What is it you find attractive in a guy/girl?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Rho, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Rho Twilight Town Denizen

And not attractive?

For me..

Attractive:
    -Intelligence. VERY important to me. Unfortunately, smart people are hard to find at my school. :/

-Major sense of humor. Come on, who'd want their girlfriend/boyfriend to have no sense of humor?

-Geekiness. Another hard-to-find thing at my school: Geeky girls. My school sucks.

-Ability to beat the crap out of someone when needed. I don't know why, I just find a girl who could be able to beat the crap out of someone attractive.

-Being a "loner". Gives them more "mystery", so to speak, and if we ended up dating, friendship conflicts wouldn't really get in the way and could make for a more stable relationship.

Unattractive:

-HUGE breasts. I find too-large ones to be unattractive, but either way, I don't care about such things.

-Smoking. Disgusting. Makes them smell horrible. Makes ANYONE smell horrible.

-Doing drugs. Self-explaining.

-Drinking. Why would I want to date a drinker? I find the stuff to be disgusting.

-Stupidity. Probably one of the biggest turn-offs is being incredibly stupid.
    A bunch of kids gave me crap about rejecting some girl known as "hot". Why? She wasn't intelligent in the least bit. Thinks Hawaii is its own country.

-Being short. It just makes me feel wrong. I don't hate short people whatsoever for being short, but it just would feel awkward.

-Being obsessed over Twilight. One of the ways to automatically make me walk in the other direction.

I don't find looks to be the most important thing, there's SOMEWHAT important, but not critically. Not the least important thing either (come on, you can't deny something like preferred brand of socks is more important than looks :p)

indeed

2. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

I'm always attracted to the eyes the most, out of physical qualities. Usually, I'd prefer if he(maaaayyyyybe she) was around the same attractiveness level as myself, but if the personality is great, I can make exceptions.

Personality wise, intelligence and wit are a major plus. A good sense of humor, being able to laugh at themself and an ability to make me laugh is very important too. And most of the time I prefer the 'nice guys', being insulting and a jerk are complete turn-offs for me.

3. Always Dance Chaser

Physically attractive:
    A clean, acne-free face.
    Long hair (I really hate short hair for some reason :V)
    Relatively skinny
    Boobies :lolface:
    Striped shirts(all of my friends think I'm weird for this one. Girls who wear striped shirts are automatically HOT to me.)
    I like glasses
    Dark blue jeans.

Personally attractive(taken from the spam zone thread)

-Nice
    -Has a sense of humor(IMPORTANT)
    -Likes the same music I do.
    -Hates(or at least doesn't listen to) the same music I hate (IMPORTANT)
    -Can cook
    -Has a close group of friends that she can go to once in a while so I can get some alone time, but she doesn't give them more attention than me.
    -Shares similar interests with me.
    -Isn't a feminist
    -Is Christian
    -Loves me(IMPORTANT)
    -I can talk to her about my problems/day/whatever i want to talk about
    -Takes less than a freaking hour to get ready
    -Is well educated and I can have intelligent discussions with her(IMPORTANT)
    -Supports all of my decisions.

4. Shuhbooty moon child

Physical Appearance:
    Tall - I like someone to look up too.
    Adorable smile
    Wonderful Eyes (Brown are my fav)

Personality:
    Someone who would love me for who I am (I'm selfish xD)
    Great Sense of Humor - Laughing is a hobby
    Is nice to everyone
    Makes time for me
    Won't pressure me
    Smart
    Geez someone that's just nice, caring and doesn't give a shit about anything. xD

5. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

This seems more like a GD thread.

I find lots of things attractive.
    Just plain attractive?

I like skinny girls with long hair. Not bulimic skinny for a relationship wise, but I'm shallow and it's just a hook up, I (depending on my state of mind) will consider bulimic pretty hot. I remember actually refusing to have sex with a girl because I didn't want to break her.
    Hair-wise, I love medium to long length haired. If it reaches your ass though, I'm coming at you with a razor. To the neck, down to the small of the back is good. Barely past the shoulders is perfect. I usually go for light-colored hairs, red-heads, blondes, light brown, etc, but that's not a priority. (Love of my life had dirty blonde hair)
    By the way, platinum or bleach blonde catches my eye, but it does NOT appeal to me.
    Average height. I don't want her towering over me, and I don't want to tower over her.
    I love hips and legs. If you have a nice ass (Yes, I'm shallow), and by nice I mean shaped, slightly big (no ghetto booties for me) that swings when you walk, you can put me in a trance. Long legs...oh my god, I love them. (And they need to be smooth B|)
    Big breasts? For something serious, I'd pass. For a hook-up, the shallow guy in me will drool. I prefer them average to slightly big sized. In other words, I want it obvious you have breasts, but I don't want to be knocked out by them.
    Light colored, especially blue, amaze me, but I wouldn't call that a priority either.
    Straight teeth are also a plus (simply because I'm insecure of mine).
    I'm also a sucker for ears. They're quirky.
    Oh...and ridiculously pale is a no-go, as is a fake tan. (Girls, word of advice? Tanning beds=no, sunbathing=yes)
    Wears make-up without looking like a clown, but doesn't have a need for it.
    And if you have an accent (from another language, not dialect) I'll be your slave.

