Television The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Reboot in Development

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Amaury, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

This should be in the Movies/Media section

As a huge fan of the original 'Fresh Prince of Bel-Air', I'm actually not excited for this. I'm starting to grow tired of unnecessary reboots, specifically those that are banking on nostalgia. Almost 20 years after it ended, the original series still holds, making me laugh whenever I watch it (and cry in its tearful moments), and no damn reboot can replicate the same feelings I have for it. Twenty bucks says they'll remix the awesome theme song into some generic crap.

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

The fact that Fresh Prince of Bel-Air was about Will Smith and growing up, and the fact that he even starred in it, I wouldn't watch this reboot. I'm not a giant fan of documentaries, but Fresh Prince was a fun way of doing it since it made it a reality show too, and made it amusing.

Also, the fact that in the article they say a reboot of Might Morphin Power Rangers.....did the writers of this century just lost any sense of ideas? That show is too old for anything.

4. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

If it means more Tatyana Ali, I'm all for it. That woman is gorgeous.
    I can definitely see where you're coming from with this. But if they can somehow replicate the original show's quality of comedy, or surpass it, then I think it's worth a revisit. Not many sitcoms are on Fresh Prince's level of quality, and if they can somehow get the Fresh Prince's writers back in a room, then I think this reboot has some potential.

Except, Fresh Prince isn't either?