TAotM Entry Traditional art of the Month #4- Dreams

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ienzo, Jun 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

[​IMG]
    no. 4
    [entry thread; entries due August 5th, 2012]
    DREAMS

(Later closing date because I'll be on holiday in one month :D)

This was suggested by the wonderous Midnight Star! So basically you can interpret this however you want, you could do anything from an aspiration you have to an actual dream you have had one night- be it a nightmare or something completely ridiculous. Get creative!

~Animations ARE allowed

Happy drawing!

2. phoenixkh93 Gummi Ship Junkie

Hm first entry, I'm early this time!
    I have to say I'm kinda proud of this one. Now I'm off school I have the free time to put a lot more work into my entries. This is the first project of mine done completely digitally from the start. I used Pixlr and a mouse to paint it with. Drawing hair with a mouse is not fun o.O

[​IMG]

This is Mal from Inception. I thought she fit the theme really well, a dream within a dream. She is the projection of the main characters subconscious in the film, and being no longer alive as his wife in the real world, lives and breathes elusively and exclusively in his dreams.

3. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I think I'll enter this one, I haven't had much chance to draw in the last year but I thoroughly enjoyed making this so I may do more in the future. :)

[​IMG]

As you may know, I am a huge Doctor Who fan and so have the Doctor falling through space. When I am in a bad mood or upset it comforts me to think of the Doctor Who universe actually existing as it's a place to escape to in my head and makes me happy. I also had a dream a couple of weeks ago about falling through space and that is what inspired me to draw the Doctor falling through it.

Drawn by hand, scanned in, drawn over using photoshop and then coloured and shaded using PS. The background is mostly gradients, brushes, smudgings and a few fractals- feel free to ignore it in your judging if you only want to look at the completely traditional side of the piece.

4. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.