Very Interesting Experiment to See if Time Slows Down

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Advent, Mar 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

2. Spitfire I'm a little high, and a little drunk.

The concept is being misguided here. Time will not ever slow down for anyone, this is a constant in the universe and has been proven. But this experiment wasn't about weather time slows down, its how you fast time moves to yourself when this situation is presented to you. There is a big big difference between these two ideas. While this is a cool idea here on seeing how time is altered in the human mind, but as for slowing down time itself I find that to be impossible.

3. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

Yea I know, it's more about your perception than time as a physical constant, but it was interesting.

4. Dredica SNES was the best.

Could it be possible to master how fast time goes in your mind? That would be awesome.

5. JorrellVsRoxas Traverse Town Homebody

If you studied up on Einstein's theory then you would know time travel (to the future) is possible
    the thing is... we need to be able to travel at the speed of light... which is hard xD (not impossible)

6. Repliku Chaser

That was interesting but it isn't suggesting 'time' moves more slowly. It shows that the brain can take in information faster in a perilous situation than it can regularly. Our senses are just more keen and the brain kicks up adrenaline. So, time 'slowing' down doesn't seem as accurate as the brain neurological senses go more rapid in times of duress. In the end it is a change in perception of a being, not motion itself.

7. Spitfire I'm a little high, and a little drunk.

WTF...even to approach the speed of light would put such a large stress on our bodies we would not be able to endure it, we gain an infinite mass, very little SA/V and time is differentiable. I find that very impossible because if we can't live through the effects of it, it can basically be considered impossible. Or so I was taught.

8. JorrellVsRoxas Traverse Town Homebody

Never say never ... Science is innovating our lives every year.

They even invented this HUGE machine, that creates a light which resembles a lightsaber (light waves moving faster than the speed of light but in a controlled state)

9. Spitfire I'm a little high, and a little drunk.

But the thing is light moving and humans moving are two totally different things. Light can not be killed, considering it is an energy and energy can not be created or destroyed. But to have an infinite mass in an infinitely small place, thats reason to suspect I don't think humans can with stand that.

Not to mention that scientist have been able to control the speed of light by shooting it though different objects, I think the slowest they have gotten it down to is about 38 mph

10. JorrellVsRoxas Traverse Town Homebody

would it be possible to make any other object move through time?
    And if so, can we fit an organism INTO the object and move the object through time with no harm to the organism?

I've heard of scientist being able to make small object travel almost as fast , or as fast as the speed of light... but its only a rumor, and it might not be true

EDIT: though energy cant be created or destroyed, energy however can be converted ^ ^

11. Spitfire I'm a little high, and a little drunk.

Doesn't matter, the effects will occur no matter what because the of the extreme force.

Thats a rumor, when it comes to particles I am sure that is possible. But if you are talking small like a BB, then no because a BB launched at the speed of light once it were to hit something would have an energy displacement similar to that of a nuclear explosion.

It can be converted, but not to a usable human form, just short of our body making ATP

12. JorrellVsRoxas Traverse Town Homebody

Very true, but i was looking stuff up on google, and this sheit is confusing but i think i kinda under stand it...

Humans cannot travel at the speed of light but I think i was bringing the conversation to a diffrent path I wanted it to go.
    Let me try to get it back.

Worm holes, also in Einsteins theory. A wormhole is a hypothetical topological feature of spacetime that is basically a 'shortcut' through space and time (Wiki)

13. Spitfire I'm a little high, and a little drunk.

They are a pinch so to speak in the fabric of space/time but it is impossible to calculate on when they will pop up, where they will come out, or how it happens. So really, they are very so to speak unstable to think of use.

14. JorrellVsRoxas Traverse Town Homebody

Eh but they do exist...

Well we wont be able to time travel anytime soon T_T...

Spitfire thanks for the great conversation! +REP!!!!
    (the best conversation i had this month!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.