What created God?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by jafar, Aug 25, 2009.

1. jafar custom title

If man was supposedly created by God, then what created God?

and please no god is past, present, and future and omnipresent bs. please try and give as logical as possible an answer.

2. P Banned

A classic argument against god, but you've denied the followers their explanation. In fact, you've denied them the very definition of their god. It's like you've said "Give me an explanation on why gases aren't solid, and I don't want any of this broken bonds between molecules BS."

3. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Wasn't the analogy Aslan is to Jesus as the Emperor is to God?

But what Pika said is true. You're denying believers their explanation.
    If there was an answer to who created God, then I can ask who created His creator? And who created that one? And so on and so on.

4. Princess Luna Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

In a nutshell: Common concept is that man created the idea of an all powerful being in order to explain the reasons for their existence and as explanation to all the world's wonders around them.

5. P Banned

We don't know for sure that pixies don't exist. But so far we have found no evidence pointing towards pixies, and many of the events we've attributed to faeries, pixies and devils are actually just acts of nature. Am I right to believe Pixies exist?

6. Ŧiмє Яǽрεѓ King's Apprentice

Simple and logical explanation: No one made God, because God does not exist. The Universe came into existence by chance.

That is all.

7. Naqki Traverse Town Homebody

Well, there is the action-reaction argument:
    If you look at how everything in the universe works. Anything that happens in this world must of had an action to cause it. For example the action of water turning to ice, would be the cold temperature. Or, if a tree is swaying outside, it's a reaction of the wind. So if God is a traction, he must of had something to create him. What it is I can't say but that's just a little idea.

8. Repliku Chaser

You've pretty much taken away 99% of the answers Christians will give. Their god is omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient. They consider it outside of the properties of life itself and controlling of all existence. There's no way they can answer it as you've asked really without making things up.

9. Ŧiмє Яǽрεѓ King's Apprentice

Mankind assumes that every action must be caused by something, because that is how we understand the world works. But it has been proven that all the laws of physics break down at a singularity (i.e. Big Bang) so this may not be the case. Because the laws of physics are completely different at a singularity, it makes it possible for there to be a universe with nothing to create it.

10. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

Basically what Pika and Rep said, the question is really unfair since the answer that Christians would give, you aren't allowing them to give. That is the power of faith and belief, logic and scientific proof won't always come into it.

It is kind of like saying to someone who doesn't believe, "Prove to me that God doesn't exist, but I don't want any of that science or eveolution or power of the human mind bullshit" it all comes down to belief.

It makes no sense for God to have always been there, everything has a start and everything has an end, even circles have to be created.

I guess the answer really is that nobody knows what created God or how he came to be there, He just is. I'm not religious so I can only go on how I would think if I was, but that is how I see it.

11. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

Yes, Aslan was the representation of Jesus. I see this as a clearly stated fact because in "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe", Aslan is the perfect sacrifice, just as Jesus was in reality.

Anyway, back to the question. I don't think it's bs to give the answer that God is always there, and omni-everything. That's what I believe, and so that's the answer I'm going to give, even if it is against what you said. Nobody ever said that God is logical.

12. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

He's so badass that he created Himself.

I'm sorry, I just had to.

Leave it to your imagination. Frankly, I don't care. You may think that ignorant, but it's the truth. I really don't care.

13. Ŧiмє Яǽрεѓ King's Apprentice

Best answer yet. At the end of the day, does it matter? So long as you're a decent person, no, it doesn't.

14. DemyxPlaysMySitar Twilight Town Denizen

^^ This.

But I don't believe in one myself, with the classic "If there was one, there would be no war and no fighting, no blood would be shed for stupid and illogical reasons."

15. Xyam> Destiny Islands Resident

thats exactlly what i've been asking....if god created everything, then who or what created god?

16. P Banned

The idea is that god is an eternal, omnipresent force, meaning he was around for an infinite amount of time before he made the universe.

Just as a point of note, the matter and anti-matter that caused the Big Bang also had to have a point of origin, so it is illogical to reject Christianity on the basis that they have nothing that created their proposed source of life.

17. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

Since there has been society there have been laws and an order to things, this goes back even way into prehistory before the introduction of the gods we know and worship today. For sure there is evidence of the worship and belief of other gods, but not in a they-dictated-how-life-was kind of way. It was more as an explanation of nature and the things that we as humans couldn't understand at that time.

Law and order has been in existence far longer than the gods recognised today.

Just you know, throwing that out there.

18. krayzie Lionhart

man its weird cuz if something created everything then what created that something?
    its all unknown

19. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

For sure, even the ideas about God and religion come down to different beliefs :b when it comes to the human mind there is no definite certainty.

Thanks xD

20. Ŧiмє Яǽрεѓ King's Apprentice

Well, I know I've said a lot before about I how absolutely don't believe in God. Well, let me rephrase that. I don't believe in a Concious, Intelligent, Creator God who is all-knowing, all powerful, all-good, answers all your prayers, sets down rules for us to follow God.

The God I believe in is nature. More specifically, energy. Kinda like a 'flow of life' sort of thing like in Buddhism. The term used to describe this belief is 'Pantheist', though I am also an atheist as I don't believe in a God per-say. So I guess I'm a very spiritual and religious atheist, haha.

Just felt like mentioning that. I stand by my earlier points about the origin of the universe, made both in this thread and the 'How is this Holy again' thread.