Video The KH-Vids.net MEP!: Second Phase

Discussion in 'Production Studio' started by Guardian Soul, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

[​IMG]
    Second Phase

Feel free to shoot either of the coordinators a PM if you need help:
    Send a message to Guardian Soul |Send a message to Stardust

Information:

What is an MEP?

MEP stands for Multi Editor Project. Multiple editors working together on one project. Despite most MEPs usually using one song, one band, or one theme, this project will be more like a worm. Everybody makes a small video and in the end, we'll combine them together to form a whole video to showcase our editors.​

- Video Sources -

Since this is a Kingdom Hearts community, the allowed video sources will be Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy and Disney. Other sources unfortunately won't be allowed.​

- Song Selection -

Anything you want it to be but keep it PG-13. ​

- Editing -

The editing style all depends on the track. If the track is fast-paced, the editing should reflect that, and likewise with a slow song. Use whatever style suits you best, though. Having different styles in this MEP is what I'm shooting for, as having all the tracks look the same isn't fun or appealing at all. This is a collection of our styles all in one project and I want it to look that way.​

- Rules -

- One of our lovely purple monsters, Stardust, will be the co-coordinator of this project. Her word shall be law! Listen or fear the banhammer*shot*

- If you join the MEP, I expect you to be active or I will hunt you down. You are to keep everyone involved in the MEP up to date with your progress. Be it a little or a lot. I would like to know where everyone stands on their tracks. So try to keep us updated.

- There is no limit on participants and no restriction on who can participate based on post count or join date, so everyone is free to join up!

- At the moment, the time limit hasn't been decided on yet. It'll be determined by how many editors will be participating in the project.

- No bumpers, watermarks, or anything of the such. They're very distracting and people will be able to find out who made what part just by looking at the description.​
    ===

Due Date​

August 12, 2011​

List of Participants:​

Key:
    Red: User has not turned their part in.
    Green: User's part has been turned in.
    Gray: Not Participating or status otherwise unknown

-kingdomhearts530 - unable to participate
    -Gerdneek - unable to participate
    +Anzu_100 - Save the World (Tonight) by Swedish House Mafia
    +Noroz - Participation Confirmed
    +jojoj13 - Stop and Stare (Gemini Dubstep Remix) by Fenech-Soler
    +ЅкyCɑт - To The Stage by Asking Alexandria
    +Roxasvsriku - Nebula[type J] feat. mitsumushi and xxJulexx by Tripshots
    +Love - Kremlin Dusk by Utada Hikaru
    +Lulus_Moogle - Sunlight by Plain White T's
    +Nate_River - The Adventure by Angels and Airwaves
    +Ienzo - Locking Up The Sun by Poets of the Fall
    +Josephmahon1 - Across the Line by Linkin Park
    +Ace Phoenix - Falling Apart by Zebrahead
    +Fearless- Love You Like a Song by Selena Gomez
    -gorillajoe2k - unable to participate
    +Aqua101 - Move by Thousand Foot Krutch
    +gabr - Jetlag by Simple Plan
    +roxas2142 - Animal I Have Become - Three Days Grace
    +P - Participation Confirmed
    +Invader Jack - Hold by Superchick
    +Fayt-Harkwind - Leave All Behind by Wilma Sidr
    -Ventus108 - unable to participate
    +HellKitten - Everybody Loves Me by One Republic
    +MovingOnMjrn - Participation Confirmed
    +Kalnet - Can't Nobody by 2NE1
    +Sacredlith - Shooting Star by David Rush ft. Kevin Rudolf & Pitbull
    -flowergothic - unable to participate
    +kellyjelly - Violet by The Birthday Massacre

==​

Greetings, MEP participants! Now that we've got a list of people interested in the project, it's time to move forward with song choices and MEP parts.

The second phase is rather simple. We will be working on and collecting the parts of the MEP to be compiled.

Here's what we need from you:
    - A post confirming that you are currently still able to participate
    - Your song choice
    - Eventually, your MEP part.

Simply posting your song choice can double as a confirmation of participation, but if you haven't decided what song to use yet, you can just post to let us know you're still interested.

We will give the people on our master list three days to post a reply here, at which point we will send a PM to any who have not replied to confirm their status. Those who receive the PM will have three more days to reply before we remove them from the list.

Even if you posted your song choice or part in the last thread, we ask that you please do it again to keep everything in one place.

FAQ

Question - How will I send my part to you?
    Answer - To send your part to me and/or Stardust, you'll have to upload to a hosting website. There are many sites to host your file such as Mediafire, Megaupload and Sendspace.

Q - What format should my part be in?
    A - We don't have a specific requirement for formats, as we understand you all use different computers and editing software. We do ask that you save your file in good quality, however. If there is a compatibility or quality problem with your submission, we will let you know.

