The Destined

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Destined, Jul 4, 2007.

?

Who should the 7th and Final member of Nex's Destined be?

Poll closed Nov 8, 2007.
  1. Seymour (FFX)

56.0%
  2. Wario (nintendo)

8.0%
  3. Gaston (Disney)

12.0%
  4. surprise from left field

24.0%
  1. Destined Working for WDW

Kingdom Hearts: The Destined

This is my Story of the Week from may back when, but it's been given a good boost up. I could go on to explain it, but that's not my style. I hope you enjoy more to come. By the way...this is not exactly short...think of it as an epic.

The Destined

Prologue
    One year ago​

The darkness welcomed him. It encompassed his mind, penetrating his soul, but something seemed out of place: I can feel. As this thought echoed in his mind, a blue glow spread out in front of his eyes and a disembodied voice called to him. Fight the darkness and become the embodiment of the light and dark…take my hand, together we can embrace your Destiny.

--Three Months Later--

The sun was cresting over the tired landscape. This morning, something lurked, unchallenged, emotionless. The tranquil morning was shatter when news spread across the kingdom, the royal princess, has been taken.

Soon, metallic stars began twinkling through the early afternoon sky. Militia ships were converging on the traumatized world, twelve ships in all; each with a different design indigenous to the representatives world. The twelve ships began transmitting the necessary docking cods and landing on the castle skydeck. As the representatives exited their ships, rumors began to creep across the world from a declaration of war was being formed, to the conspiracy of a military coup. Still, the 12 individuals walked unencumbered through the castle to the Room of Declarations.

The room was circular, with holo statistic screens linked to each chair that were situated around the room’s focal point; the Triforce pedestal. Ornately carved with glass marble, the Triforce pedestal was carved to represent the very sacred triforce of old. As each individual entered the room, gossip could be heard quietly emulating around a central thought: fear. Two twin frosted glass doors rose up into the ceiling, causing all conversation to halt as the secondary leader entered the room.

She moved with a set grace, an aire of importance, but her complexion spoke a different tone, the last 24 hours having drained most happiness from her solemn eyes, tiredness in her voice. All the representatives rose as she passed, showing different means of respect, whether it be a slight bow or a loyal gesture.

As she rounded the Triforce pedestal, she paused. All eyes followed her gaze to the twin thrones of leadership, where the left throne stood empty.

The room remained silent until the secondary leader took her place on the right throne. She had not asked to have the second throne removed, because she did not desire the royal princess to be….she looked around the room and signaled the representatives to take their seats.

From behind the shadows of the secondary leader’s throne, a small, determined speaker rose to a podium situated near the head of the Triforce Pedestal. He approached a worn leather logbook and cleared his throat. “Your Highness, ladies and gentlemen’, he stated, motioning around the pedestal, ‘you have been called upon as members of divisions of our great kingdom, and liaisons for our allies.â€

Ten sets of eyes moved from the speaker to the two unfamiliar liaisons situated at the far end. The speaker continued without pause, “…today, are the representatives of the Honor Guardsmen to the Royal Families…â€

One man sat on either side of the two thrones each the honorary guardsmen for their leader. The guardsmen situated to the right throne was wearing silver and red battle armor and sporting a steely gaze at each individual as if trying to see into their thoughts. The guardsmen of the empty throne wore a sage green tunic armor and sapphire shield, an oddly shaped sword strapped to his back. His expression was blank, but his eyes betrayed the seriousness of the situation.

“…the generals of our air and space fleets…two agents of the Security & Intel Bureau…Militia Research & Development…myself representing Communication, and finally our liaisons from the Far plane Kingdom; Aeirth, and from Kingdom Hearts, Ansem the Wise. Let us Begin.†The speaker opened the logbook and produced a slim pair of glasses and began transcribing the minutes.

