Top Hard Bosses in the Kingdom Hearts Series

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Amaury, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

Based on this video I found:

It can be bosses from any game. Discuss.

2. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Nice list. Glad to see Seph and Unknown on there. I haven't fought the rest so I can't really comment on them, but the first two gave me hell. Sephiroth's fight starts off really slow and is mostly a level check, but by the end it ramps up to just absurd levels. And Unkown would be a better fight if not for the lightning choke being so busted, but it's still intense and it gave me a run for my money.

3. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

All of the Olympus Coliseum bosses were a pain in Re:coded. And Ansem, Seeker of Darkness in Dream Drop Distance took me forever. And don't get me started on the most recent boss in Unchained χ (Mission 425).

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I always found Sephiroth and Ice Titan to be the most difficult in the whole series, since I could never beat those fights. I never tried any of the others, since I haven't had any of the final mixes, and haven't really gotten anywhere in BBS. I guess Julius might be up there, but that's only because his little bounce attack is such a pain and the HP in DDD seems lower than the rest of the series.

And I agree with Tale, the bosses in Unchained, and I'm talking about the final world bosses, are kind of ridiculous for the most part. I had to actually use my jewels to beat Cerberus

5. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Oh god, especially if one uses Riku. With Sora, as long as Superglide is equipped, it's easier to avoid it.

6. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Dragon Maleficent and Ansem-Riku were tough ones in KH1. The second battle against Larxene in both CoM & Re:CoM was a pain, but nothing compared to the first battle with Marluxia in CoM, which I remember spending almost a month trying to beat way back (wasn't much of a problem for me in Re:CoM, though the second battle with Vexen somehow felt harder in Re:CoM). In KH2, Xaldin was definitely the hardest for me. Second battle with Demyx, while not generally a difficult boss, had that damn 10 second time limit that made an easy boss suddenly very difficult. I don't remember having much trouble in Days, though there was that one mission where Roxas needed to defeat multiple Heartless bosses. The final battle in BBS against Terranort with Aqua took me a while to master. Re:coded... don't remember having much trouble with bosses, though those 2D sidescroller portions felt annoying. Dream Drop Distance, the first battle with Ansem SoD was a hard one, and for some reason, I remember having a lot of trouble during the second visit to Traverse Town with Sora battling those Nightmare bosses that Spellican sent. And most recently, Master Ava in Unchained X... still not able to beat her ;~;

Of course, this is all disregarding all the optional bosses.

7. Amaury Legendary Hero

First, before I say anything, these are obviously all your opinions, and opinions can never be wrong (or right). With that out of the way, I'll provide my views.

Dragon Maleficent, for me, honestly wasn't that hard, especially considering you could just go up to the tree branch, sit there, and let Donald and Goofy (or Beast) do all of the work on top of being able to summon Tinker Bell.

Ansem-Riku, if you're referring to the solo one, yes! Absolutely yes a thousand times! I don't seem to have that many problems with him anymore, though.

To me, everything's easier in Re:COM if you have the right deck. In my case, I was cheap and had zero cards at the beginning of my deck followed by nothing but Sonic Blade sleights and then some Cures and an Elixir. I mean, you can still die if you get unlucky, but it was only one time at most for me.

See here.

Definitely, and while he's a little easier now since I'm fully familiar with the game, he's still hard to this day. I mean, just look at how quickly he turned this around when I was pulverizing the hell out of him in my last walkthrough.

Here's a cool tip @Explode shared with me to make it easier when I was doing my Allies vs. Bosses and Mini-Bosses project for Kingdom Hearts II: While the three individual combos from Trinity Limit don't actually cause damage to enemies, there is one exception, and that is Demyx's water clones, as they can't destroy those.

The Phantom itself wasn't too hard; it was figuring out that you had to stop the clock, and once you figured that out, it was a pushover. Kurt Zisa, on the other hand, was and still is a pain!

8. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Yeah, that's the strategy that I pretty much use in replays. Still, if only 12 year old me knew that when playing the game for the first time. Ugh...

9. Amaury Legendary Hero

For me personally, Dragon Maleficent doesn't give me much trouble anymore, and I actually stopped using that method sometime after my first walkthrough of the game, but before my second walkthrough of the game.

10. Explode Who?!

I don't think I've beat Mysterious Figure without cheesing him a bit with Fire/Thunder Surges. It's a shame cause it's a really cool boss with an absolutely absurd move pool. Now that I think about it, I don't think I ever attempted Armor of Eraqus or No Heart in BBSFM. I should do that some day.

@. : tale : . @Roxam Annoyingly for Ava you kind of need specific medals. Queen Minnie is a necessity to survive (maybe other healers work, but she's the best), and Defense Boost II if you have it (again, DB1 might work too). I was lucky and happened to get a Namine, so I could copy her attack boosts. When she buffed her defense, I would wail on her with basic attacks to build my special meter back up, and maybe get in a heal. If you've got one, Alice might work well, to negate her defense buffs and whatnot, but I haven't got it.