The Litte Mermaid

Discussion in 'Literature' started by reptar, Nov 9, 2007.

1. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Im not talking about the disney one or the others ones im talking about the ORIGINAL ORIGINAL version the one By Hans Anderson Gutenburg, it is SOO SAD! THE LITTLE MERMAID DIES! and OMG! she had taken this potion so she can walk on earth, but every time she takes a step it will feel like knives stabbing her feet and like the prince marries this other girl and the Mermaid DOES SUICIDE
    :((((((((((((((

2. Twilight--XIII Twilight Town Denizen

Somewhere lonely... WHERE ARE MY FRIENDS?!
    Yes I know, it's sad. She had to give up her voice, and the prince only loved her like a sister. If only she could tell him how she felt, but no... had to lose the voice. And there's also the deal with murdering, she just couldn't do it and then there, suicide.

3. Mish smiley day!

It's pretty sad, sure.. but I prefer the watered-down Disney version. xD;

In the book, the prince seems like a twat and the mermaid (I don't think she was referred to as Ariel in the book.. agh, I forget) seems even stupider. :/ Although I like how the mermaid's sisters are portrayed more in the story...

Also, Hans Anderson Gutenburg? I may be the one wrong here, but wtf?? Who is that? It's Hans Christian Anderson.. right? <__>

4. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

xD you are right Mish it is Hans Christian Anderson ^^

I read the story after I had seen the disney film so it was a bit of a bloody shock
    0_0

It is very sad v_v but then a lot of fairytales from that time were, they were, afterall mean to hold an underlying message for children.

I Love the message at the end of this one, it's like "yeah kids if you misbehave then the mermaids will be sad and have to stay trapped for another year, so behave! and help the mermaids"

xD

It is so sad that she died because she couldn't bring herself to hurt the one that she loved, even though he didn't feel the same way. ;_;