The Ignore No More Application Forces Kids to Call Their Parents Back

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Amaury, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

The Ignore No More Application Forces Kids to Call Their Parents Back
    • Source: Forbes
    • Published: August 20, 2014
    Images in the linked source above.

2. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

HOW CAN YOU STILL COBBLE TOGETHER THE REQUISITE MENTAL FIDELITY TO EVEN EXIST WHEN YOU'RE SO VERY, VERY WRONG

You know what I'd do if one of my folks did this? Replace my phone and never give them the new number. Thankfully my parents are parents, not friggin' parole officers.

3. Fellangel Bichael May

The idea is dumb to be honest. BUT how ignorant does a child have to be to NOT return a call from their parents? Yes kids do have that sense of independence, but a parent has every right to be worried.

This idea only sounds good on paper. In practice, it just makes kids even more resilient. They'll start ditching their own phones and replacing them. Should this practice ever pass through the eyes of the majority (highly doubtful), only the worst of fools deserve that kind of punishment.

4. 61 No. B

What stops the kid from just deleting the app

5. Iskandar King of Conquerors

This is a little absurd to be honest. Yes, it's good for children to call you back or text you if you're concerned about them. But are they really calling you because they want to, or is it just to play games and other things? Of course it's the latter. If you really want to see what your child is doing, how about talking with other people? And there is such thing as privacy. Sure they're little kids and don't need as much as when they're older, but a little bit never hurt anyone. This sounds like another thing to get kids the urge to move out faster because of overbearing parents. If I were younger and had to deal with this, might as well commit a crime and be sent to a prison.

6. Fellangel Bichael May

Parental controls maybe?

7. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

At that point this app is the least of their problems. Say goodbye to privacy.