UPDATE: FATHER RETRACTS STATEMENT Utada Hikaru Officially Writing Theme Song for Kingdom Hearts III!

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by . : tale_wind, Dec 22, 2016.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

UPDATED: For the second time, over the past few years, her father has retracted his statement:

utada smaller.jpg

Since Kingdom Hearts II, fans have been wondering if Utada Hikaru would return to write another song for Kingdom Hearts III. It's certainly been a winding road to get here--Utada herself at one point said she wouldn't due to issues with Disney over payment, then her father at another point Tweeted that she would, then immediately recanted. Now, with Utada fresh off her five-year hiatus from music, we have official confirmation that she is indeed writing a brand-new song for Kingdom Hearts III!

The confirmation comes from her father's Twitter, and this time, it seems to be for real. "Actually we have already started," he says in the Tweet. "Sorry for keeping you waiting."

While we wait to hear the new song, we'll still have the Simple and Clean (Ray of Hope) Mix EP releasing on iTunes on January 11 to tide us over. The EP is available for pre-order now.

SOURCE

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2016
Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by . : tale_wind, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      About freakin' time! I'm glad that KH3 will avoid the reuse of an older song. I felt Hikari/Simple & Clean has been b*****dized over the years with its endless reuse, and I hope 0.2 BBS will be the last time it's used. While reused as well, Passion/Sanctuary wasn't reused as much, and thankfully, still has that "new car smell" feel to it whenever I listen to it even after 11 years of its release. I hope the same happens with the new KH3 theme, and it doesn't suffer the same fate as Hikari/Simple & Clean.
    2. AlexleHoshi
      AlexleHoshi
      I can't wait to hear the next song! I'm sure it'll sound awesome!
    3. Krowley
      Krowley
      Oh happy day! I love Simple and Clean, but I really was looking forward to a new song. Glad Utada will still be singing it!
    4. 61
      if the english title doesnt start with "S" i will be upset
    5. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      Wonder what it'll be this time. There was big different between Simple & Clean and Sanctuary, so I wonder if it'll be a big change like that

Well, If we do, I'm making a Kim Possible reference ASAP
    6. Day~Dream
      Day~Dream
      I'm beyond excited. I also wonder what the song will be like since Simple & Clean and Passion are quite different. It's anyone's guess since KH 3 will be an action packed conclusion to the Xehanort saga, yet her latest work is quite mellow compared to her past releases.
    7. Yozora
      Yozora
      **** YEAH, NO MORE REMIXES OF PAST SONGS.

But still, it bothers me that Disney isn't paying her enough for her talent.

They love to take advantage of foreign artistic talents.
    8. KeybearerofSea
      KeybearerofSea
      YEAH!! Saw this news on Facebook today, VERY HYPED!! :D
    9. Plums
      Plums
      I'm not super surprised given how she shared the trailer & Nomura made her album art, but it's really awesome to see this confirmed, and I can't wait to hear the opening when it's time to boot up the game.
    10. DigitalAtlas
      DigitalAtlas
      [​IMG]

(Good job on this Kar holy crap)
    11. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee

I don't know what is going on here, but this being the second time he's retracted Utada's involvement with KH3, I really think he should just stop tweeting confirmations and giving us false hope. I'll only trust official confirmations regarding Utada's involvement from now on.
    12. . : tale_wind
      . : tale_wind
      C'MON, TERUZANE
    13. Zgermanguy
      Zgermanguy
      whatever it is it needs to be uplifting all the way through
    14. Day~Dream
      Day~Dream
      ._.
      ... Again? He must really love getting our hopes up. I hope they make it official. W/ her comeback fresh out the oven you'd think this would be a no brainer. (great way to promote the comeback not only in Japan but in the US as well)
    15. Fearless
      Fearless
      I'm willing to bet money they ARE working on a song, but they're not allowed to say so officially yet.