All eyes turned and focused on the leader, who sat high and proper with her gloved hands resting in her lap. She in turn began. “My friends, fellow citizens. Yesterday you each were summoned for your specific expertise and it is our duty here, to understand the abduction in its entirety, and…†Her gaze shifted to the green tuniced guardsmen, “I feel it is important to start at the abduction. Link, if you could.â€

Link’s head was bowed, eyes shut while he cleared his mind. How would he be able to describe this…it wasn’t similar to the past attempts, to the point of emotionless, and those eyes….The room rang with deafening silence, all eyes fixed on Link, many daring not to rush the details. The silence persisted for a handful of moments before Link began.

“This was not like the other times the Princess has been captured, it happened faster than any of her guards, or I, could react. Near dusk, storm clouds began to form over Hyrule Castle and with it; a brown-gray haze slowly blew into the castle. The gaze materialized into a figure of a hooded being carrying one of the sacred key blades inside the throne room. He struck down all the men, barely allowing them to draw their weapons to defend the princess. He approached me, moving without care and as though I didn’t exist, the entire time his eyes never leaving the princess. I attacked the figure, but he struck back and cast me aside with such force that I…failed her.â€

A small murmur rose around the pedestal. “All that I remember is seeing those eyes and hearing him tell Princess Zelda that her destiny was at hand. He reached out and held her arm and they both dissolved.†Link quietly said, returning to his thoughts.

“Thank you Link†the leader quietly expressed, turning her attention to the generals. “Were any ships intercepted leaving Hyrule?†Near the far end of the pedestal, the maroon armor clad Space General Samus Aran motioned towards a holoview of the planet.

“Met Squad and Fox Squad didn’t register any inbound or outbound ships leaving Hyrule and this smaller display shows a 24 hour delay of the ship deck, again, no activity.â€

Next to General Aran, General Fox McCloud rocked back on his seat, two feet propped up on the tablet. “If this mystery assailant appeared out of a haze, it is entirely plausible they left by the same means.â€

The leader worked her gaze to the right of Link, to the Security and Intel representatives. “What were the reports on the guards?â€

Agent Leon Kennedy was glancing through an organized Raccoon City Medical dossier and lowered it to the table. “Not good, all of the guards were killed, autopsy reports indicate that the guards were killed with a large curved blade, but the doctors are still trying to isolate the weapons shape because in each case in appears to alternate.â€

Kennedy looked to his right at the Intel officer who sat polishing his assortment of poke balls. “Mew Intel reports that Koopa-Troopas are gathering along the outskirts of Bowser’s Castle, while the Shadow Realm remains quiet on Hyrule, so this appears that this is a localized incident that could escalate†Officer Ash Ketchum announced, checking the shine of one ball in the light.

Across the table, Luigi piped in with R&D’s findings, “We’ve analyzed the haze from particles in the Hyrule Throne room, but it appears as though the haze was a mere cloud of dust.â€

More reports began streaming in, as some questions were answered while others were heavily debated. As this was transpiring, Ansem the Wise was slowly generating his own thoughts. The way that Link described the abduction, it appeared as though Xehanort had gone behind his back with the experiments…he must contact the king. As Ansem began to rise, a gentle hand grasped his forearm, slowly pulling him back down. “It’s ok, he’ll come.â€

Ansem looked down into the soft, caring eyes of Aeirth peering up at him. All conversation slowly stalled on a report of gathering Metroids. The words brought a chilling calm to the room, as if this statement made everything all right. Aeirth’s smiled, sweeping her eyes around the room before resting on Princess Peach, “He’ll come.â€

A shrill alarm erupted from the holo-displays, breaking the prophetic calm. The room became a flurry of activity as news feeds began streaming in.

