Thoughts: Xion data, Armored Ventus and Aqua bosses for 2.5 HD?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Sonic Toadstool, Sep 28, 2013.

?

Would you like any bonus bosses/content such as this in the 2.5 Remix?

1. Yes, the more content the better even if it's not canon.

75.0%
  2. No, KH2FM and BBSFM are fine as is, anything extra will just mess up the story continuity.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes to more content. No to Xion data, Armored Ventus, and Armored Aqua bosses.

18.8%
  4. I don't care about these HD Remixes, I just want Kingdom Hearts III already!

6.3%
  1. Sonic Toadstool Merlin's Housekeeper

Warning, this post contains spoilers of 358/2 Days and Birth by Sleep!

I was just thinking, would anyone like to see a Xion data and/or Armored Ventus and Aqua bosses added to Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix in the 2.5 HD Remix? I personally think it would be great to see Xion as a data battle since she was created from data of Sora's memories so I would assume the Organization would have data on her battle techniques as she's a copy of Sora so they needed data to create her anyway. An armored Ventus and Aqua boss I would also find interesting since we already got to fight against Terra, it would be nice to fight against the other two fallen heroes as well.

Well here's my idea for a Xion data battle: For the Xion boss I would imagine fighting against her regular form solo in the same area of Twilight Town that you fight Vexen in (and where Axel fought her) but instead of the 13th struggle, Xion's theme plays. Here Xion would perform attacks mimicking Sora with the Kingdom Key as she was created as a copy of Sora. Then you fight her in her Final form at the top of Twilight Town's Clock Tower with a cloaked Roxas with Kingdom Key (regular, not dual-wield) as your ally while a remix of Vector's to the Heavens plays. Here Xion uses all of her attacks in the 358/2 Days final boss and maybe even some new tricks, and Sora and Roxas can have a new reaction command exclusive for the 2.5 HD Remix. All in all, the Xion data boss should follow the steps of the Xemnas boss (2 phases: First phase is a solo boss, second phase you get an ally). Then as a reward for beating Xion's data Sora gains the customizable ability to permanently dual wield Oathkeeper and Oblivion like Roxas. (At this point in time, you've already beaten the game so I don't think having an OP ability would be too game breaking and I'm sure the post-credits bosses would still give you a run for your money if permanent dual-weild is programmed right.)

Now, the concept for an Armored Ventus and Aqua boss would be a little trickier. To be honest, when I made this topic, I was originally simply only thinking about Xion but Ven and Aqua kinda stumbled into my mind as well. How about after you beat Terra's Lingering Spirit you also gain his keyblade, Ends of the Earth. From there the keyblade can guide Sora to Room of Sleep in Hollow Bastion where Sora can gauge in combat with Aqua's suit of armor. The battle can take place in the Room of Sleep which transforms into a medium sized battle plate similar in size to the Vexen boss area, though this works to your disadvantage as you have less space to run away and heal in comparison to the Terra fight. Fortunately, unlike Terra who flies around and uses long ranged attacks, Aqua focuses on short range magic attacks along with few non-physical limits such as Ragnorok. Magic and Magic based limits have no effect on Aqua's Armor and instead heals her, Sora must use physical attacks and rely on items if he wants to win. If Sora tries to heal through magic, Aqua's Armor is healed instead. A remix of Aqua's theme plays in the background. Donald and Goofy will be available as allies (but Donald will be pretty useless unfortunately due to Aqua's specialty ^^; ).

After the battle Sora gains the Stormfall keyblade. Ok, this part may sound really farfetched, then Stormfall guides Sora to the Mysterious Tower where it seems that inside the tower Ventus's armor was left after Aqua rescued him. Sora see's pieces of the armor on small round plate about the size of the Organization data/Re:Com battles in between two transcending staircases of the tower. A gust of wind pushes Donald and Goofy off of the stairs. Sora is then forced to fight Ven's armor alone. If Sora has any items equipped, Ven's armor automatically steals them and is able to use them for himself throughout the battle. Ven is well rounded and uses a variety of limit attacks, magic attacks, and regular attacks. Ven is very quick and will not hesitate to chase and attack Sora. During the battle, a remix of Ventus's theme plays. After Sora defeats Ven's armor, he obtains Wayward Wind. Then when Sora defeats Terra, Aqua, and Ventus's armor and if the player has a completed save file of BBSFM, Sora obtains his own keyblade armor of silver and gold based on the Kingdom Key which takes place as a drive form without the consumption of allies. Sora can activate it for the first time in a cutscene where Terra, Ven, and Aqua's hearts say something about their suits of armor testing him to see if he has the power to save them, thus hinting towards Kingdom Hearts III.

Ok, admittedly my armored Ventus and Aqua boss idea sounds very farfetched and probably have no hope of happening, but I'd at least like to see a Xion data battle make an appearance at the very least to make up for the lack of a Xion card in Re:CoM in the 1.5 HD Remix <_<.

Now, I know people are going to criticize my suggestions due to the limitations of keeping boss battles canon. The organization may or may not have data on Xion since all memory of her disappeared when she died. And the battle against Ventus and Aqua's armor wouldn't make any sense as their minds are still intact with their bodies. So how about instead of these fights being canon battles, they just be unlock-able battles for completing other games. For example, if there is a save file of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 located on the PS3 and the gold crown is unlocked on KH2FM then the Xion data boss is unlocked. If there is a save file of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 with all three respective games completed (KHFM, ReCoM, 358/2 Days) then Dual-wield Sora is unlocked after beating Xion. If the player has unlocked the gold crown in KH2FM and has played BBSFM on the Respective disc then the Ventus and Aqua Armor bosses are unlocked. If the player has unlocked the BBSFM Secret Ending and has watched the Re:Coded Movie on the 2.5 disc then Sora's Armor becomes unlock-able after defeating Ventus and Aqua. Similar to how all of the organization members cards were unlock-able in Re:CoM after completing KH2FM, and the extra voiced KH2FM cutscenes being unlocked after completing Re:CoM.

