The Total Drama Island Edit Thread

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Gwen, Sep 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwen Farewell.

Many americans who watch the slightest bit of Cartoon Network have seen it; the boldly narrorated advertisements for a little show called Total Drama island. A good portion of you have watched the show as well. But what most americans don't know is that the show was not, in the slightest, a Cartoon Network production. It originally aired up in good ol' Canada, and up there, there are different laws on what can and can't be shown on kids television.
    Let's just say, Teletoon is a bit more lenient.
    'Course I don't know this for sure as I'm, regrettably, american, but I'm pretty sure I got the whole thing down. There its rated G, whereas in america is calls for a disclaimer after every commercial break AND a rating of PG13, sometimes PG13 D for 'mildly flirtatious dialogue'. I'm here to show americans what's really been hidden from your eyes.

This is a list, thrown together by me, of every Total Drama Island edit in the cartoon network version. One might ask, well, other than a list to inform, what is the point of this thread? Honestly, I can't really say. But please, if you will, post your opinions on the edits. Don't be afraid to speak your mind. Do you think these edits are 'saving' children today from corruption, or do you want to smack Cartoon Network for editing? Do you Total Drama Island should be put on an adult block, despite its rather childish concept? Or, do you think the mild swears like 'hell' and 'crap' that they have occasionally kept in are relating much more to the language kids use these days? read on, and think about your answers as you view....

The Complete List of Total Drama Edits

Episode One - Not So Happy Campers (Part One)
    • DJ Saying "Oh ****" was cut out at the end of the Cartoon Network version.
    • In the Teletoon version of this episode, when Chris talks about the communal bathrooms, Lindsay says, "I'm not Catholic" and Chris says, "Not communion, communal". In the Cartoon Network verison, Lindsay says, "Where's the spa? I'm confused" and Chris says, "Wow, that's a shocker".
    • Harold, in the CN version, describes the camp as 'lousy' instead of 'crappy'
    • When Gwen is in the confessional, she says "So far this sucks.", which was edited to "So far this stinks" in the CN version.
    • In the mess hall scene, Chef tells Harold, "You'll get a whole lot of shut the heck up!". But on the Cartoon Network version, he says, "You'll get a whole lot of sit your butt down now!"
    • When Duncan repeatedly hits on Heather, she calls him a skeez, which was edited to 'creep' in the CN version.

Episode 2 - Not So Happy Campers (Part 2)
    • Right before Owen jumps, he says "Im going to die now, I'm going to freakin die!" However, when it aired on Cartoon Network, Owen said "I'm going to die now. I'm going to totally die now!".

Episode 3 - The Big Sleep
    • For Cartoon Network syndicated airings of the episodes, Chris's line to Justin "That is so freakin' cool!" is changed to "That is so crazy incredible." His line "Shut up" before that, is also changed to "Get out!"
    • Quite a screwy edit, When Chris is trying to bore the campers into sleep by reading to them the History of Canada, he makes an attempt at a joke by saying "The Beaver, National symbol and a "Damn" fine hat." The campers then groan at the cheesy pun. In the CN version, he simply calls it a 'Fine hat' without saying the 'damn', and the campers groan at... nothing, ruining one of the jokes in the show.

Episode 4 - Dodge Brawl
    • Another moronic edit, one they could have pulled off if they tried. When this aired on the Cartoon Network, the scene where Heather asks the Bass team, "How does it feel to suck so much?" was edited. When Heather says this line, the word "suck" was cut so it made it sound like she said, "How does it feel to so much?"
    • Chris sees Duncan still tired form the Awake-a-Thon and says "You look like crap, dude." and Duncan tells him to shove it. But when this aired on the Cartoon Network, Chris says that Duncan 'looks like death' and Duncan tells him to stick it.

Episode 5 - Not Quite Famous
    • The scene where Bridgette pukes on Katie and Sadie was cut when this episode originally aired on the Cartoon Network.
    • Chris says something along the lines of 'So far you guys suck' which of course, was edited to 'stink'

Episode 6 - The Sucky Outdoors
    No edits that I've found yet.

Episode 7 - Phobia Factor
    • Duncan and Courtney tell each other to "Shut it" instead of "Shut up" when this episode originally aired on the Cartoon Network.
    • When Trent realizes that he left Gwen buried whilst trying to get rid of the mime stalking him, He says "Oh crap, Gwen!". But in the Cartoon Network version, he says "Oh No," instead.

