What do you think is too young of an age for sex?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Deathsight44, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Deathsight44 Kingdom Keeper

I sort've started the topic on a spam thread, n right now I'm sorta busy, so basicly, the title of it says it all. Say how young you think is too young, what age is right, and simply state your thoughts on the topic.

2. Misty gimme kiss

Personally, I don't really think that there should be a certain 'age.' Everyone has a different case, different religious beliefs, and a different level of maturity. I do however think that you should wait until you've been with someone for at least a year (or around that time). I feel that sex is one of the highest expressions of love, and shouldn't be done if there isn't love.

Sex can really feck up a relationship too [no pun intended]. I heard a story from an online friend that he and his girlfriend of two years had sex, and after that their relationship got a little rocky. I've got a friend that slept with her boyfriend after only about three months of being with him. I already thought that they were taking things too quickly, and when she informed me of this, I knew it wouldn't be too long before they broke up. They broke up about three months later. Another example I've got [wow I know a lot of horny people] is my stepsister. She ended up breaking up with her boyfriend because he kept pushing her to sleep with him. Adding to that, what if something went wrong? We all know the consequences of having sex with no protection. No sixteen-year-old is ready to have a child, despite what Lorelai Gilmore has told us. (although I suppose that in season four she tells everyone that timing is everything and she should have waited, but I digress)

For myself, I want to wait until I've really been with the person for a while, we're both comfortable in the relationship and with the idea of being completely "with" them [ew that sounds gross]. I think waiting until marriage is a little extreme, but it's not a completely horrible idea.

lol @ the fact that I brought Gilmore Girls into this AND my views reflect exactly what my astrological sign says they should be.

3. EraserRain Banned

Well i had sex when i was 11. Im not sure if thats right though. Any opinions?

4. Peyton Goddess Of Love ♥

Well right now where I live one of the hottest news is about an 11 year old boy and a 12 year old girl having sex in a classroom in the school time. With a condem, while several classmates were watching. The sad part is that this is true. It was this huge ruckus about it and all.
    I don't support that kinda stuff at all, it's like having sex without knowing quite what it is, and only for the attention and because older people are doing it.

Personally, I think it should be okay to have sex with someone when you have been togheter for a while, and the feelings you feel for each other are feelings that actually there, not just to bang to bang because everyone else is doing it. Bang because you feel like it and really want to. And most importantly, don't just get used as a ragdoll *coughgirlsmostly*. And when feelings are returned.
    But then again, can't say I have anything aganst spontanious sex between two people who just can't stay away from each other. I mean to be a attrackted to a point like that.
    But then again, the bolded part is the part I find the most usual.
    My personal view on this matter. ^

5. Deathsight44 Kingdom Keeper

Hmmm. In some points, I think you are right. I do believe though that 3 months is long enough to be dating. I feel as if there is no problem with someone being able to do it with friends either, but that is their choice, and there choice alone. As long as both people are willing, and no one is being forced

That is MUCH to young. I mean, hell, that's just plain creepy.....

of course, now that you say that, I just come up with the question. How do people feel about 3 or more people being involved? In other words, an orgy

6. ArchVice Gummi Ship Junkie

I sound like a total hypocrite for saying this because I first had sex at 15, but now that I'm older I feel this is the right answer. I don't think you should have sex until you are an adult. Accidents happen and I have seen the toll paid by teens having children. It greatly affects not just the parents of the baby but the whole surrounding family. I know the urge is there and it is difficult to resist temptation. If you do decide to have sex, at least take the proper steps to avoid STDs and pregnancy by use of condoms and birth-control.

7. Deathsight44 Kingdom Keeper

Birth control is something that I am sure that everyone can agree with then.

I personally hate how condems feel. And I'm sure that girls don't mind taking birth control. After all, without a condum, there is so much more you and ur partner can do, though I don't think it would be right for me to go into details

8. Forever Love Life Without Limits

Honestly, I think you should wait to have sex until you are absolutely ready for it. When I say ready, I mean ready for any of the consequences that occur, if they occur. It's either pregnancy or STD's. My sister got pregnant at 15 and I can't say that it's the right thing to do, because it's not, but I think she learned her lesson because she couldn't get a college education because she had to take care of her kid and her husband, thankfully, was in the Marines at the time and brought home the money so they could hold their own.

I have to be very honest and say that I'm happy I'm a virgin. I'm definitely not ready to "commit" to someone like that...at all. I want to wait until I know that the person loves me for who I am...and not my body, if that's what they're after. I want to be sure I'm ready for it and not...scared, like I am now.

I completely disagree with you on this. In fact, I disagreed with you about a lot of things when you posted in the other thread. Are you saying that people can just randomly go off with someone and have sex? Dude, that's how you get STD's. That's a no-go. So is "doing it" with someone you've been dating for three months, if that's what you're also saying. Doesn't matter if you're saying it or not, because that's definitely too short a length of time to have sex with a boyfriend or girlfriend.

9. Deathsight44 Kingdom Keeper

Trust me. Many people will disagree with me. I doubt I am going to be able to find too many people on this site who will agree with me, and I don't blame them either. It is simply my oppinion, and how I feel towards sex.

Like said. If ya know what you're doing, then go for it, but if ur gonna be stupid about it, then you shouldn't be doin that kind of stuff. Like said, my own oppinion.

