Site News Welcome to KH-Vids 6.0!

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Misty, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Misty gimme kiss

Hey everyone! The KH-Vids staff has an exciting announcement for you all. As you can see, KH-Vids has changed a little bit since you last saw it. That's because we have just moved over from vBulletin to a new forum software, Xenforo.

What does this mean? It means a snazzier and more secure forum for you guys!
    Xenforo is:
    - New: Unlike vB, it does not use code from several versions back as a basis.
    - Secure: Common exploits that plague vBulletin are a nonissue on Xenforo.
    - Flexible: A thriving mod community and consistent work from the Xenforo team has made Xenforo a great platform for smooth and complex forums.

So what do I have to do? Nothing -- you do not have to re-register and you did not lose any posts, unlike the move from phpBB to vBulletin. Accounts and posts have been transferred over for you.

What WAS lost in the move? There are several minor modifications without equivalents that we lose on Xenforo, but the staff made sure to check for equivalents on anything important before considering this step.

So what do I do for now? As you can see, the transfer caused as bit of downtime. There are likely still a few minor things to work out as we get used to Xenforo. The staff asks for your patience and understanding while we set the new board up. Not everything is up just yet--we thought it better to allow members back into the site while we work, so you can all familiarize yourselves with the new software.

I'm really confused about new features, why the staff made this move, etc. That's what our staff is here for! The Administrators may be a little busy right now (understandably so!), but the rest of our staff is here and ready to answer your questions and extend whatever help they can. Feel free to post.

We apologize for the wait, but we're excited to take this new step for the KH-Vids.net community with you all! Enjoy the new forum!

-- The KH-Vids.net Staff

2. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Also note some of our content are currently unavailable, such as the Audio Archive. These will be restored shortly.

But yes, welcome to Xenforo everyone.

3. Plums Wakanda Forever

Excited to be here guys!

Forum looks super snazzy. Ready to be back and action, and offer any and all help if anyone needs a hand. c:

4. Hiro ✩ Guardian

What happened to our groups? are they still there?

5. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

We have the data, but they're currently stored away until we get a similar social group function.

6. Krowley Moderator

Much appreciation for the work put into the site.
    I'll get used to the formatting soon enough. Just need to clean up all my messed up code.

7. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Ok, I'm glad.
    I'd be so mad if the RP groups my friends and I use were gone 5eva.

8. CrownMoksha Decimo

What exactly are Trophy points?

9. Misty gimme kiss

We'll be expanding more on those later on, but basically, you can accumulate trophies by posting, getting your posts liked, etc. We haven't quite set up that feature yet but it's in the works!

10. CrownMoksha Decimo

Ah, well I look forward to their development.

11. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Im missing around 60 friends. And they aren't even friends, just people following me or ppl I'm following!
    I dun like this...

12. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

What was the reason for the change, anyway? As far as I can tell, the site was fine last week.

13. muff monkey Twilight Town Denizen

Obviously this won't be on the top of list for things to do, but I am just wondering if there is a way to make the forum skinny, or if it could be added in eventually.

This will take some getting used to! x_x

14. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

Please refer to this link

15. Plums Wakanda Forever

The friends fucntion of vBulletin has changed to "Followers" on XenForo. It'll take a bit of time to adjust, just hang in there. c:

Explained here.

16. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

As soon as humanly possible, I hope to get started on a glossary of new terms vs old terms. There's been a few terminology changes, and I want to make sure everyone's on the same page.

17. jafar custom title

Wow. This is a pretty huge change. This isn't going to be easy to get used to. A lot of the features are somewhat confusing and so on. Will there be a list of changes, missing, and new features for simplicity's sake? Especially if there are features I can't find, since it's all kinda overwhelming right now.

18. Hiro ✩ Guardian

But how did it decide who I followed or who followed me?

It's trying to tell me how to live my life >>

19. Misty gimme kiss

Currently there's no way (I would have to make a fluid style), though I may eventually. If you're really impatient and you use the add-on Stylish, you could always:
    Code:
    @namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("kh-vids.net") {
    .pageWidth { width: 900px !important; }
    }

Use that.
    I've only tested it in Firefox as of now (tossed it together real quick). Obviously you can change 900px to whatever you'd like.

20. Sora's Apprentice Merlin's Housekeeper

KHV went all FACEBOOK! one cool but 2. hard to follow LOL