Episode 8 - Up The Creek
    • When DJ and Geoff are talking in their canoe, Geoff says "So I screwed up?" and DJ replies "You screwed up, dude." But CN edited 'screwed' to 'messed'

Episode 9 - Paintball Deer Hunter
    • When Owen is hunting DJ in the woods, a snake bites him and he screams "Ah! Crap!" but in the CN version he says "Ah! Snake!
    • Heather describes Chef's food as 'yucky' instead of 'crappy'

Episode 10 - If You Can't Take The Heat
    • When Chris is doing the recap he originally says "And Cody made a new friend! ...who quickly beat the crap outta him." But in the CN version he says "Who quickly beat the snot out of him."

Episode 11 - Who Can You Trust
    • Gwen goes on quite the edit spree in this episode when she's climbing the cliff. She says "Screw it," and climbs to the top, realizes her skirt is still ripped off and says "Crap!", but in the CN version they changed 'screw it' to 'skip it' and 'crap!' to 'Man!
    • When Heather is walking to the infirmary and the jellyfish latched to her head stings her, she says "Fricken stinging jellyfish!" but in the CN version, 'fricken' was changed to 'stupid'
    • Trent's in the confessional at one point in this episode and says "It's cooking, how bad can she screw it up?" and they edited 'screw' to 'mess'

Episode 12 - Basic Straining
    • When the campers are forced to write the essays about why they love Chef Hatchet, he takes away Harold's while he's still writing. Harold slams his head onto the desk and says 'Crap.' but they, quite sneekily, change it to his usual Napoleon Dynamite-esque exclamation of 'Gosh!'. I respect this edit simply because I TOTALLY didn't catch it the first time I watched this episode.
    • When Courtney is lecturing Duncan, she tells him to stop being such a screw-up. But in the Cartoon Network Version, it's changed to 'mess-up'
    • When Duncan is trying to get Courtney to let lose a little, he says "Feel like ditching this crap for some Peanut Butter and Jam?" but in the CN version 'crap' was edited to 'stuff'.
    • Another crappy edit - When Courtney is being hauled away to the boat of losers, Duncan says "Oh man, this sucks!" and his voice goes up a few octaves. In the Cartoon Network version they did a VERY poor job of editing 'sucks' to 'stinks', my example being that the entire sentence, minus the edited word, is loud.

Episode 13 - X-Treme Torture
    • After the mishap with Heather's shirt being ripped off, Harold continuously and ecstatically says "Boobies". 3 times, to be exact. Bridgette also says it once. 2 out of these four times, it's edited and instead of Harold exclaiming 'boobies', it's changed to 'Booyah!'. When used as a noun, however, they don't edit it at all.
    • This being said, they also say 'boobs' 3 times, once by Leshawna, once by Heather, and once by Geoff. When Leshawna and Geoff say it, it's edited to 'Chest', but when Heather says it they keep it as 'boobs'
    • Leshawna, after being realized as the 'crush girl' that Harold was sending poems to, asks "Do you know anyone else here with a booty as luscious as an apple?" and whilst saying this, she turns around and shows off her butt. However, in the CN version she says "Do you know anyone else here with a kick-butt attitude like mine?" and the whole, turn-around-booty-shot thing doesn't make too much sense.

Episode 14 - Brunch of Disgustingness
    • Owen's line about his underwear was edited slightly, when he said 'I'll eat anything. Even my gitch if I have to' it was edited to 'I'll even eat my drawers if I have to'
    • The whole having to eat bull testicles, quite cleverly, was changed. They call them, and I quote 'beef meatballs'. However, the boys still cry, and later, Geoff says 'They sometimes castrate bulls for medical reasons.' Gwen also called them cahones later. I believe, what they were doing, was making it so those who are old enough, will get it. The younger viewers, however, will just see them as meatballs. I think this was a pretty clever edit, personally.

Episode 15 - No Pain, No Game
    • Chris broadcasts the campers confessional votes, and in the Teletoon version Gwen's take on Eva is that she's a 'Freak'. However, CN saw something wrong with this and made freak into 'Weirdo'
    • Eva originally calls Leshawna "Sister Thunder-thighs" but for whatever reason this was chnaged to 'girlfriend.' What's more, Leshawna later says "Nobody disses Shawnie's thighs," and Cartoon Network made the stupid mistake of leaving this much in. So the dialogue afterwords is sorta pointless.

