama wanted to end the series at the Freeza/Cell Saga. If they did have enough income I believe that they would continue until the end of Z.

16. NemesisPrime Hollow Bastion Committee

Again, fan backlash. They wanted Goku to come back so Akria pushed out one more saga and ended it there.

The Cell saga was the original final saga for Z.

Also, I didn't like the music for Kai, it felt to campish for me (With the exception of the Ginyu Force Rules song) but I did grow up with the Bruce Falconer score.

But I am glad that the kids of today get to see one of the greatest gateway animes I've ever seen.

17. Iskandar King of Conquerors

aww come on, the opening isn't bad. If fact, it's probably the best song I've heard from Kai. But the Ginyu Transformation theme is still my favorite. It can turn any event into an epic one

18. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Well showing the movies is definetly gonna help.