Personality wise:
    A sense of humor so my sharp sarcasm and occassionally dark-humor doesn't go over her head.
    Knows when to be serious. I don't want a goofball.
    Likes music I do.
    Open-minded a tad.
    A little bit of a partier. (if you can't remember any of the last four weekends or even the majority of the weekdays, consider rehab)
    Drinker? I don't mind. I don't touch the cheap stuff, just keep the smell away.
    Cigarettes? I don't mind. Wouldn't kiss them after a smoke though. I quit and the smell now disgusts me.
    Weed? I don't mind. If she doesn't, she shouldn't try to stop me from doing it myself, but I'd gladly cut down.
    Pills and other hardcore drugs? That's where I draw the line.
    Intelligence is definitely a plus.
    Goals also work out in her favor. (If I'm at a club, party, etc. and a girl asks me what I do, plan to do, she better be ready for the same question)
    I don't know why, but a girl who knows how to drive and actually has a license attracts me as well
    but...
    If you're not old enough to drive=no-go
    If your kids are old enough to drive=no-go.

Do you consider these high standards?

6. Atlas Gummi Ship Junkie

What i look for in a lady

Some sort of cock

What i look for in a man

vaginal cavity

7. Enigmatic Boy Twilight Town Denizen

Ah yes. I am very fussy guy usually, but I don't think I'll be able to list all the details I find attractive in a girl. Well, anyways, here goes, I like:
    Skinnyish type of girls, like medium, not too fat, not too skinny
    Girls with green eyes (absolutely go head over heels as soon as I see a good one of these xD), but I don't mind brown eyes either
    Hair, medium to longish, not many girls I know or like have short hair, preferrably a dark colour like brunette or even black
    At least an inch or so shorter than me, but not too short and definitely not taller than me (I'd find it horrible to kiss a girl taller than me, I'd have to go on my tiptoes urgh, and I'm already on the shorter side).
    OK breasts, like medium, not too big and no flat chests >.>
    Straight teeth, doesn't have to be 100% but at least about 90% lol
    A bit of a tan (girls generally look healthier this way lol), don't mind slightly pale, just a bit though.
    And a girl who looks beautiful in make up (not coated in it though), but who can still look pretty without it.

Phew.
    Personality Wise, they have to be smart, not hell nerdy or anything, but still quite smart (important point for me)
    have to be nice, kind, caring, etc.
    Good sense of humour, I mean, can handle jokes, even a few darker jokes
    Has to know when to be serious though (especially to have DnM's lol...>.> they're like a hidden passion of mine)
    No cigarettes, drugs, any of that **** (I'd like a well behaved girl lol). Drinking in moderation is fine, just a bit of drink, no getting drunk every Friday or whatever.
    She must love me and be devoting
    Hmmm loyalty too, I don't want no cheating.
    Not annoying or irritating. A little bit of teasing is fine though, to make it part of her humourous side.

Finally, they have to be around my age, give or take a year, and be Catholic XP

8. The Mender Traverse Town Homebody

well me i find attractive glassis, loves bad joks (i'm full of them lol) careing, and likes computer games or me, and looks are not important to me at all

i find not attractive: nothing relty i am so bad with girls that i have no standers so as long as they have some of the above i will have them

9. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

Is anyone else going "check, check, no, check, haven't got that, check, check, I only wish, check..."?

A few major turn-offs I forgot to mention: ignorance and intolerance.