Episode 16 - Search and Do Not Destroy
    • Owen is begging for edits in this episode when he says 'Oh crap' exactly 10 times. Quite obviously, Cartoon Network edited this to 'Oh No'
    • The word 'sucks' is edited to 'stinks' 4 times, twice by Heather; Once by Trent; and once by Geoff.

Episode 17 - Hide and Be Sneaky
    No edits~

Episode 18 - That's Off The Chain!
    • Geoff's line "Aw, crap!" was edited to "Aw, man!"
    • They sort of ruined another joke, When Duncan said "More like the arts & craps center..." they edited 'crap' to 'junk'
    • Heather accused Duncan of 'Going around scaring the crap out of everyone, when they edited 'crap' to 'snot'
    • Ready for the biggest edit in TDI history?
      After Lindsay realizes the truth about Heather she quotes, "And all that stuff people say about you is true! Like, how you're a two faced, backstabbing, lying little motherfucking bitch!" Which, of course, is bleeped out. The campers stare on in sheer amazement; but in the CN version they had no reason to, because Cartoon Network made this edit so choppy, so horribly done that I was in a corner throwing up and couldn't hear it, but it was something like 'No good selfish heartless bossy mean bully of a girl..." Which means, to summarize, THEY CENSORED THE CENSOR. But, she still flipped them off, so... yeah?
      Also, she says it three times, and they just recycled the same voice clip, so that made it suck even more.

Episode 19 - Hook, Line, and Screamer
    • Owen's line "WE'RE FRICKEN DEAD!" was edited, 'fricken' was changed to 'totally'
    • When Duncan lights the camper chart on fire, Gwen originally interjects with "Holy Crap!", but the CN version has her say "Oh man!" and she barely even screams it, so not a very good edit there.

Episode 20 - Wawanakwa Gone Wild
    • Gwen's line "I hate this freakin' show!' was edited, 'freakin' into 'lame-o'... Yeah. No comment.

Episode 21 - Trial by Tri-Armed Triathalon
    • "And the other campers helped... by sucking!" Sucking was edited into stinking
    • Simillar edit, when Chris said 'sucks to be you' they made it 'stinks' also.
    • 'Crappy' was edited into 'Yucky'
    • Owen tells off Heather, cussing at her with some very colorful language that was censored. Cartoon Network found it necessary to censor the censor (AGAIN) and change his swearing into 'The meanest, the nasiest, the biggest coldhearted meanie..."

Episode 22 - Haut Camp-Ture (aka After The Dock of Shame)
    • Trent saying 'crappy' was edited into him saying 'lame-o'
    • Izzy saying 'Oh crap!' was edited into 'Oh no!'
    • I don't even know what the **** this was, but 'poor sucker' into 'little guy'? ...wtf...?
    • "How would I characterize my experience? Easy, it SUCKED!" Following cartoon network standards, we got 'stank' for that one.
    • Lindsay said 'Maybe if I get an acting coach and my nails and hair done, I'll get on the cover!' was edited from 'Maybe if I get an eating disorder, or my boobs done...'

Episode 23 - Camp Castaways
    • Duncan makes a line about the girls getting along giving him 'the warm fuzzies', and Heather calls him a perv. In the CN version, she calls him a nerd.
    • "Any MORON could see this is just another one of Chris' cheesy sets with fake props." Moron was edited to 'goofball'
    • "Well, well well, stuck on an island with two cool girls." It was originally 'two hot girls'
    • The word 'sucks' was edited about 3 times
    • Gwen saying 'freakin' was edited to 'stupid'
    • "Or fulfilled any of my 'Owen gets jiggy' fantasies!" Obviously edited to 'Owen gets famous'
    • Heather originally called Gwen a 'suck' instead of a 'baby'
    • The movie Chris stole the sets from was called 'Big Assic park' but CN changed it to 'Dinosauric park'

Episode 24 - Are we There, Yeti?
    • Gwen telling Heather to 'shut it' was edited to 'close it'
    • Chef saying 'crap' was edited to 'crud'
    • Owen calling the girls 'hot' was edited to 'cool'

Episode 25 - I Triple Dog Dare You!
    • Chris calling Gwen and Heather 'Hot' in the recap was edited to 'cool'
    • "Why dont we just do seven minutes in heaven in a skanky bathroom closet?" 'skany' was edited to 'tacky'
    • Gwen saying 'freakin' was edited to 'stupid. AGAIN.
    • And Chris saying the same thing was edited to 'totally'
    • "Is there nothing these freaks wont do?!" Freaks was edited to 'weirdos'... That was my favorite line, too D:

OTHER:
    • Courtney saying 'fuck' in the CN-exclusive rundown was edited from her audition.

