When you first heard of Kingdom Hearts. . .

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by riku-josh07, May 6, 2007.

?

What was your first impresion of Kingdom Hearts?

1. Cool!! I'd like to play it! Let me play it!!

43.1%
  2. That's a wierd idea, but I'd like to check it out.

46.6%
  3. That's so wierd!! I don't believe you one bit!

3.4%
  4. WHAT?! SQUARE?! DISNEY?! That's trash!!!! I am NOT gonna play that ever!!

6.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riku-josh07 Destiny Islands Resident

Okay, this just came to me.

When you first heard of Kingdom Hearts being a Square-Disney tie up, what was your first impresion of it? Was it "cool!" or was it "another trash"?

Me?

When I heard of it, I thought it was wierd but cool. When I saw the FF characters, I wanted to play it. When I played it, I got hooked. Then I ended up chasing the whole story from it's beginning to end.

2. Nanaki Broken in six places

I was young, so I yelled "COOL!!! I WANT THIS GAME!!!!" So now I have it...and I still act like a kid. YAYS!!!

3. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

I thought it was weird until I played it at my friend's house. I bought it shortly after.

4. Invader Jack Twilight Town Denizen

Well, when I first heard of it, I was like 9 or 10 and that's back when I never played video games and thought they were just for boys pretty much. So I didn't really care because it's a video game. I just thought it would be like any other game made by Disney Interactive. But then a few months later my friend (who is also a girl) said she just got a PS2 and asked me if I wanted to play Kingdom Hearts on it. I said "Oh yeah, that's that one new Disney game, isn't it?" I started playing it and expected to get bored, but I INSTANTLY fell in love with it! *sigh* I was 10 at that time... Was it really that long ago? And now, 5 years later, I am completely OBSESSED with it! I didn't actually become obsessed until the year before last, in August or something, when I found out a second one was going to come out and Captain Jack Sparrow was going to be in it!!! So there's my really long story about the whole thing! For those of you who actually read this entire post, I thank you and applaud you!:D :D :D :D :D :D

5. Savage Nymph Moogle Assistant

Lol, actually when I first saw it, it was Chain of Memories for Gameboy in about December 2003. I didn't care about Final Fantasy back then though, more about Disney Movies, and when I saw Donald Duck and Goofy I was thinking: "WTF? Those darn gameboy pirates don't know where to stop." I thought it was some sort of stupid piracy game, since there are a lot of media pirates around here, but about a month later when taking a trip to the city I decided to buy it and check it out. I didn't understand a bit of the whole Riku and Kairi thing, despite having heard Riku's name before in someone's signature in a forum, so he was vaguely familiar. I didn't understand everything though (but I did swoon at Cloud) and then I gave up at Oogie Boogie, and lent the game to a friend. He got past Oogie and all the way to Marluxia, but then he gave up and I replayed the game and beat Marly. Then I forgot all about it until July 2006 when I got my PS2 and they had the bonus of 10 free PS2 games, so I picked Final Fantasy 10, Harvest Moon, Shadow of the Colossus, and a few others along with KH and KH2. Lol, and then I spent the next 30 days completing both KH and KH2 and that was the beginning of my obsession.

6. Senbon_Zakura Merlin's Housekeeper

I nevered had kh1.. I first meet the CoM. xD Me and my sister saw it on t.v and we both loved the song. Then later on my sis and i was looking for games,and she told me if we should get it. I was like "Nah, It looks to lame" But there wasn't a good game to pick, so we had to pick kh:Com. Later on, I Fell in love with the game, and then got kh2 !! ~<333
    So thats the story~ xD

7. Sanda Kingdom Keeper

Some aspects of Disney did kill it a little, but I first remember hearing about KH from my friends. They all said it was great~ Theyd play it and never let me try so I kinda actually hated it at first because I wanted to play :rolleyes: Anyway, when I heard the mix of the two, my first thoughts were :eek: ! But, after I finally got playing it, I WAS IMMEDIATELY obsessed ^^

8. Shadows Of Oblivion Hollow Bastion Committee

I agree with the tc.

Weird, but a cool weird lol.

9. Akino King's Apprentice

I actually, thought it was going to be a crappy game! (I was ten or eleven, so what?) Because I didn't like Final Fantasy at the time (FF7 was my only favorite.) and I didn't like SquareEnix games... heh. Then when I visited a friend he played the game and I watched, then I said to myself "Y'know this game seems pretty fun to play!" so when the second came around (I was twelve at the time.) I came to see it up on a shelf at EB Games on my birthday. It just came out of my birthday too..which was really weird.

