Traditional Art The Pixel Attempt!

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Dinny, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

Hello!​
    Been a while since I've posted here hehe~​
    I tried making my very first pixel thing today.​
    This is my Adventure Time OC: Tallulah the Lagoon Princess:​
    [​IMG]
    It would be grand to hear your opinions, critique, etc. about this.​
    This is my first attempt and I really want to try and improve because,​
    oh my glob I really love pixels and I just want to be good at it lol u v u ;​
    Thank you for your time!​
    c:​

2. Jⱥy King's Apprentice

It looks like pixels love you back.

I think it looks adorable and the animation is a nice touch. You might want to smoothen out the white outline because at the moment it's very noticeable on a darker background.

Keep it up ;)

3. Chie Satonaka Twilight Town Denizen

OMG SO CUTE~~! O///O

I love how you coordinated the colours. It looks really natural. The only thing I noticed was that the left arm is slightly thinner than the other arm.

4. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

Right foot should be altered to match the left foot or left foot should be changed to match the right. They need to be the same size or proportions. I personally like her right foot, from her perspective, better for the whole style but it could go either way. Same thing for the arms. Also, her chin looks like it doesn't match the flow of the face. On either side it looks like it's gonna be a long continuous curve from one side to the other as it is it looks like the come to a screeching halt, curve the opposite way for a bit then continue. If you went for that slight indentation, you should make the shadows reflect that. A lot of these things are pretty hard to see if you're not looking to criticise so there shouldn't be any trouble with leaving it, but if you want to make it better that's what I've got to tell you

5. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

Eeeep! Thank you so much, Jay!​
    Means a lot. And yeah, I noticed that once I put it up here. ​
    Ehe. Eheheheh.​

Thank you darling! I'm glad you think so.​
    I think trying to make kawaii pixels will be a new thing for me durrrr​
    Woopsies! Looks like I gotta work on symmetry. Thanks so much for pointing that out!​
    Ahh, Jiku, all your wise wise words.​
    Thanks so much! I'll be taking consideration everything you said because now all I see are the flaws ; ^ ; lol​
    But that's a good thing! Because now I can try and get better! I'll work on making it more proportioned and ​
    making it look more natural. Maybe I'll try working again with this one - or just completely making a new one.​
    Thank you again, so so so much! You're always a great help​
    [​IMG]