“Princess, a large force of metroids are appearing above all eastern worldsâ€

“Security systems are crashing across the kingdomâ€

“Mew Intel is compromised, Team Rocket is attacking Kantoâ€

“We must get you below the bunker your Highnessâ€

“Defensive grid power is down below 30%â€

“EVERYONE, PLEASE.â€

Princess Peach had risen from her throne; the room became silent, except for the occasional computer chirp of chime of new information. “Now then’ Peach calmly asked, looking around the room, ‘Do we know who has declared war?â€

Everyone was staring intently at their displays, trying to sort through the details. Toadstool, meanwhile had received and crept from his podium to Princess Peaches throne. “You’re Highness; you have been requested on video one.†All eyes snapped toward the central display.

A shadowed figure rose in the middle of the pedestal, the only visible characteristics were two golden eyes, an ornately designed curved blade, the rest hidden beneath a swirling gray cloak... The hooded figure cleared his throat and began speaking in an unnaturally icy-calm voice.

“Be est thou of days of old,
    Cometh to Collect.
    This day brings not words to bore,
    But the Key blade War.

I challenge you to a game of duel
    Key blades the chosen weapon.
    But knowest this, one thing shan’t miss
    I’ll know if thou smell of deception.

Another morn, another crime
    Destiny demands.
    Tomorrow at the Sands of Time
    They journey’s meet their ends.

But knowest this,
    If you laugh in jest,
    You’re loyalties shan’t swell
    For the Far plane has already fell.â€​

The holo faded to nothingness, all breathing seemed to have stopped when the hooded figure began speaking. A small gasp echoed from Aeirth. Tears began forming, filling her eyesight. “The lifestream can never die…he’ll come and make it right.†She said this to no one in particular, but everyone understood the message. A group broke off to dissect the message, other’s formed battle strategies, but Ansem the Wise knew that tomorrow would awaken to war...

Chapter 1

“You’re Homeâ€

Looking into Kairi’s smiling face, Sora looks around. No more heartless sulking in the shadows. No more Organization members vying to control Kingdom Hearts, it’s over. He smiles as he and Kairi both clasp the oathkeeper together.

From across the beach, King Mickey smiles, he’s reunited the key bearer with the ones who never gave up on him, his friends. Finally, everything has been put back the way it was, the King thought, wadding in the shallows over to Donald and Goofy. The jubilant reunion should have been one for the ages, but Riku refused to enjoy the moment, with his hands in this pockets he looked out over the sea. He looked out expecting to see endless waves and the occasional seagull, but instead he saw a hazy mirage walking on the surface of the water. Blinking he looked back, she was gone.

“Princess†he whispered. Riku turned back to the group; unbeknownst to him Sora had seen him staring into the sea and was also looking at the area the mirage had been. But Kairi had her eyes fixed on Riku, with a questioning expression. They couldn’t know, Riku thought, they weren’t there.

That evening Riku joined in the celebration, although a sense of longing hovered over his persona.

“You got it Riku, didn’t you?†A small voice spoke startling Riku out of his daydream.

“Huh?†He looked up; Kairi was standing over him holding a bowl of rice.

“You were able to get away from the island; you went on an adventure like you always said you would.â€

“Yea I guess you’re right†he said, accepting the bowl, but only poked around with the chopsticks.

“Come on Riku, what’s the deal? You’ve been sad ever since you guys got back. Did somethi---“Riku quickly rose, startling Kairi.

“I’m fine. Don’t worry about me, I’m just tired.†No you’re not a voice stated in the back of his mind, If you hadn’t given up on Sora, none of this would have happened, You wouldn’t have joined Maleficent or the Organization, and she would still be…†Tell the King goodbye for me, I need some sleep.â€

Kairi was left sitting there on the bend palm tree, staring at Riku as he walked to the docks. “Whatever it was Riku,†she said as she picked up the spilled rice bowl, “It wasn’t your fault.â€

The nightmare came back. He had the same dream for weeks and each time it felt more and more real. A wide open plain surrounded by rocky cliffs, he was standing at a crossroads while two large armies were positioned around the plain on the cliffs...There were always the same two men, one in a green armored tunic, the other in a silvery red body armor…both men advanced towards him…yelling but no words came out…In the middle of the plains next to Riku, she was there…She was dressed in a flowing purple cloak, blonde hair twirling in the wind, eyes deviant and pleading until….

