SotW Voting [voting] Signature of the Week #56 - Typography

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Misty, Jun 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Misty gimme kiss

S i g n a t u r e | o f | t h e | W e e k
    no. 56
    [voting thread; voting will be closed june 27, 2010]
    TYPOGRAPHYThis week's theme is typography. Typography is the art and technique of arranging type, type design, and modifying type glyphs. Your signature must prominently feature elements of typography -- this does not simply mean that your signature has text on it ; TYPOGRAPHY MUST BE YOUR FOCAL POINT.
    Standard voting rules apply.

E n t r i e s
    VALIUM
    [​IMG]

JADE
    [​IMG]

CHEVALIER
    [​IMG]

MISTY
    [​IMG]

DPWOLF
    [​IMG]

NO-REALITY_ALLOWED
    [​IMG]

2. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

DPWolf - Really nice effect. Very sci-fi posterish IMO.

Valium - Reminds me of something but I can't put my finger on it. It has nice flow.

NRA - Reminds me of a TV shows opening credits in a way.

3. Valium Hollow Bastion Committee

Misty- I love the colours washout feel to this.

DPWolf- Love the effects going on here

NRA- I like the concept here but they way you've turned a wallpaper into a tag hasn't really gone well IMO.

4. Bareri-San 私はポテトだ。

Chevalier- I love the colours and the layout of the text. It's brilliant.
    Misty- Like a lot of your work. Simple yet gorgeous.
    DP Wolf- I really like this one, although I can't quite put my finger on what it is I like. It's a nice tag in general anyway.
    It has fire in it, therefore immediately making it awesome. :lolface:

5. Jade Traverse Town Homebody

Misty- the small light source and back lighting really pulled this together for me. I love the overall vintage feel of it. First vote. :D

NRA- I love depth and simplicity of it. There could be a bit more variation in colour maybe, but that's just my tastes. (when it comes down to it we're all just subjective betches)

Valium- I really love the textural feel over it all. The colours aren't that bad either. The text itself has some direction, and it looks like there's movement to the whole thing which is a plus in my book. I just wish there was some more going on around it as it feels incomplete to me. Again that's just for me... Like I said before when it comes down to it we're all just subjective. :)

6. Chevalier Crystal Princess

A person voted for me. Thank you Bareri-San. I thought I'd be getting more votes, considering I worked quite a bit on it, guess it's not paying off xD

Jade- The use of typography in this one has a feeling of innocence. It's really sweet, and nicely put. It's different.

Misty- Simple, yet effective, the wall texture is real nice, too.

NRA-This is really good, and it is pure typography. It didn't make a great transition, but it's good nonetheless.

7. T3F Chaser

I cant believe I wasn't on khv while these entry threads were going. just goes to show how much you miss somethimes...anywho:

1.NRA-beautiful concept, and you really mad the text theme work, great job!
    2. Valium-kinda querky, i likes it. again,the text looks good.
    3. Jade- GUILTY of making everything in that sig out of letters, very creative. good job!

8. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

I apologize, I assumed Misty was going to wrap this up. Serves me right for not asking her beforehand. Anyway, congratulations to Misty with her winning entry, and no-reality_allowed for coming in a close second!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.