The Left Behind Series

Discussion in 'Literature' started by P E A N U T, May 13, 2008.

1. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

Has anybody read any of those? They are about the end times, and they are amazing. I'm in the middle of the series right now. I've read through the first five books in about 2 weeks (and they have at least 400 pages each xD)

2. Pure Beats~ Chaser

I've only read the first book, but I loved it. Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins are great authors. I would buy the books if I had the money. None of the libraries around here carry those books, so that kind of stinks.

3. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

Yeah, my library doesn't have the sixth book, so I'm stuck. =/

Is your siggy from the song Unbreakable by Fireflight? (Just curious xD)

4. Tora-chan Traverse Town Homebody

Oh my goodness I absolutely love those books. I was wondering the same thing, if there was anyone here who has read them. I started reading the series around December i think? And I finished them all awhile ago. I have every book sitting in my room..I had to buy them all. Theres books 1-12, and a sequel to the 12th one i started reading. Then theres 3 new books, which takes place before the end times come. The authors are brilliant

5. ps3fan Moogle Assistant

:D Left Behind is amazing I'm in the middle of the series right now.

6. Tora-chan Traverse Town Homebody

Really what book are you on?

7. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

I finally got through the 12 original books =). Now I'm reading the 3 added ones, the ones that countdown to the rapture.

8. Tora-chan Traverse Town Homebody

I saw those 3 added ones but haven't picked them up yet. Im getting through the sequel to the 12th book ^^

9. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

The sequel to the 12th book? Which one is that?

10. Tora-chan Traverse Town Homebody

Well you know the 12th one is called the Glorious Appearing, and this book is called Kingdom Come. See if you can look it up!

11. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

"Kingdom Come is the final book in the best-selling Left Behind series. The horrors of the Tribulation are over, and Jesus Christ has set up his perfect kingdom on Earth. Believers around the world enjoy a newly perfected relationship with their Lord, and the Earth itself is transformed. Yet evil still lurks in the hearts of the unbelieving. As the Millennium draws to a close, the final generation of the unrepentant prepares to mount a new offensive against the Lord himself—sparking the final and ultimate conflict from which only one side will emerge the eternal victor."

That's from the left behind site, which I've never visited before xD. That book sounds awesome, now I gotta read it!

12. Tora-chan Traverse Town Homebody

Yes that's the one! I'm really not very far -_- I haven't picked it up in forever. It's a little hard to read in hte beginning, mostly because there's none of that action like in all the other books yet

13. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

I don't think that my church has that book (or my school library, which is open during the summer). I'll probably have to go out and buy it myself =/

14. Tora-chan Traverse Town Homebody

I think it's pretty new. I didn't even know they had a sequel until I went to one of the bookstores around here and just saw it. I was like whoa wait! lol

15. Jayn

It was pretty good in my opinion. I only read the first...Saw the movie.

16. W7F King's Apprentice

I've read the "original series", books 1-12. I didn't even realize there was a sequel to the 12th book, though I have been eyeing the prequels for a while now. ****, now I really wanna go and read them. . . Death Note might have to wait for a while.

17. Tora-chan Traverse Town Homebody

Yeah I just watched the movies again lol. And I bought The Rising, from those three new books that take place in the past. That book was really good too. If you thought Nicolae was annoying before, wait till you read about him as a kid..

18. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

I started reading that one monthes ago, but without the action, I lost interest =/. I think I was like... almost 100 pages it (I really don't remember, I'm guessing). And now I'm enjoying some new books, so it'll be a while before I get back to it.

19. Tora-chan Traverse Town Homebody

True, it was missing more of the action that I'm used to with these books, but of course it does take place before the whole end of the world thing lol.

20. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

Yeah, that might explain the lack of action xD.

What was your favorite book in the series?