Toddler Fatally Shoots Own Mother inside Walmart

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Amaury, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

Well, that's certainly not anything you hear of every day!

My condolences to the family, but at the same time, the mother shouldn't have had a firearm in her purse, especially with a child, who knows nothing about guns, who could easily reach it.

The investigation's ongoing!

2. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

You definitely don't hear about it every day but young kids shooting people is not unheard of. There have been several cases in the past where children, without proper knowledge of firearms who had access to firearms, have shot someone. It just goes to show that gun owners need to be more careful, especially if you have children running around the house.

I can't say I feel particularly bad as I didn't know the woman but it is a tragedy that the family is going to have to live with for the rest of their lives. Hopefully this serves as a lesson to others, keep your firearms secure.

~Nights

3. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

She was such a young mother...
    I'm not sure if all 4 of those children were hers or family members' kids, but that's still so sad that she is gone.

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

And this is why you should keep your weapon on your at all times. A child isn't going to have an easy time grabbing it from one of those holsters you buy for your pants or whatever. I'm actually even amazed that the kid could shoot the thing. I've shot a gun a few times, and they're actually a little tricky depending on the model

5. Antidote Façade

I don't think anyone is to blame here, it's just a tragic accident. A child wouldn't know what they're doing, and the woman obviously felt that she needed a gun with her for safety and protection should she or her family face any danger. It's just a shame that the safety lock wasn't on.

6. Amaury Legendary Hero

Update: As already stated in the article, the woman had a concealed weapons permit, but she was also very knowledgeable about how firearms worked. However, she left her purse unattended, which was stupid to begin with, for a moment, and well, we all know what can happen in a moment.