10. Flamedancer Twilight Town Denizen

Here's my list:

Looks:
    -really skinny, but not sickly-looking
    -Fairly attractive face
    -Either blue or hazel eyes
    -Dark hair, preferably dark-brown or black (Light browns are okay, blond=no go)
    -sharper/angular face
    -Freckles are definitely a plus XD
    -Has to be taller than me

Personality:
    -Nice (obviously)
    -Has to know what sarcasm is
    -No drugs, heavy drinking, etc., but can't be too much of a goody-goody
    -Doesn't necessarily have to be Christian, but has to be okay that I am
    -Can't be a boob man, considering I'm an A-cup XP
    -Has to be smart; not, like, straight-A's, but can't be stupid
    -Has to be okay walking into Hot Topic with me
    -Has to have a sense of humor
    -Has to know when to be serious, when to have fun

11. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Eyes make an impact but personality doesn't matter. I was about to rip on you so bad until I read the next few words. I don't think you can judge a person simply by looking into their eyes.

Also, I don't care how un-shallow you are (deep doesn't seem like the right word), I doubt anyone can honestly say they have never even had one small impression on someone based on their physical appearance. It's simple social psychology, you start an opinion on someone with what you have to work with. And the first thing you notice is appearance. That's what's going to start to build an impression. Your impression can be wrong as you may find out once you get to know the person, but physical appearance can't be ignored. Unless you meet someone over the internet, but maybe their cyber appearance (profiles, avatars, how they type, etc.) can leave an impression as well.

12. Aura Goddess

Physical attraction:
    -Needs to be tall. Seriously. Almost all of the guys I have liked have been a bit shorter than me. It'd be embarrassing if I dated a guy that'd be shorter than me. But also, I don't want to have to use a ladder or something to kiss him.
    -Hair. I don't like a guy that has his hair below his shoulders. If he does, I will come at him with a pair of scissor.
    -No piercings or tattoos. A huge turn off for me. Maybe one tattoo is fine, but just as long as you're not freaking covered in them. As for piercing, absolutely none.
    -Needs to be in shape. Skinny/thin is alright but just as long as you're not anorexic.
    -No beard or mustache. A slight mustache is alright but not one that will tickle my lip when I kiss him. A beard, no.
    -No druggy or alcoholic. If you're a druggy, I won't date you. As for alcoholic, once every few weeks is alright, but I don't want someone who's constantly drinking every week. I have a very low tolerance of both things because of personal issues in my family.

Personality attraction:
    -Needs to be able to make me laugh at any given moment. Seriously. If a guy has a great sense of humor, without having to be an a-hole, I'll fall for him.
    -Needs to be smart. I don't want someone completely stupid, but also I don't want someone who will confuse me every time he talks. I'm slow. >B|
    -Things that we have in common. It helps conversations if we have a lot in common or a few things in commons. I don't want someone who's a complete opposite of me, it'll feel weird.
    -Has to be comfortable around my family. Seriously, my family judges people a bit harshly and I don't really want that to happen if I end up getting a boyfriend. ._.
    -Trustworthy. Not only is his sense of humor important, but loyalty is something I really, really, really look at. He cheats on me, he dies. By my hands.
    -Romantic. Hehe. >>; But not someone who's constantly romantic.

I think that's it. <-<

13. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

If your saying, to just have a little fun with than my requirements are:

Anything with a hole.

However, if I was to be serious, I wouldn't really be far away from what I said. I would like to try my time with a lot of different people in a lot of different ways. Blonde, Bunette...Black, White...Tall, Short...Fat, Thin...Geek, Goth...Guy, Girl...or anything in between really. I wouldn't mind trying it all at least one time in my life.
    However I do have some restrictions, hard it si to believe, I know.

However a commited relationship wise, just the basics. Acts nothing like my parents, genrally optimistic, serious yet smiley. After that I don't mind. Just having these qualities, to me, makes you more attractive than those without. I don't know why though.

Yes. Yes they damn well are!
    Must be hard to find a commited relationship with all the 'requirements' you ask for. Or do you not ask, and just have a sign on your shirt that says: 'You must be this perfect to ride me.'

Yeah, and it seems 'good sense of humour' is what any and everyone wants. But seriously, if you went into a bar and saw Ricky Gervais and Brad Pitt, who are you more likely to talk to?

14. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I'm not gonna lie. I have high standards and I'm not going to lower them for just anybody. For a commited relationship, I would prefer for someone to meet at least most of them.
    If it was just a fling or one time thing, then I agree with you:
    With a decent appearance.

15. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

Ricky Gervais, honestly. Coming from a straight chick, that may sound odd, hm? I've just never found Brad Pitt uber attractive, and Ricky Gervais is made of total kickassery.

I don't really think I have a specific "type". I don't care about hair colour, hair length, skin colour, eye colour. I'd prefer a guy who's taller or the same height as me. Scrawny is kind of a turn off for me. Preferably in-shape, very minimal "plump-age" but a bit's fine.

