The Son of Neptune

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Iskandar, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Anyone planning on reading this book? I really like this series, so I've been waiting impatiently for this to come out. I want to get this as soon as I possibly can. I've read the Percy Jackson series twice, but I think I might go for a third time, and then read the Lost Hero book for the third time. I would read the Red Pyramid, but that's not really as interesting. So, does anyone here even like the book?

And since I mentioned it and it's from the same author, anyone here read the Kane Chronicles?

2. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

I am definitely looking forward to this one after Heroes of Olympus: The Lost Hero.
    It will be interesting seeing what happened to Percy after the events of the first book in this new series. Even though we've been told he is more of a supporting character this time round. I still see that he will be instrumental. I mean... heck. He's Percy Jackson. Trouble finds him.
    He'll definitely still have a huge part to play. Unless there is some other son of Neptune (Poseidon) which I doubt.

3. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

The second book Son of Neptune came out yesterday and I already got it. It.Is.EPIC. One of the best books I've ever read! I'm almost done with it and heres what I think of it
    This book has made me laugh,almost cry and WTF. I didn't like Frank much when he frist appeared but he has grown on me. Hazel, who happened to be Nico's other freaking sister who died and he saved from the dead, as in helped her leave of the dead. Bianca has been reincarnated so that's why Nico decided to save her. I still can't get over the fact that Percy doesn't have his memories and it makes me sad- even more so when he almost cries when he see's his brother in his dreams- I swear I though I was going to cry...

Will write more when I finish the book

4. Void of Self Destiny Islands Resident

the book is out now? i need to go find and read it. i was impatient enough before hand...

5. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I've never read any book that's made me cry. Well, except manga.
    But what do you mean Bianca is reincarnated? You mean that Hazel is Bianca? Or Hazel is someone else completely and Bianca reincarnated as well?
    But I don't think there's going to be another son of Poseidon. But do they explain the whole SPQR thing? And how many of them are on the team this time? Because shouldn't they have all 7 with this book?

6. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

No No No Hazel is someone else altogether- she's awesome though. There are 3 of them on this Quest Frank,Son of Mars, Hazel Daughter of Pluto, and Percy son of Neptune. SPQR is when you are claimed by your Godly parent. SPQR stands for Senatus Populusque Romanus.

7. Iskandar King of Conquerors

So we've got our 7 people? I mean, there's Piper, Jason, Leo, Percy, Frank, Hazel, and Annabeth? Or do you think they won't have Annabeth in this one?

8. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Idk I'm not done with the book yet xD I personally am hoping for Luke but I don't think it's him. It'd be nice if it was but It is probably Annabeth

9. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Don't forget Luke is dead. It's not like he can come back to life as a teenager. And I was just looking at the wikipedia page of the character, and I just remember, what are those lines under the SPQR for? Are they for any reason?

10. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

n English, it translates to:"The Senate and the People of Rome". And Nico just got captured by that ***** Gaea <_< FFS why my favorite characters that's alive!

11. Iskandar King of Conquerors

the lines, the lines!!! Not the SPQR. It said that Jason had 12 lines under his SPQR. Why are they there?

12. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

How many years he was at the camp for. I'm not telling you anything else cuz this book was crazy epic ;p You'll have to read the rest :D

13. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

The lines are for the number of years at the Roman camp.

Jason has twelve lines because he's been there for basically his entire life. Reyna, the other praetor at Camp Jupiter had four lines.

14. program Twilight Town Denizen

As I read this book I found myself loving Camp Half-Blood more than ever; Camp Jupiter is just so harsh and stern, CHB is full of happy kids who love being a half-blood. Camp Jupiter is like a boot camp, Camp HB is like a usual camp kids go to. I also loved the new characters,but Reyna and her sister, I don't know why they are just not appealing to me. I've found a much better pairing than Percabeth which is Frazel, I ship Frank and Hazel so hard its Cannon already XD
    The book is good in it's third POV still, but I do miss alot of Percy's funny thoughts on the mythical beasts and stuff. And the plot is great!
    BUT I FREAKING HATE THE ENDING! FREAKING CLIFFHANGER!ITS NOT FUNNY! Rick is Trolling us.
    great book! I'd rather see more of this than the Red Kane Series, that series isn't so good.

