What next for "season two?"

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ' started by . : tale_wind, Sep 9, 2016.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

WARNING: FREE-RANGE SPOILERS FOR χ AHEAD

So, to recap the ending of χ:

Ava starts the Keyblade War by attacking Luxu. You choose not to join the Dandelions. Your use of the Power Bangle to collect Guilt unwittingly created a Nightmare Chirithy, who has been following his own agenda of darkness. You fight in the Keyblade War, battling all of the Foretellers but your own. Aced in particular is fighting to unite all the Unions under his control to maintain order. Eventually you fall to the ground in the Keyblade Graveyard, ready to die, when Skuld and Ephemer appear in a ray of light and reach out to you. When you wake up, you're in Enchanted Dominion, and your memories of the events leading up to the Keyblade War have been rewritten and erased past the point where Ava extended an offer to you to join the Dandelions. Elsewhere in Enchanted Dominion, Maleficent wonders where "that fool" has gone and comments that Sora and his friends won't be able to find her here. -RECONNECT. KINGDOM HEARTS-

So that's the end of the browser game, the ending episode to which was titled "Unchained 0," implying that it serves as a prologue to what Nomura calls "season two" of the story. Here's some info we've learned since:

• The plot of Unchained will move on to Castle of Dreams, a new Disney world, before what would have been the finale in the browser game. In Japan, this will be in October; in the global version, this will be in or after January.
    • Also coming to the game will be Enchanted Dominion, of course, as hinted in the browser game's ending and the existence of Fairy Stars in Unchained's code, and one more Disney world brand-new to the series.
    • If we take Nomura's recent teasings into account, Ventus may be somehow tied up in the plot.
    • The χ-Blade, bafflingly, was absent from the Keyblade War as depicted in the browser game. Was it not the reason for the Keyblade War as Master Xehanort described it, or at the very least a reason? Where is it?
    So...what now? Where do you think all this is going to go?

Discuss!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  2. Rhyagella Merlin's Housekeeper

I am a bit confused on something...I thought the browser game was the mobile game? Why are they both called Unchained X? And why not release the first one for people?

(looking at the Unchained code, I saw the Fairy Stars thing too. I wonder what it is.)

3. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

The browser game is called χ [chi] and the mobile game is called Unchained χ. They cover the same plot for the most part, following the player and the Unions and Ephemer and whatnot. But there are minor changes from the browser game's plot to Unchained's, and likely more drastic ones on the horizon, with Ephemer and Skuld presumably taking the player in the browser game to the dimension called Unchained, and the player's memory being rewritten. Notably, the forthcoming addition of Castle of Dreams to Unchained is something that never happened in the browser game; likewise, the player's diversion in the Underworld in Olympus Coliseum was also original to Unchained.

As to why the browser game was never localized, we can only speculate, as I don't think an official reason has been given. But Unchained will adapt as well as expand and continue the plot of the browser game, which closed its services this month.

4. Rhyagella Merlin's Housekeeper

Thanks for the info! So it is kind of like a retelling of the browser game? Well in that case then I can't wait for more of the story to unfold, especially since it is hinted at meaning much more for KHIII.

5. Day~Dream Kingdom Keeper

I had wondered as well where the χ-Blade plays in. I looked at it from a realistic angle (but perhaps I shouldn't since it's Nomura, and my little not-so-much-of-a theory is since the keyblade war happened hundreds of years ago the story of the war had been retold so many times that perhaps somethings were unintentionally added and taken out over the years up to the point that it's now a very vague story of warriors fighting over the light (which we now know there was much more to it than that) Along the way maybe one ver. was retold with the χ-Blade playing a role in the war and being the reason behind it.

I too am curious how the χ-Blade will come into play since now we know it wasn't part of the war nor the drive behind it.