Site News Website Downsize

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Explode, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Explode Who?!

Hey everyone,

You may have noticed we had some downtime over the weekend. As it turns out there is an unexpected restriction on the size of our database which wasn’t made clear when switching to our new host, and so we had to scale back a bit. The good news is the recent database errors should stop, but unfortunately we had to disable the site’s search function, and delete a large portion of posts from 2009 and earlier (Role-Playing Arena posts have not been touched).

We have backups of all posts, so no data was actually lost, and specific threads can be restored upon request. Furthermore, your post count has not been affected. Over the next few weeks we’ll be assessing whether we want to stay on this host, or if there’s an affordable alternative we can move to.

Apologies for the inconvenience, we’ll keep you updated.

2. Mish smiley day!

But pre-2009 posts are the only ones I care about :c

3. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

There goes my early years of misspelling 'the' as 'teh' all the time.

4. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

Well, I should learn to read. I lamented the loss of all the earliest fanfics I wrote under the account "BaseSebastian" when I first joined way back when. I should probably discuss accessing those stories so I can copy and paste into personal docs for safe keeping and sentimentality.

5. Explode Who?!

So these would be in the Writer's Nook, and you want them restored? Can you remember (at least approximately) what the threads were called?

6. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

This is doubly embarrassing, but I did some digging since the other day and all my old writing is preserved in Google Docs and I just forgot. My apologies.