Episode 27 - The Last Episode, Really!
    • Gwen said sucks about 3 times and it was edited.
    • Owen said 'Oh crud' instead of 'Oh crap' when he was sliding down the pole.
    • 'Alexander the fricken great' was changed to 'the insanely great'
    • Instead of 'Oh, screw it!' Owen said 'Oh, forget it!'
    • Heather called Gwen a 'doofus' instead of a sucker.
    • 'Bite me' was edited.

I'l gradually add to this list as the episodes premiere every thursday, or in case I find any new edits.

2. clouddart100 Destiny Islands Resident

Wow... This must have taken you a lot of time lol.
    This is really cool Madi, thanks ^^

3. Near Gummi Ship Junkie

Wow.

I'd really rather watch the Canadian version. CN is ******ed.

This must have taken some time. Good work o:

4. cloud's buddy Traverse Town Homebody

Yeah same here i would much rather see Canadian version than CN

5. RRMS Gummi Ship Junkie

Edits SUCK.
    I had to watch the CN version of Who Can You Trust, and I had saw a little bit of the canadian Version, but not all of it was up :P
    So I watched the bCN version and Gwen was liek: "Yes! ..Aw Man!"
    It sounded off ><

6. Gwen Farewell.

I liked what she said before xDD

AW, SKIP IT.

I mean really, who says that...? My favorite will always be 'mess-up' though. Lol. Courtney.

7. Misty gimme kiss

Wow, you must reaaally like this show. ._.

I agree, these edits can be a bit silly. Cutting things like 'crap' out of this show is just dumb. When I was in second grade kids (note that in second grade you're about seven years old) were using the word religiously, and it's gotten a lot worse throughout the years. I know that parents will get a little upset if they see their kid watching a show where they're constantly calling each other screw ups and such, but they should pay attention to how most kids are speaking these days. The unedited show in my opinion is better because not only is the things they take out not so bad (if they need to they can just jack up the rating a bit), but it also appeals to an older audience.

But what can you do?

8. Xegreny Kingdom Keeper

My friend Dranz who lives in Canada has the unedited versions runnin' on TV. He says they've gone through the whole thing like 3 times or something...

Slow CN is slow.

9. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

Ok, I think it goes without saying that you're the most dedicated TDI fan ever. xD

This is... just wow. They really did a number on this show for the Cartoon Network version...

10. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

I'm Canadian and I know who wins! *runs around*
    Back on topic:
    I've watched the CNified version of some of the episodes on YT and the amount of edits are ridiculous.

11. Gwen Farewell.

Ehh, in Canada it ended a year ago. It airs weeknights there at like, 9 I think.

In america, since its a new show, new episodes only come every Thursday on the Har Har Tharsdays block, so yeah, CN is running way slower than Canada.

Correction, you know who wins in Canada. Gwen is rumored to win in america and Heather won in France.​

12. Tahno The official Charlie Sheen of Republic City.

Remind me who wins.

13. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

What the crap, they're different? O_o I never would've guessed that.

If you don't want to know, I'm serious, do not click the next spoiler.
    Owen.

14. Gwen Farewell.

Um, yeah, how else would they be able to keep the winner a secret? It'd easily leak out.​

15. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

I blame my blond strand.

16. Gwen Farewell.

Ohh and update, 14 just aired and there were only two edits.

17. Scott Pilgrim Banned

Why didn't they have anyone voted off I wonder?

18. Gwen Farewell.

Umm, I dont know, maybe it was just for Chris' own amusement?

Also, lol, TDI and DN fan. Matt is voiced by Duncan.

19. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

I did not know this. They were probably both recorded at Ocean Studios. That's me. Miss Obvious. xD

20. Gwen Farewell.

Welllll... Drew nelson IS Canadian.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.