Two Injured from Gunshots in Florida State University Shooting

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Amaury, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

@Cat~, @Roxam, were you guys affected by this?

• Source: ABC News
    • Published: November 19, 2014 (PST) / November 20, 2014 (EST)

Well, that's quite a wake-up call, but honestly, I am getting tired of these shootings. People need to get over themselves and stop thinking that they have the right to kill people just because their girlfriend or boyfriend broke up with them, just because they have a grudge against the university, just because, etc. It's getting old.

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I hate that my reaction to these has become "Oh, another school shooting. Anyway..." If that doesn't tell you how much of a problem we have with these in the US, I don't know what will.

It baffles me how, in light of all the school shootings that have happened recently, people want to keep the gun laws we currently have. Yes, we have a constitutional right to bear arms, but we also have a right to life and safety.

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I skipped over this thread because of that exact mindset a few times. Every day there's another shooting, for one reason or another, and it's just someone throwing a giant tantrum hoping for attention

4. Amaury Legendary Hero

Shooter has been confirmed as Myron May, an alumnus and attorney, who also graduated from Texas Tech University's law school.

See the video here.

5. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

So one of the victims turned out to be related to a friend of my mom, and he's currently in critical condition. No words can describe my anger at what happened, and how much I'm sick of such things being considered normal.

6. Amaury Legendary Hero

Wish him a speedy recovery!