Sense of humour, yada yada. But when I say "sense of humour", I mean more than just can be funny. I mean can understand my sense of humour. I swear everything I say to my sister's boyfriend goes right over his head. He thinks I'm being witty and sarcastic when I'm being serious, and he takes me seriously when I'm being witty and sarcastic. It annoys the crap out of me. "Where've you been?" he asks. "I just got back from India" I reply. ".... what?" God. ><
    Someone who pays attention to me. I don't mean that self-centeredly, more like someone who listens and actually wants to hang with me.

16. AmericanSephiroth Traverse Town Homebody

Loveless Ave. missing the point of it all
    turn ons.
    -must be at least a little on the smart side
    -must be at least 5ft tall(i do not want to look like a child rapist)
    -needs to be at least fairly nice looking(no balloons)
    -long hair( JI JANE=HELL NO)
    -funny
    -cute
    -respectable
    -must be open minded
    -goth (not emo)
    turn offs.
    -too dark (not racist just dont want to date charcoal)
    -manly (im straight miss)
    -flat chested(looks like a 2x4, HAS a 2x4)
    -violent
    Instant walk-aways
    -bald
    -has kids (I am not taking care of brats that are not my own)
    -an idiot(if you think 2+2=fish then no)
    -speaks in txt tlk
    -heath-nut(if i cant eat mcd's around her then goodbye)
    -Preppy

these seem a bit high standards but i still will date girls with a few of the turn offs rarely, but an instant walk away is as such

17. Emzy ♥ Gummi Ship Junkie

Looks -

Honestly, I'm not going to be a total saint and say that it isn't about looks. She must look good. Not super model material, god no, but an attraction must be there.
    I HATE skinny bodies. They are rather unattractive to me, and so I like a more curvy body. They also give better hugs. ::L:
    Hair can be however the hell they want it. But really, I prefer straight hair. Short/long curly hair isn't as nice to me as shorter straight hair. As long as they suit the hair colours, I'm great.
    Teeth. Oral hygeine is like an OCD for me; I dislike talking/looking at people with bad teeth or breath, and I wouldn't be able to cope with a girl who has either of those. Blergh.
    I love darker coloured eyes, and seeing people smile. Smiling in conversation is contagious, and I love to see others like that. But a nice smile, not one where all teeth in the human skull are exposed.

Personality -

Diverse interests are something I adore, but I love having things in common with people. It's not something found often with me, but when I do find it, I treasure it like a lost kitten.
    I would like them to be tolerant. I'm a moody person at times with a vicious temper, and I wouldn't want them to go off in a big hissy fit whenever I turn a little sour. I would return that favour.
    May seem silly, but I need a sense of humour there. I am a rather sexually minded person, and I laugh at stupid things, so I don't want to be with a person who get's all "Ew that's strange" whenever I pull a stupid joke or something.
    If they are attracted, and know I am attracted back, I want to know that. I don't want them to be kinda... distanced from me or anything. I don't want them clingy, but attention is nice.

Oh, and I hate it when they put themselves down. What an irritating habit.

18. Sumi suicidé

Appearance:
    -eyes are everything
    -hair only to the shoulders, no longer, really about an inch shorter would be great
    -bigger than me [I'm 5'4 and taller than most guys I know]
    -NO HUGE FEET PLEASE

Personality and Skills:
    -loves to draw
    -loves languages [hopefully knows a few <33]
    -someone who can teach me new things, and can help me improve the person I am
    -someone who sees me as their equal
    -please please please be a dork xD
    -someone who is easy to talk to
    -someone with common goals
    -someone I can love
    -someone who accepts my quirks
    -NO ONE TOO PREPPY </3
    -witty
    -likes to listen to monologues, speeches, audiobooks
    -similar taste in music [not like my ex boyfriend, who only listened to mainstream ****]
    -someone 1-6 years older >>
    -open-minded

There's more, but I'm picky ><
    I really don;t care about most, they just make up a perfect man.
    <3
    I'm not the only one checking what I am to others, right...?​

19. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Wow, your male population is short.

20. Xephos Neko, gamer, animelover, and artist :3 *purrs*

What I find attractive in a girl would be that she is shorter than me, asian, cute, intelligent, loves music of my sort (which is K-pop) who is interested in my nationality and who likes anime. Black hair and black eyes would be okay for me and personality might be okay if she was a shy type as well. Hair that is very long is very nice but optional.

Pretty much an average asian girl I'd like to have. ^^ *purrs*