TAotM Entry Traditional art of the Month #2- Love

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ienzo, Feb 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

[​IMG]
    no. 2
    [entry thread; entries due April 6th, 2012]
    LOVE

Suggested by the lovely Midnight Star!This topic is subjective meaning you can interpret it how you want however, you must also give a reason for your piece and how it relates to the theme of 'love'. For example, it could be something you love or it could signify the concept of love.

~Animations ARE allowed

Happy drawing!

2. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

This is actually a test image for another project, I just decided to use the love theme since it'd let me double it as an entry in this. I pretty much stayed in the center of the box here because I'm no fan of abstractions. I feel like the scratchy edges just don't work outside of pencil drawings so I should try for cleaner edges in the future but that's unrelated...

[​IMG]

Two characters no one here is familiar with. You can call them Mohs(guy) and GM(girl). This is basically how I picture the scene where they first kind of get it together, stop fighting and start admitting they like each other... in an overdramatic way, I guess. It's sorta melancholic because people have pasts(sad pasts(it's good storytelling(sometimes(not this time)))) and all that nonsensical stuff, but it's the image where the otp of the series they're from is born so I figured that it'd work for the love theme.

If you need more detail on the explanation I'll update if asked.

I'll probably update the image slightly before the deadline but I want to have this here in case nothing gets done.

3. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

Phew! Finished this today ; u ; I decided to actually try and come up with something especially for TAoTM instead of pulling out an old piece since this whole thing after all was such a great way to create new drawings and such c:

[​IMG]

So like I think the term love is so subjective and so general and so powerful that it confuses me and honestly, in a word or single term I don't know what love is so this popped into my head. Love is subjective and our perspective for love changes often so I decided to try and express not one variation or point of view of love but quite a number instead. Definitely not all perspectives, that would be almost impossible but just some.

I also wanted to try water colour paints really badly because I am in love with the texture and everything water colour. I was really scared cause paints were the only medium I could never find satisfaction in so giving this a go was so terrifying and I only have 24 colours but I think this turned out quite well... I hope x:

4. Yozora Archer

5. phoenixkh93 Gummi Ship Junkie

My OTP for Dissidia :)

http://phoenixkh93.deviantart.com/#/d4v63yz

Description: Just before the final battle in one of the countless cycles of war, The Warrior of Light and Cosmos share a final goodbye. They don't know if they will ever see each other again or if, when they do, they will even remember each other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.