What stories/poems/etc. are you working on or planning?

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Plums, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Plums Wakanda Forever

I thought we could start some WRITING DISCUSSION here B)

As the title says, what do you currently have in the works? I have a few ideas, but I need to fold laundry, so have at it, kids.

2. Krowley Moderator

For some reason, a little of Children story ideas have popped into my mind now and again. The only writing project I have on this site is
    The NightWalkers, and I really should update that eventually...
    Another small project is Kismet, which works like those "Choose your own adventure" stories that Jayn and What? post in the Fun and Games section. It was meant to be in the Writer's Nook as it is a pretty long story in mind, but I think this is the more suitable route.

3. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

I'm really trying to limit my work load so that what I do start gets done. For right now:
    "Based Forward", which follows an OC of mine through a little Kingdom Hearts-based adventure. It focuses on the Mysterious Tower as a central place, and it is planned to go to some really fantastic places that I don't want to give away just yet. I use a lot of sound devices because the central theme is music, and I'm really proud of some of the literary devices I have worked in there. For this story I use the "Hero's Journey" model used for and found in most tales of Heroes, and I really plan this through. I conceptualize plot points and outline events, then I write a first draft in a notebook. The chapter written in the notebook by hand then gets typed into my Laptop where I immediately upload it to the site after some editing. I write this story with the presumption that one would not have to know anything about Kingdom Hearts in order to enjoy it; it's its own thing. Novel-fiction.

"The Concert", this is deep in the concept-phase. It's based off a failed Role play that I tried starting where characters from Kingdom Hearts bring in musicians and bands from real life for a concert in Luxord's home. Some of the bands and artists I plan on using include: Tom Waits, Green Day, Avril Lavigne, Justin Timberlake, Michael Buble', My Chemical Romance, Train, Coldplay, and others. It'd be casual, for the most part, not having to deal heavily with KH canon. Novel-fiction.

I'm also planning a short story about the 101 Dalmatians based around Krowley's RP "Kingdom Hearts SOS" to explain the missing 99 puppies. I already wrote a story in the 100 Acre Wood with the A. A. Milne characters, "Play Ball!", to explain another SOS minigame, so I'm really looking forward to work on this one. Short story-fiction.

Truth be told, I'd love to expand my readership and at least get some critique.

4. Plums Wakanda Forever

For what I have planned currently:

CASCADIA

I am starting the second part of my sequel KHV fanfic to my old Blood of the Cascade one. I'm a bit hesitant with writing because I haven't written in a while, and I'm also trying to get the portrayals of the members down more accurately (I am very variable with Misty, which is bad since she became the protag :v). I have a lot of ideas all set in stone, but as of now I'm trying to carefully work out the little details to help flow in with the major plot developments I'm planning on achieving.

I also have an idea for a game I'm going to make in RPG maker, but I'm still working on the characters, since who they are will be influencing how I'm going to develop the plot & world around them.

5. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

Mine has been in the works for awhile, but has been on hiatus for a few years. Called "Valentine of Destiny," it's something of a sequel to one of my other stories. It follows up after KHII, and slowly shifts from Sora to Riku, and goes into detail on several characters, including Vincent Valentine, and some custom characters, including some heartless versions of Braig and other memebers of the Organization. I'm going to try and finish it up this year.

6. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

Relevant trivia: They're called quest threads most places and Jube's You are the little girl and Young Joey threads in the spam zone were the first ones to make it big on the site.

Personal Opinion: You made the right choice not putting it here. Putting something like that in this section is a good way to get it ignored. Maybe if this section picks up stuff like that might become more viable but now you did the right thing for your thread.

Relevant Trivia: What ever happened the LOBAN?

Personal Opinion: Schedule it. Tell yourself that you need to have X amount done by X time and then actually do it. One year I decided I'd update something every Monday. I did, even if it was only 500-600 words. That led to the longest thing I've ever written. Why did it stop? I broke schedule and couldn't make it back. Scheduling is powerful. But to avoid breaking schedule you should keep up that planning you have there. Also, chase two hares and catch neither. Don't run too many projects at once.

I just got knocked out of an oct (in the first round no less) this spring break and school's been feeling especially rape-y lately, but I do have some things I've been meaning to work on.

Darunter/Iwillfinishthisshitifitkillsmesohelpmegod
    It's a story that I need to rework a lot. I totally ruined a lot of the execution in the first run, but I feel like the characters and the message are important to me. The older I've gotten, the more Erica has appealed to me and the more I've regretted stopping. So expect mediocre things from me in the coming season.

Filthy Casuals
    I stopped because four of the people the were supposed to be in it left/got banned. I've got the rest of it planned out more or less but since it needs user input it didn't feel right doing it without Makaze, Sfor-chan, Jube and Ghetto. I might at least give it a final page to set it to rest.

It's night/morning/afternoon
    It's my experiment with free form writing and collaboration with voters. I have to be pretty relaxed to really update these so the stress I've been under is pretty much wrecking it.

That's all. I'm too out of it to write much more.

7. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Just something I've been trying to work on. Spark Runner.

Since I've finally gotten a day off, I'm going to try and update with another chapter. I'd hate to see this buried in the graveyard of all my failed attempts.

8. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie