Kingdom Hearts What about Sora's Heartless?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by cornholio5266, Jun 17, 2012.

1. cornholio5266 Moogle Assistant

This probably sounds like the dumbest thing ever, but whatever happened to Sora's heartless? Did it change back to Sora, or is there something Square Enix and Disney aren't telling us? I mean, Ansem's heartless existed while Ansem still did, so what about Sora? Do you think it will be a boss in an upcoming Kingdom Hearts, or maybe the KHDDD Final Mix (Granted if there is one)?

2. Amaury Legendary Hero

He turned back into Sora from Kairi hugging him in Hollow Bastion in Kingdom Hearts. However, a Nobody, Roxas, was created.

3. Misty gimme kiss

_MOVED
    To the Kingdom Hearts section.

But yes, Amaury is right; you control Sora's Heartless after he stabs himself; that's how you eventually reunite with Kairi, Donald, and Goofy.

4. cornholio5266 Moogle Assistant

That's not what I meant. But anyway, I was *and still am* half asleep when I posted this, so I wasn't thinking straight.

5. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Do you mean that dark sora that actually looks like Sora???

6. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

If you mean Dark Sora, he was killed. He didn't really have a connection to Sora; Riku just made him in Sora's image to psyche him out.

If you mean the Shadow that Sora turned into when he unlocked his heart, Kairi managed to reverse that transformation, at least in part. The Shadow was Sora's heart, and Kairi returned his form to him. We're not likely to see it again.

If you mean Anti Sora, that is somewhat unclear. It is evident that Sora is steeped in darkness (The brighter the light, the greater the shadow), even if his heart is not particularly dark. Darkside was made out to be sort of like his personal Heartless, his nemesis, in the first game, hence the name. Perhaps Anti Sora is another manifestation of that. Or perhaps, after Sora unlocked his heart, he allowed a lot more darkness inside. The bottom line is that it was a game gimmick for KHII, and I'd say it's more likely than not it won't return for any later installments.

7. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Sora%27s_Heartless

This explains the Anti-form a bit. Also you forgot about data Sora-Heartless.​

8. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Well, it doesn't exactly say anything I didn't. It only confirms that there's a connection, doesn't explain how it works. I'm still skeptical about Anti Form showing up again, although Sora might have some other dark power(s) to tap into.

I didn't forget about it; I never knew about it. I haven't played Coded or Re:Coded. But it seems that plot arc was neatly resolved in the single installment where it's relevant.

9. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Yeah, people tend to make that one out to be more than it was.

In KH1 Awakening Darkside is shown in a sort of "If you not careful this is what you could become" worst case scenario deal. But it was just an illusion and thus didn't have any real grasp on anything (and the other two Darksides are evidently pansies by comparison no matter what the gameplay suggests) then in RE:Coded where everything is data, it is just as real as everything else. Therefore it becomes super badass, breaks out into the rest of the data, and eats data to become more badass still. This is all revealed at the time of his fight though, so aside from a few questions earlier in the game about where the bugs are coming from this final boss really comes out of nowhere

As for the question on hand. A heartless is the embodiment of the darkness in a persons heart, and the light is trapped within that. When Kairi went to protect the shadow of Sora, her magic as a princess turned his heart back to how it should be and made him a new body (and evidently at least some scaps of a sould to prevent Sora from dying on the spot). Roxas holds Sora's original body and soul, so once they come together again in KH2 Sora is finally back to his old self. The difference isn't that noticeable, but it is a more stable existence.

10. Cloud.Strife. Traverse Town Homebody

He turned back into Sora.
    But you think Sora would turn into a more powerful heartless than a shadow.

11. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Well, I think he turns into a shadow because he has very little darkness in his heart and a heartless is the darkness in someone's heart so he'd only be a small heartless.

Did Ansem (well Xehanort) exist at the same time as his heartless? I don't think so, he turned into a heartless also creating a nobody (Xemnas) and when they are both killed then he should reform back into his original self. So Sora's heartless became Sora and that was that really, Kairi restored him.

12. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Disagree, on nearly all counts. Don't take Mickey's words for more than what they are.

"The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes."

Rather than a warning against temptation, this seems more of a cautionary saying to remind Sora that he's never as safe as he may feel when "close to the light," which we can all hopefully deconstruct into literal terms without my help. In short, it's less "If you are not careful this is what you could become" and more "Watch your back or this is what could sneak up on you." It's the difference between Sora's shadow, the darkness left in his wake, and his Shadow, or the darkness in his own heart. Darkside bears a thematic closeness to Sora, not as an element of himself but as a necessary and equal-opposite adversary to what he is. It is, quite literally, the dark side. The fact that this is poorly reflected in gameplay is a nigh-unforeseeable design flaw and should not be taken into account in this context.

As I said above, there's a difference between the darkness within and without. The Heartless is empowered only by the darkness intrinsic in the person of whom it is borne. Sora has almost nothing from which to draw, so his Heartless is weak. The darkness surrounding him is what is strong, not the darkness inside of him.

13. sora the explorer Destiny Islands Resident

why does sora turn into a shadow instead of something really cool and awsome like an invisible(btw those things are scary as crap)

14. Mixt The dude that does the thing

As explained in this thread a heartless power is not dependent on the strength of the heart that made it, but instead by the amount of darkness that heart contained. Since Sora's heart has very little darkness you get a shadow, the lowest class of heartless.

15. sora the explorer Destiny Islands Resident

oh that explains alot

16. NightCrisis Twilight Town Denizen

His Heartless turned back into Sora--just like Sandy Claws said. Kairi wished for Sora to turn back into normal.

17. Mixt The dude that does the thing

That's not entirely right. Close enough for most players, but if Kairi was abale to make Sora completely whole like that, then Roxas either would not exist (as he would have been pulled back to Sora) or he would have been unable to come back to Sora in KH2 (as he would be giving back something that was already replaced). So either Sora was not complete before, or he now holds a duplication of his own body and soul.

18. NightCrisis Twilight Town Denizen

May I ask--how exactly could Sora's Heartless reunite with Kairi, Donald, and Goofy? Sorry that this is off topic, but...

19. muff monkey Twilight Town Denizen

Since Sora hardly had any sort of darkness in heart, his heartless was weak. He retained who he was, and was able to follow Kairi, Goofy, and Donald and try to protect them, although he was protected in the end by Kairi.

20. Misty gimme kiss

This basically.

Kairi pulled Sora out of the darkness with her light, basically. That's how he was able to return.