Riku woke up, saturated in a cold sweat. It wasn’t true. It’ wasn’t him…they didn’t see…He messaged the sleep out of his eyes and slipped to sitting on the side of his bed, hands pressed to his head. “I’m sorry Princess…†he said to the walls trying to clear her emerald eyes from his mind.

“I know the truth Riku.†A strong voice from the doorway quietly projected.

Riku looked up, The King was standing in the doorway arms crossed, the golden keyblade perched under his arm. Behind him, another person was there, standing in the shadows.

“You are coming with me. You have to fix this.†Riku backed away, searching for something, anything. He found his keyblade but before he could turn around, a blade was pressed against his throat. He looked down; the keyblade was unlike one he had ever seen in Kingdom Hearts, except in the dream.

“You are coming with us. You are going to end this Keyblade War you started†the figure said moving the blade in the moonlight. Riku looked down the hilt of the blue and golden keyblade and up the green armored tunic, into the blue determined eyes of Link.

Chapter 2

Tell me, how can I prove myself to you?!
    The boy thinks we need him, he is weak.
    But still my lord, there was the incident with…the rogues…
    Hmmm, perhaps not all is lost.
    Riku…

The sounds of dripping water brought Riku back to his surrounds. He looked around, noting that King Mickey and Link were walking silently in front of him, down a long winding gray hallway, that seemed similar to Riku, but he couldn’t place why. The King slowed to match Riku’s pace and turned with a look of sadness in his eyes and calmly started to speak.

“Riku, Do you know where we are? “ Riku shook his head no.

“We are deep below Ansem’s Laboratory, I uncovered something here after the battle against the Organization, it was a small holodisk the likes of which I’ve never seen before. I tried to show it to Leon but he refused saying that it was just another lie. It was in a language I couldn’t understand, until I entered your secret place on Destiny Islandâ€.

Riku stopped walking and paused, the King realizing he had stopped, paused a few steps ahead. “King Mickey, I know that room better than Sora and Kairi, there’s just cave drawings in there.â€

“That’s what I was told too Riku, but I found another secret door.â€

Riku walked ahead in silence. In all my years on that island, I never once saw a door besides the door to other worlds. While Riku pondered this discovery the King was still talking.

“Well, while I entered the room, I found a terminal and this particular holodisk fit inside. Gosh, before I knew it, it started to tell me about other Kingdom’s besides Kingdom Hearts, a war brewing and that Destiny Island was the gateway between the worlds.†Riku was speechless. Destiny Island, HIS Destiny Island was a gateway?

“That’s impossible. Wouldn’t we have known of other Kingdoms?†Link paused turning around, anger in his voice and one hand on his keyblade.

“What it means, is that your island, is the center of the universe, a gateway between the three kingdoms.â€

“Three….three Kingdoms?†Riku stammered. I only know of Kingdom Hearts, I thought the world was part of…it was just a dream…Link had turned now and was advancing towards Riku, the King standing the middle ground, hands held high.

“You know all about the other kingdom, MY kingdom. They planned the attacks, you baited our armies and you killed…†Link trailed off, his expression becoming clouded, he slowly drew his keyblade.

“ENOUGH LINK!†The king declared, brandishing his own keyblade. “That wasn’t Riku; I’ve told you before that it--“Link interrupted, “You keep saying this as if it makes a difference. Other or not, my world still fell.†As the King and Link continued to argue, Riku slowly backed against the wall.

I created…an other…

Suddenly everything made sense to him; the dreams, the appearance of Link, this secret hallway. He had been here before, but not as himself. He was here, when he fell, became a trapped in the darkness, a glowing presence; emotions lost…which meant, his heart created a nobody.

