What games do you wish you could play for the first time again?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by . : tale_wind, Feb 26, 2017.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Sometimes you find a game, boot it up for the first time, and get blown away. But when you replay it, you can't quite recapture that feeling. Are there any games you've played that you want to play for the first time again?

I wish I could play Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan for the first time again. I downloaded the free demo for it the day after I got my 2DS; I'd heard the series' name before and it looked kinda neat, but didn't know much of anything about it, so I decided I'd give it a whirl. (Besides, I needed a variety of games to entertain myself on an upcoming road trip.) I didn't expect to be so thoroughly blown away when I played it. The character customization, the music, the mapping, the dungeons, the MUSIC, everything was so perfectly executed and I fell in love. I plugged hours into the demo before I got my hands on the full version (thirteen, according to my Activity Log). I'm hoping Etrian Odyssey V gives me the same feeling...whenever it comes out...

2. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Final Fantasy VII or Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. I actually didn't play that many RPGs as a kid, so it's telling that I nonetheless count them among my favorite genres thanks to just those two. No other game has come close to the sense of wonder, discovery, and emotional investment I felt with those games - with the possible exception of Kingdom Hearts, of course.

3. libregkd -

4. Airi Ban King's Apprentice

Bastion so that I can re-witness the miracle that is Logan Cunningham's voice for the first time.

5. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I'd go with The Stanley Parable. So much of the game's value comes from the unexpected. Once you know what's coming it can still be amusing and all that, but it's just not nearly the same.

6. Day~Dream Kingdom Keeper

Kingdom Hearts 1. I was so captivated by the collaboration between FF and KH (I was a young kid when it came out, around 7) so I was all about Disney and anything related. The story was simple enough yet so exciting going off and venturing into new worlds to search for your friends while making friends with iconic Disney characters. It had the perfect balance between light heartedness and seriousness especially when touching the subjects of trust and betrayal. That game taught me so much about friendship and I would love very much to relieve those feelings.

7. Amaury Legendary Hero

Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits.

8. Dravoo Traverse Town Homebody

Ocarina of Time on N64.

9. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Final Fantasy IX. I played it right when it came out, so I was quite young (maybe 6 or 7), so all of my early memories are hazy and are basically just flashes of story and color (and I never even made it past the Ice Caverns as a kid anyway lol) but I remember being entranced by it.

Also, KH2. I think I watched the opening two dozen times when I first got it lmao.

10. Dr.M Merlin's Housekeeper

This might sound terrible but Mario Party 2 for the 64. That game was such a good time when i first played it I don't know i felt like i accomplished something great when i won. Good times

11. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
    A dude after my own heart right here^

OoT is, without question, the number one game that I'd love to be able to go back and experience for the first time again.