But it was out of stock, so I bought Suikoden V (My favorite RPG series by Konami.) and then I got KH2. Apparently, KH2 was my first KH I bought. Now I am totally hooked on this game. YES, I thought it was a crappy game at first...but hey! I can change.

10. xekushi Gummi Ship Junkie

Was a small time gamer then and never head of SE before and didnt know it was Disney. But saw the add on tv and was like that is so cool i must get it. Think it was seeing Sora killing Shadows with the Kingdom Key that pulled me on.

11. venster You never heard of me, but I pop in time to time

I first saw the commercial of KH on TV. I was like...O_O "whoa...I wanna try." I didn't have a Ps2 though. My brother's friend brought it over and they played it a bit, all I did was watch being completely confused of how to play. Then I heard of KH:CoM. Since I never had KH1, I didn't bother. THEN FINALLY, I got a Ps2. (it was only meant to play DDR) I saw a box of KH at my uncle's house, but he lost the CD inside. =/ So I couldn't borrow. THEN one of my newer friends talked about it non-stop. How much I wanted it. T_T Then another friend of mine let me borrow it. =D I couldn't complete it by the time I had to give it back. THEN KH2 came out about a month later. My KH friend was talking about it ALOT. THEN FINALLY, my friends bought it for my B-day in July. My life hasn't been the same since. xD

I'm really surprised if you just read what I just wrote. xP

12. Dawn King's Apprentice

My first impression was Disney characters in this game. At first I thought FF was some interference but I grew to like Cloud and Aeris. I even had a dream about Shadow Heartless and Ursula when I was young, during the time KH1 was released.The first game I got is the Chain of Memories then I got the combo of PS2 and KH1. After that I bought KH2 and FFVII: DoC. Square has taken me pretty far and obsessed with this whole deal.

13. darkslayer Twilight Town Denizen

i knew it would be cool thats my frist one:)

14. Sparda Merlin's Housekeeper

At first I saw goofy and donald and was like "what a gay peice of ****, I would never play that garbage." Though, that summer my cousin came over and he had it. I playe dit there and was like "omg, this IS AWESOME!!

15. Crispers Beep Boop

lol it was funny for me my firend brought it over to my house to show me and i was like y r donald and goofy with this kid???!?
    lol
    anyways..........
    at first i didnt get it..
    then i saw the commical for kh2
    and i loved it
    so i bought the second one frist then i bought the first one shortly after
    im obsessed now :D

16. Askilfeasd Destiny Islands Resident

The first thing that entered my mind was "That's ******ed..." and the first thing that entered my mind when I began playing it was "This is ******ed..."
    Nothing has changed my mind about it since then.

17. draik88 Twilight Town Denizen

Are you REALLY sure you want to know? O.o
    Actually...when KH1 came out... (this was back in Grade 8 when I was trying to be all cool XD), I saw that it was by Disney and the first thing that came to my mind was "Disney, ew gross! Get it away from me..."

It wasn't until last year, in Biology to be exact... that one of my friends had lent it to another and she had it at school. I looked over the case and thought "well... Disney is alright... I wonder how the gameplay is..."

Over the next few days, my friends old me all about it in Bio and Art, and I slowly began to warm up to it. I didn't have my PS2 at the time so I just bought Chain of Memories for my Gameboy and within the first hour I played it, I knew I was hooked.

When I finally got my PS2 around this time last year, I immideatly ran to EB Games and bought KH1... two days later I bought KH2, and I'm now an even bigger fan than my friend who first showed it to me. XD

18. OKexperience Merlin's Housekeeper

Well, I first saw Kingdom Hearts in some magazine, and I saw Sora walking in Disney Castle (Yes, KH1). That screen looked cool, but because the throne room is so simple, the game looked extremely linear.
    Also, I thought that once you've been to a place, you couldn't go back (as in the old mario games where you can't go back on the screen).

However, my friend bought it, and I saw him play Behemoth at his place one time and asked what game it was. When he said Kingdom Hearts, I was kind of like "What? Is THAT Kingdom Hearts?". I then bought it and became upset, beating Sephiroth before my friend did etc :D

19. Cia (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧*.✧

At first I said, "What? No way, it looks bogus. You have Disney character following you around and it looks totally PG". But after I saw the graphics I was like, "... I must venture into the world and buy this fantosmic piece of gaming paradigm".

20. shadowriku789 Merlin's Housekeeper

hehe

when i first heard about it i said "hahaha sounds like crap NO way will i even go near that junk game" 2 years later i'm here on a KH website. lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.