What, you didn't see that coming?

Discussion in 'Departure Hall' started by Glen, Jan 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glen Returned from the dead

Well, neither did I. Well, it's not entirely true...I've been thinking about it for a while now, I just never thought I'd actually go through with it.

To be honest, I don't think anyone outside of the RPA is going to care about this too much. Those in the RPA it probably won't anyway, after all I don't post nearly as much as I should. Sorry about that guys, truly.

I'll see if I can keep this short, but no promises. Basically, everything in my life has gotten far too much to handle. Between literally about 30 days of family tragedies and drama I thought I'd escaped and all the drama online, I can't handle it. I can't cope with it anymore. This isn't a suicide thread, and I'm not going to do anything like that so don't worry about that. I initially joined KHV out of curiousity, I figured I'd make some friends and have a little fun. And damn did I do that...seriously, I have had so much fun on this site over the years I hoped it would never end, but this is something I had to do.

As for friends, well anyone who knows me knows that I value each and every one of my friends. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for my friends if it would help them feel even a little better. Unfortunately though, I don't know that I can do that right now. Right now, I can barely keep it together (in fact there have been quite a few days I haven't). How am I supposed to help others if I can't help myself? I have made some of the most amazing friends I could ever ask for, and even though we've had our rough times I would hope that our friendship can transcend KHV and last for a much longer time outside of it. For one of you, I fear that time is already up for us, and I think both of us know it, so to you....I can't tell you how sorry I am, really.

This site started as curiousity, as a source of fun, and eventually it became a coping mechanism. Roleplaying especially helped with things. Then gradually it became less of an enjoyment and more like my job, then eventually it felt like torture putting myself through it, and that's where we are at now.

I will continue to post in the Attack on Titan roleplay thread until it's done, but aside from that....well, I might check in every once in a while but I can't see myself actually doing anything else. I apologise once again to all those whose roleplays I am abandoning, but this isn't something I want to do; it's something I need to do.

If anyone wants to reach me, I'll still be active on Skype, League of Legends, Facebook and on my PS4.

This has been a little lengthier than I originally intended, but we're almost done. I didn't plan on it having so much writing, gah it looks so bland, but I just wanted to attempt to help you all understand. I could make special mentions to many people, but let's be honest; to those I would make mentions to, there is no way that this is the end of our friendship, or at least I certainly hope not.

It's been a wild ride, and one I am exceptionally thankful to have been on. Thanks for having me be a part of it.

~Dr_Wigglz/Smurfasaurus/Shu/Gexln/Glen/Sice/any other usernames I can't think of XD

also, I couldn't NOT make the title a reference, forgive me.

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Sorry to see ya go, bud, even though I haven't been active in the RPA for a while. Hope you can get things back together in your life~

3. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Glen, it's been a pleasure RPing with you.
    Though I've only known you for a short time on KHV, since my time myself has been rather choppy, but I think I've come to known you as reliable. Your characters never cease to amaze, and I've throughly enjoyed reading your posts and hanging out with you on Skype.

I unfortunatley had a feeling that you would have to leave at some point, and if it was something as stressful as this, I am glad you are taking priority, but I am still deeply saddened to see you go.

Cheers, friend. Come back soon!
    -Mindstorm787

4. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Hi Glen,
    Anyone that you call a friend and you fight with is a true friend. What is a friendship without fighting. It is not real, any friendship that you do not fight with them is not real, because everyone fights at some point, unless you are a robot. Oh I just herd a beeping noise from the other room, maybe I should not talk abut robots that way. :) You have to do what is right for you. If something is not fun then why do it? Glen you will find something else that is fun that you enjoy and you are always welcome back to RPA. It not like I will lock you up. Oh that cage that.. is for decoration yea that is it just ignore that. I posted here to make you feel better but I do not know if I did that. Anyways enjoy yourself Glen.
    GarrettFinch

5. Aelin Best Waifu

Glen if you want to leave then that is fine. Take the stress out. You don't have to stick around AoT, I can treat Drake like an npc and make it work. You are always welcome around skype and such, but to be honest you won't escape all the drama, it just happens. I am sad to see you leave khv, and you are always welcome back when you are ready. The RPA won't feel nearly as fun as it is with you around. Thank you for all the good times that we had on here, with the khv awards and the villainy things. With all the drama we created in rps. However our friendship started on skype, and isn't tied to this sight. It sucks to not see you around but we still have means of contact. That being said. Go out and have your own life. I will always be around when needed, but you don't have to stick around skype for me or anyone else. We will cope and just hope that we don't completely lose contact with you all together.

Finally you are gaining your soul back from khv. It no longer binds you. Be free little bird. Be free.

6. Mixt The dude that does the thing

It's been a while since I've RPed with you (hell, I haven't been very active here at all for a while), but you're a cool dude and I wish you the best. I hope to see you around again, but obviously do whatever you need to do to get your stuff together. I'm pretty sure you have my Skype if you want to vent or whatevs.

7. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Wow. I can't really say much else to start off.

In my mind you've become sort of a fixture in the RP Arena - one of the big names almost. And it'll be sad to see you go, but at the same time I completely understand. I'll miss you, but take as much time as you need to sort things out. We'll always be here if you ever wanna stop by.

8. CrownMoksha Decimo

No, I did not see this coming. There goes another person i remember rping with back in my early, noobish days which sucks cause it was enjoyable reading your posts. Hopefully you'll be able to sort things out soon, we'll probably still be here. Some of us still in 5+ rps all at once.

9. Hiro ✩ Guardian

[​IMG]
    My face when I read that needlessly heartnreaking title

Glen, we've had our ups and downs, but holy Wampa will I miss seeing you around. You're so recognizable and we may not even speak much but I do consider you a friend. Wish you the best of luck. Stay connected on Skype, yeah?

10. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

How I imagine you right now:

[​IMG]

;~;

Really sorry to see you go. It's a shame I never got to role-play with you (though I was happy to know Re: Mario's High School Days seemed to catch your attention a bit... before its convoluted plot scared you XD). Hope things get better for you. And don't ever forget KHV.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  11. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Aw, and I just got back. :( Ah well. It's been nice knowing you over the years, RPing with you back in the day, being space pirates, all that fun stuff. I'm glad I came in time to see you off, good luck with your ventures, may you succeed in everything you put your hand to. Check back in now and again, okay? Farewell! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.