Traditional Art "We make war that we may live in peace."

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Korra, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

For whatever reason I've been drawing more things that have weapons. Oh well, I like guns. :c
    All of these are traditionally drawn first, then transferred to digital.
    So yeah, cnc and whatnot.

First thing is this. I personally like how it came out, considering I'm not great at drawing people, but yeah. Also that ****ing motorcycle.
    More details and such (including the song it's based on) can be found by clicking on it.
    [devart=DPWolf]197095412[/devart]

And without most of the text.
    [​IMG]

What I'm currently working on:
    Portrait-equse shot of my Mandalorian character
    [​IMG]

Command Wolf (will eventually have a Blade Liger in there somewhere)
    [​IMG]

2. Haseo Knight of Light

It may just be me, but the rangefinder seems to be out of perspective from the rest of her helmet.

3. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

I like the first thing (both versions), nothing wrong with it from what I can see.

The mando is coming along nicely, I don't know much about the scale of stuff for it though so I can't really say if it's the correct shape/scale till a few main body lines are done. I've never been able to draw the rangefinder right so I can't tell if it's too big myself, but you should be able to check up on that.

I like it so far, DO MORE NOW.

4. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Yeah, looking at it now I think I may have drawn one of the lines wrong. After I color it I'll look again and see if it's still off, might just be because there's no shading or definition on the rangefinder's stalk. xD
    But thanks. :]

Thank you. :3

Yeaaaah...clothing's a ***** to lineart for me, still hoping to get a tablet one of these days. >>
    GOD DAMN FAYT I CAN'T DO BOTH THIS AND MY GAME AT THE SAME TIME </3

5. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Bumping to add more stuff & update on progress. Command wolf is about halfway done line-wise, Mando's on hold.

Recently finished:
    [​IMG]
    Made as part of DannyxSam month on dA, for the theme of "Love is in the Air".
    derp

Currently working on:
    [​IMG]

I've been wanting to finish this one for MONTHS now, and I think I finally have time to start on the lineart. Older Red XIII and one of his cubs, though I think I was going to add another in there somewhere. xD

Also working on digitalizing this, both lineart and 3D model.
    [​IMG]

6. What? 『 music is freedom 』

I must say, the above Danny Phantom art of your doing is absolutely wonderful in execution - the strokes and general aesthetic are lovely in how they emulate those of the program, as if they are indeed the real thing. Now I am simply wondering what Final Fantasy VII in the artistic style of Danny Phantom would be visually akin to.

The extensive wisps and tendrils of Red XIII's fur are quite masterfully conducted indeed, and the cub itself looks quite cute. I suppose the only odd factor I may be able to note is the major hind leg of the cub appears a tad odd - I suppose it is simply the positioning of the extended leg itself, but the anatomy of both creatures in general is quite excellent indeed and I most certainly cannot wait to view this lovely image in colour. Upon the topic of anatomy, such skill is most certainly more significant with the idea of the biomechanical wolf which in itself would be quite interesting to find - the pose on the left is especially quite intriguing. Perhaps this shall be concept art for the army you shall use to rule a monarchy based around Final Fantasy.

In general, however, everything has been absolutely lovely - most especially the clean lines of the Danny Phantom fan piece - bravo madam, bravo indeed.

7. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Thank you, I really put a lot of time into that one because it was a tribute to both one of my long-time friends and the series itself.
    ...I may consider doing that when I have time, I would definitely enjoy drawing that. xD

I'll be honest, I had no idea what Red's species' anatomy is like. >> Now that I look at it the leg does look a little awkward, so I'll probably fix that when I do that lineart.
    Who told you my plans?
    It's actually the concept for one of the characters in my game for Capstone, hopefully that'll be done over my spring break. I'll post the final images then.

Thanks again dude. :3

8. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

The Danny Phantom/FFVII piece is very like the shows art and colouring. It's well done and pretty funny.

I like your Red XIII work in progress. I can see where you are heading with it. I enjoy seeing more of it and what you choose for a background. I also wonder how you will colour it to emulate fur (since I have no idea how to do that stuff). So far the scale and shape of the Reds is spot on.

That last piece is awesome. I can see your inspirations but none of them over take one another and it remains original. I also love the colour scheme and design.

9. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

lol still updating this thread.
    Just something I did for Star Wars day yesterday.
    With text
    [​IMG]

Without text
    [​IMG]

Did it pretty fast so there's probably some errors.
    Edit: Like that white around it, oh well. >>

10. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

When I saw it on tumblr I'm sure it had a white background so I didn't notice the lines. But other than that it's pretty good. The head is perfect, but the torso seems to be more square than it should be, unless that's the armour. I've just realised I've never seen a Mando at that angle other than one moving, so I could be wrong (considering the best thing for me to base it off was a front view) xD

11. Yozora Archer

You should draw an irl person for me.