15. Daxa~ #stalker

My brother got these books,and of course I stole them off him.
    I liked them,espiecally seeing Percy again <3
    But does anyone know when the next/last one will be out?

16. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

I already read the first book of Percy Jackson, I'm planing to read all the collection. Red Pyramid is a book I wanted to read as well, my friend have the 'st and 'nd Percy Jackson and the Red Pyramid, when he finishes the second book and I have time, probably he will lend me both. =]

17. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

I absolutely loved this book, it was great. I must admit, I liked the first book better, just because I absolutely love Leo! He's stinking hilarious! But anyway, I really liked these books because I never read the Percy Jackson series, so for me, reading as Jason, I discovered camp half-blood for the first time, just like him, and I had no idea who Jason was, and then the same thing happened with Son of Neptune. I only knew as much about Percy as Rick told us in this book, so I learned as he did. I actually liked the Roman camp better, lol. Maybe it's the fact that my dad was in the army for the first few years of my life. And my name means warrior, so there you go. I would love to be in the fifth cohort, participating in the war games, laying seige to the enemies fortress.
    But I really hate the plot twist with Leo and Hazel. In my opinion, Hazel belongs with Frank, and Leo should just keep being Leo, not complicated with relationships. I'm really looking forward to getting the third book, and I seriously hope Rick doesn't screw up with Leo.

18. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

To be fair, the plot twist involving Leo and Hazel might not be how we think.
    After all, unless Leo's memory has been altered, he and Sammy are likely not the same person but just related. I'd judge that Leo is a descendant of Sammy. I still see Frank and Hazel staying together, but Hazel will just have to come to terms with the fact that Leo is part of a future related to Sammy that she was never a part of. That is what I foresee anyway. That way, it still has a psychological thing she has to overcome.
    After all, we both know that Gaia did state that Sammy ended up marrying someone else and having kids, so I see this as entirely possible.
    If people then go to say this is too much of a coincidence in that Leo and Hazel would meet. Well I'd like to remind...
    Since when has coincidence mattered in these books? It all comes down to destiny and prophecy. These events are meant to happen and be connected.

Of course, I may and probably am wrong, but that is the guess I'd wager.

Anyways... I can't wait to see what comes next with this series, I love it so much.

19. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Yeah, I suppose that Leo might be a descendant of Sammy, but also,
    he might be Sammy reincarnated. It says in the book that Sammy, even though he grew up and married somebody else, he never forgot about Hazel to his dying day. Also, Nico's sister Bianca supposedly chose to be reincarnated, why couldn't Sammy have done so? If you're riencarnated, don't you forget your past life? Also, if Leo is like, fifteen or sixteen, (I forget his age exactly), and Sammy died at around age sixty, and was thirteen 70 years ago, the ages match up pretty well. I think Leo might be Sammy reincarnated. And I really hope he isn't. I also am pretty sure that Frank will die at Leo's hand, wether intentional or unintentional. Because Frank wil die watching his stick burn, and Leo has control over fire, wich is considered erratic and dangerous. This in addition to the plot twist with Hazel makes me deduce that Rick will have Leo be Sammy reincarnated, Leo and Frank will both be in love with Hazel, she'll be in love with both of them, and then Frank will die by Leo's hand, Leo will get Hazel. AND I DON'T WANT THIS TO HAPPEN!

20. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

True, but you can only be reincarnated if you make it to Elysium, otherwise you roam the fields of Asphodel or end up in Tartarus and I don't see what Sammy could have done to get there.
    I do see you making a good point though, but yeah... I'm not sure to be honest.
    I guess we can only wait and see.
    Either way, the next book looks like it'll be fantastic. I love how these first two have done the 3 characters thing, but now... well, everyone is coming together, so this should be interesting.
    I also want to see Percy and Jason meet. That'd be cool too.