Kingdom Hearts Who was Xemnas talking about? (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Zeroxys, May 12, 2014.

1. Zeroxys Twilight Town Denizen

I had just now recently tried fighting against Xemnas in KHFM, and when Sora enters the room & Xemnas starts talking to Sora and says "so you're special too", who was he talking about? Ven? Riku? Terra? or all the above? I tried figuring it out but i ended up just assuming he was talking about Ven.
    Anyone have the definite 100% correct answer??

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

If I had to guess, I'd say Aqua or Roxas, or maybe even his own Somebody. There's support for any one of these arguments:
    • Aqua: Xemnas clearly retained some memories of her, if you look at KHIIFM+. He keeps her discarded armor and Keyblade locked in a chamber in Castle Oblivion and sometimes speaks to it, calling it "friend."
    • Roxas: By the post-game of KHFM, Roxas has definitely been born, and potentially shown his ability to wield the Keyblade to the Organization.
    • Himself: We saw via flashback in 3D that Terra-Xehanort can still use his Keyblade, despite his memory loss (if it existed? Braig expresses doubt over this in the end of BbS).

3. Misty gimme kiss

I doubt there is any definitive answer; that scene was devised well before many of the subsequent games were planned out, so it's unlikely that Nomura (or whoever) wrote the line thinking "he's talking about Ven (or another character)." I would guess though that he's merely noting Sora's strength of heart and ability to wield the Keyblade. I suppose it is possible as well that he had met Riku at that point, who is "special," and is adding Sora to that evaluation. Tale's speculation is solid too though.

4. Zeroxys Twilight Town Denizen

everything you guys said is very solid theories. I really wanna know exactly who he was talking about tho. Although i doubt he was talking about Roxas, theres always that "maybe" factor :P

5. Glen Returned from the dead

I haven't seen anything official about it myself, but really he could be talking about plenty of characters. My guess, if I had to choose only one, would probably be Roxas. There's a scene in days where he says "I've been to see him. He looks a lot like you", and he does place a lot of importance on Roxas too. So i'm just going to assume that yeah he did in fact mean Roxas.

6. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Ah, that's a good point. I forgot all about that scene from the KH1 secret ending. Was it also in Days? I didn't know that. Yeah, I'd wager that Xemnas was most likely referring to Roxas.