Q - When's the due date?
    A - At the moment we don't have a set date but I'm thinking it'll be around August since most people will be finishing their summer vacation by then. The part deadline is August 12, 2011.

Q - Should I render my part in High Definition?
    A - No. Many participants do not have the software needed to do so. Also, in order for your final product to be in HD, your clips must be in HD to begin with -- KH-Vids.net's clips are currently not recorded in High Definition, so if you are using our clips it will not make a difference. If you render a HD video using Standard Definition clips, the result will not look better than rendering it normally (and will take up a lot of extra space!).

Q - Should I fade out my part?
    A - No. For consistency's sake, it's better for it to be faded if need be while being compiled.

2. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I'm still in, my video is at about :20 out of :52, and my song is To The Stage by Asking Alexandria (my personal cut will be PG though. No cursing or f-bombs).

My inspiration is currently dead and i'll be in a Tennis camp for half a day for three weeks starting tomorrow, meaning I can still work on the vid but given that the due date will likely be August there shouldn't be much of a problem.

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I'm changing my song to Move by Thousand Foot Krutch. It will be 46 or 47 seconds long

4. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

My Song is going down in flames and I've already finished it-so here it is
    [video=youtube;UxB_FOCwdDU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxB_FOCwdDU[/video]

5. Kalnet Merlin's Housekeeper

- I've confirmed that I'll be joining you guys.
    - "Heartbreaker" by G Dragon.
    - Video length will be 32 secs.
    - I will send you the download link by today or tomorrow.

6. P Banned

Still fiddling around with different songs. Currently trying to decide whether BGM is a good idea or not. They tend towards being repetitive, but for 20-30 seconds, that may not be a bad thing. Hmm.

7. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

Okay I updated the list with your songs guys.

You sure you don't want to edit more? You have a lot of time seeing as how the deadline probably won't be until mid-to-late August. If you feel like you've done enough though then send me the download link.

Depends on the BGM I guess. For now, I'll just put "Participation Confirmed" for you since you still haven't decided on a song yet.

8. Anzu_100 Destiny Islands Resident

I'm still in and my song is Rescue Me by Hawthorne Heights. It should be about 40-50 seconds long.

9. Noroz I Wish Happiness Always Be With You

I'm not certain which song, but I'm still in this :)

10. Josephmahon1 Merlin's Housekeeper

i'm still in this but havent started my part yet i've been busy rerendering some ff13 clips from mp4s to wmv so i could use them anyway the song i'm using is linkin park across the line and i should be starting work on my part tomorrow i hope

11. roxas2142 Merlin's Housekeeper

This is my part -> http://www.mediafire.com/?sj6bxnj4tse9yjp I'm still not sure if this is my final part so tell me what you think.[video=youtube;LeEIaBAUgdc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeEIaBAUgdc[/video]

12. Sacredlith Destiny Islands Resident

I'm in ;D
    I'll be using the song Painting Flowers by All Time Low. The length might be around 35-45 seconds, and I'm thinking to render it in .mp4.

13. Lulus_Moogle Twilight Town Denizen

Sunlight by plain white t's

14. MovingOnMjrn Merlin's Housekeeper

I just thought I'd say that I'm still participating. I'm assuming you knew this since I submitted my part, and am listed here, but I thought I'd just tell you to be on the safe side.

Also, is some of my quality bothering people? If so, I'm sorry. But certain clips (like Revenant Wings) are near impossible to find. Do you want me to submit a part of the vid that has better quality?

15. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

Sending in your parts faster doesn't mean that the MEP will be out faster guys. Take your time with your editing. I don't expect something perfect but I want the best you guys can make.

I honestly think it could've been edited better. Your scene selection was...odd in some places.

What song did you use? And yeah I noticed that through out your video that some parts were blocky(I don't know if that's the right word xD) and that is because you rendered it out in HD. Rendering in HD settings doesn't magically make the video HD as well. To compress in HD, you need to already be working with HD footage. For example if you render something that was originally 848x480 to 1280x720, you're just upscaling and taking away from the original quality, not increasing it. So if you could render the video out again without HD settings and just the normal settings of your video, then please do or it won't be accepted.

16. Love Kingdom Keeper

In a world where the sunset casts slender shadows
    My song is Kremlin Dusk by Utada Hikaru.

17. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Will be doing this.

Going to be using Nebula[type J] feat. mitsumushi and xxJulexx by Tripshots

No accurate duration yet, but of course will be less than 45 seconds.

18. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

Didn't realise I was added to this list. I'll get back to you shortly with what song I will be using. Feel free to contact me if I start running late.

EDIT: I will be using Leave All Behind by Wilma Sidr.

19. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Could You see what I should do to make this better? I tried to sync it a bit, but I'm not too sure about the beginning.
    [video=youtube;jI4V-YN59tQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI4V-YN59tQ[/video]

20. Sacredlith Destiny Islands Resident