Traditional Art Weekend project...

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Chie Satonaka, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Chie Satonaka Twilight Town Denizen

So here's a sketch that I drew.

[​IMG]

She's the main character from a japanese dating sim game for girls. Here's what Nanami Haruka looks like. http://utapri.tv/character/ (She's the first character)
    I did a pencil sketch in a more realistic style (first-time, I'm serious!!) then I scanned it and coloured it in using GIMP.

Please tell me your thoughts~!

Attached Files:

2. Peyton Goddess Of Love ♥

I really love how it looks so natural and there's presence in the piece. Good job on the proportions on the proportions from the neck down, it's very nicely done. However her face proportions are a bit off; Notice how one of the eyes are closer to the nose than the other? it throws off the balance in her face, and makes it seem like her features aren't placed correctly, when in reality it's just one of the eyes that aren't.

Also, the black lineart in the eyes is stronger in the left eye than the right, so it makes the eyes look different, but you've actually done a really good job on making them similar. Also the white highlights in the hair, and the yellow lines on her jacket is quite strong in colour so they stand out, making them a bit less strong would blend better with the piece.

You've done a really good job with making her alike the character from the dating game, well done! The way you've filled in the hair with details is also very nice, it makes the hair look very alive. Overall I think this is a very special and pretty piece, kudos to you!

3. Chie Satonaka Twilight Town Denizen

Thanks so much for the feedback! I'm gonna try even harder to work on my balance.

4. Te Deum Hollow Bastion Committee

Really the only thing I noticed that was a bit off.

Perfect, otherwise! Truly great work.

Please keep drawing~