(dun read if ya dun wanna hear the details. You have been warned. I'm just doing this for those who feel sensative about this kind of talk)
    If you are smart about it, then you'll pull out of the girl and let her either give you oral, hand, or use her boobs, or you can just go to the bathroom or somethen. But otherwise, if someone is honostly so stupid as to come in the girl they are doing it with, then they really shouldn't have been stupid enough to do it with her in the first place.....

10. ArchVice Gummi Ship Junkie

I like the hot details but I disagree with pulling out. Semen still comes out before you ejaculate and therefor runs the risk of pregnancy.

11. Near-to-Tears Hollow Bastion Committee

Personally, I think that sex is something that people shouldn't do until they're an adult. I wouldn't actually mind waiting for marriage myself because at the moment the idea of intercourse or anything "alternatives" makes me feel sick and panicky.

But if they feel like they must they shouldn't expect people of their own age to automatically "grow up" with them. Speaking from experience I have a "friend" who had sex with her boyfriend of seven months, they then split up two weeks later though. Then got back together, and then spilt perminatly again. But that's besides the point, the point I was trying to make is that she wouldn't shut up about telling us every little detail. From semen on the bed to how he "mis-aimed" once. That was a gross conversation... And even after we asked her to shut up she wouldn't. Her excuse was "When you've had sex you want to talk about it". But even people who have had sex found the detail she went into repulsive. So it changes people, but not the people around them. Which I think is something to bear in mind when the decision is being made.

So I believe that it's down to the person, but if they do have sex at a young age they shouldn't expect that people will be willing to listen like they might do if they were older or experianced themselves.

12. Sir Charles of Monocles The Fault in Our Stars

If I remember correctly, the age of people being sexually active in the U.S is around 10 or 12. That is WAY too young, in my opinion. 21 seems like a good age. You are allowed to drink at that age in the US. *Note: I am a virgin and I am going to stay a virgin until I get married. Nothing is going to change that. Besides, my family would kill me, literally.*

13. T3F Chaser

Personally, you guys are sickening me! ewwwwwww! according to my religion, wait till your married. Any younger than eighteen is disgusting! Any older than eighteen to twenty is fine but still... you should wait for a while.

14. Scott Pilgrim Banned

Thats a good question. I personaly was 15 when it happened, so I couldn't tell you a good answer. All I can tell the younger viewers is.....it's overrated.

15. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

Enjoy your STDs

Condoms aren’t just for preventing pregnancy; they also act as a barrier to help prevent the spread of sexually transmitted infections and diseases. Just because you dislike something doesn’t mean you should forget about the possible consequences.

To be perfectly honest it is better to still use a condom and to also get your girlfriend on some form of contraception such as the pill, that means that if one fails (because they can and do) then you still have the other as a back up.

Lmfao, I’m sorry if I am going to sound a little harsh here, but that is one of the stupidest things that people think. Just because you pull out that doesn’t lessen the risk, for one thing as H_V rightly said, there are little spermies present before you actually ejaculate. Not only that but what if you don’t pull out in time? What then?

Also, :/ doesn’t pulling out kind of defeat the object, it takes some of the fun away if you are constantly thinking about how you need to stop very soon.

How the hell do you think babies are made? O_o

Anyway, now on to my actual post:

The right age for sex is something that is very individual, for one person they might be ready before another person of the same age. It all comes down to individual maturity.

Personally I think that anyone under the age of 16 at the very youngest should not be having sex, I do not think that even most 16 year olds can handle the consequences if something goes wrong such as unplanned pregnancy or infections. Of course there is always that risk no matter how old you are of something going wrong, I just don’t think that the majority (not all) of people under the age of 16 would be able to handle it as well as someone who is older and more mature.

Too many people rush into sex now and think that if they are in a relationship that they should be having sex. Wait until you are absolutely sure you are ready and USE PROTECTION.

It's different for every one, so even if someone tells you how it was for them, that doesn't mean it will be that way for you.

16. AntiWeapon Chaser

Opening poster needs to relearn sex ed.

Ignorence like that is exactly what causes a girl to become pregnet. And like CTR said, STDs are always a posibility.

I think 16 is the minumem age. AND they have to at least know what they are doing? Classes/advice from more mature people. AND USE PROTECTION!

Condom isnt always enough they can break always have something to fall back on.

Im a virgin and I know more then you -o-;

17. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

He was talking about Deathsight Cherry not you >_>

You're welcome :3

18. Asterisk NO WONT LET YOU

You came in here at your own risk.

And in case anyone forgets,this is opinion..saying 'should' is only what you think is right,not what 'should' actually be done about it.Just saying,your word isn't law,no one's is.

Anyway heres how I feel:

14 and below?Definately a No.

19. Deathsight44 Kingdom Keeper

A. Exsactly why I prefer it when girls have birth control ^_^

B. I luv how many people are against me on this. If my veiws ever end up changing, then they will change, but until then, I have no problem with people haven sex in their teenage years.

20. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

Except that no birth control is 100% effective, would you really want to take that chance? Or what if she lies? It isn't worth the risk. Not only that but sex is about TWO people, so why should just one person have to take precautions? As I said before, it is better if you combine the two. Have your girl take some form of birth control and you use a condom.

Not only that but for the love of all things holy have you never heard of Sexually transmitted diseases, wrap your tool before it falls off from some nice mouldy infection.

Sex in teenage years is down to the individuals, some teens are more mature than others, but whilst I have no issue with 18 year olds having sex, I do find issues with 13 year olds having sex. Though to be completely honest I am more concenred right now with your apparent lack of knowledge over consequences and protection.

:\