So would you guys like to see an extra unlock-able Xion data boss and/or Armored Ventus and Aqua boss fights. Along with being able to play as a permanent dual-wielding Sora and Armored Sora. And being able to use Terra, Ventus's, and Aqua's keyblades? If not, would you like to see any other sort of unlock-able bonuses in the 2.5 HD Remix.

Edit: Another idea that just came to my mind, what if after watching the Re:Coded Movie and completing KH2FM and BBSFM 100% you can unlock a playable KH2FM Sora in BBSFM and he can use his keyblade armor in the Mirage Arena?

2. Sorentas Traverse Town Homebody

while i love your ideas this is a remaster not a remake or another final mix, not to mention people would just cry about Kingdom Hearts 3 not being released so I'm pretty sure there will hardly be any more content.

3. Sonic Toadstool Merlin's Housekeeper

Ok good point. Then what if instead these bosses were just released as DLC after the release of 2.5 HD say about a year? By then Square Enix should have a trailer for Kingdom Hearts III out and more than enough information of the game letting fans know that Kingdom Hearts III is well in production?

4. Sorentas Traverse Town Homebody

maybe, but i far as i can tell they are only going o make it HD and at most a new ability/game mechanic.

5. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

I'd like a Xion fight; it'd take some of the sting of not having one when 1.5 was released.

6. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

I wish this could happen, but like what Sorentas said, 2.5 REMIX is a HD remaster of KHII:FM, BbS;FM, and Re:Coded. I doubt Square will implement it. But if they don't implement this in 2.5, I hope they can do it in KHIII. DLC content where you can fight every boss battle since KHI (As DLCs of course. And different attack patterns.)

7. 61 No. B

Okay well I don't care about the remixes because I already have these games, but KH2FM is already filled to the brim with extra content. Any more would be too much. BBSFM could benefit from more content, but since you're getting KH2FM (a much bigger deal and far more worthwhile imo) with it, you're going to be busy as is.

And KH2FM is perfect as is, you don't mess with perfection.

8. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

You need to remember that these are remasters, not remakes

9. A Zebra Chaser

Are you implying remasters can't or won't add new content?

10. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I highly doubt Squeenix is going to sprain their legs over additional content in a port, especially since they're already porting several games at once and touching up the graphics and progression of each. Says my inner cynic, who I believe is currently being smothered under a pillow by my inner Xion groupie yes plEASE GOD LET THIS HAPPEN.

It'd be a cool concept for a fight, kind of like Shadow Sora in KH1 only with way more moves at her disposal, like Ragnarok or Strike Raid. Question is, would she have her armor or no? I'm leaning no but maybe she could equip it towards the end of the fight, or use it for a limited time as a power boost.

11. Trizzle13 Twilight Town Denizen

Not unless Square is willing to put there projects on hold just to add such an unnecessary feature. This wont be happing.

12. A Zebra Chaser

They wouldn't need to put other projects on hold though. I mean, maybe other HD remakes. But it takes a very small staff to handle a game that's ALREADY FINISHED

13. Trizzle13 Twilight Town Denizen

Well who is to say how long it will take to implant something like this in 2.5. I cant even see how they would fit that in. I mean a Xion data battle in kh2fm. I think it would throw ppl off. Either way, its completely unnecessary. It was hard enough beating the crap outta Larxene without feeling guilty, as well as Marluxia.

14. A Zebra Chaser

Well, the models already exist. They have attack patterns to draw on. The game engine is already made. It wouldn't take much.
    And completely unnecessary? This whole HD remake is unnecessary. Improving textures is unnecessary, improving the models in unnecessary, adding Final Mix is unnecessary.
    It's just nice.
    And why would you feel guilty about beating up characters like Larxene and Marluxia in the first place?

15. Trizzle13 Twilight Town Denizen

How is this GAME unnecessary??? Its an HD remake of two games that didnt even get released out of Japan. Not only that but now newcomers can experience it for the first time before the release of KH3.

Im not one to bash women in the face with weapons, even if it is just a video game.

16. A Zebra Chaser

In other words, it's nice
    But far from necessary
    Not beating up women is incredibly sexist

17. Trizzle13 Twilight Town Denizen

Said Chris Brown, Ike Turner, and Bobby Brown

Nd im sure others would disagree that this remake is far from unnecessary. Consider that.

18. Hiro ✩ Guardian

I think it's unnecessary. It's just a luxury so that everyone can have all the games on 3 platforms.

19. Trizzle13 Twilight Town Denizen

Thats your opinion, nd you cant speak for everybody nice try though.

Btw its not just 3 games, its 3 COMPLETE games that define the kh timeline and that most ppl outside of Japan were not able to enjoy. So no its far from unnecessary.

If it were I dont think Nomura would go out of his way to publish it when he has two other Major projects to worry about. Point proven, but nice attempt to prove me wrong A for effort.

20. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Others=/=Everyone

I wasn't speaking for everyone. Hat ok said others would agree, I happen to be an other, and I agree. So yeah.

I wasn't saying anything about the number of games, I was saying this way people only need PS3, 3DS, and PS4 to play all of KH. Please read what I say more before replying.