Riku turned to the argument, and placed a hand on the king’s shoulder, immediately silencing the two. “King Mickey is…am I…?†Link turned around and continued walking down the corridor. Mickey sighed and continued on, saying over his shoulder,

“Hurry up Riku, I’ll explain it all when we get there.â€

Riku watched as his ears bounced out of view and looked into the reflexive metal wall. Who am I? What have I…become? The far off drip of water echoed down the corridor as Riku followed Link and the King.

Chapter 3

It felt like hours, but finally, they arrived at the bottom of the swirling staircase to find a door with heavy chains blocking entry. The King walked towards the door and placed his gloved hand on a small glass panel. A laser beam was produced, and proceeded to scan the hand. After a few seconds, the doors internally unlocked.

“This is where I discovered the holodisk, and…†the King cut himself off, looking sadder than pervious, produced his keyblade and with a beam of light, unlocked the door.

The doors instantly parted, releasing a cloud of dust and musty air. The three entered the poorly lit room, to see relics and transcripts etched with dust and a single stringed light bulb flickering above. Riku scanned the room and realized that this was not right.

“King, why did you do that?†Riku asked, pointing to the door.

The king turned and followed the inquiry and sighed again. “I had to unlock the heart of this world otherwise we never would be able to enter. Take a seat Riku. I’ve got a lot of explaining to do.â€

Riku and Link walked further into the room, and seated themselves around a granite table. The King paced in front of them, determining what to say, while Link unsheathed his keyblade and began to polish.

“After Sora locked the heart of Hollow Bastion, a new world began forming, which we know now as Radiant Gardens. While Sora, Donald and Goofy were fighting the heartless, I followed Xehanort back into Ansem’s study and chased him down here.†The King paused for a moment, a far off look in his eyes. “I hid while he met other Organization members down here and they began discussing how best to proceed. Xehanort led them to this small room, where they began discussing this holodisk and something about the piping below Hollow Bastion. When they left to confront Axel, I stayed behind and brought this holodisk with me. After you and Sora returned to Destiny Island, the holodisk opened up a door in the secret palace, inside the disk explained a war I had never before heard of, nor believed could exist. A keyblade war. Riku,†The king turned to him, “Do you remember how Twilight Town was created for lost nobodies, and Traverse Town was created for individuals who lost there world to the heartless? I read after hearing this disk, that Hollow Bastion and Radiant Gardens was created for the souls who lost their Kingdom. This holodisk, is the heart of the Far plane Kingdom.â€

Riku had a hard time soaking all this in. Another Kingdom, a war, and finding out he created a nobody. He turned his attention now to Link who was staring at a faded painting depicting a knight riding a strange bird. “So this Far plane Kingdom, is…was it your home?â€

Link’s eyes stayed fixed on the painting a long while before turning back to the group.

“No. He’s from the other Kingdom.†Mickey answered for Link, standing near a stone pillar. “There was a pillar mentioned to me by Ansem before he past, that it would right a past wrong. This is the pillar pipe to the lost Mushroom Kingdom.â€

2. ShadowofRiku Destiny Islands Resident

That was.................AWESOME...I.....NEED.....MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Destined Working for WDW

wow thanks for the reaction! I've got more ideas in the works and i'll be adding more to the Destined Epic in the main forum thanks again!

4. keylbader_twilight Traverse Town Homebody

OMG!!! That was one of the greatest fanfic I have ever read! (I escpecially like the fact that it's Riku and not Sora) Please keep writting! PLEASE!!!

5. Destined Working for WDW

wow this is great reactions!!! More chapters coming

6. Destined Working for WDW

Chapter 4: Broken Kingdom

It has been a long while since i've updated this fan fic, due primarily to how i wanted to continue...plus work and college. So here it is after a few months

Chapter 4 Broken Kingdom

THE STENCH OF DECAY penetrated every crevase that could be seen. Buildings sat dilapidated, hollowed out by force, rubble lining the dusty path while militia men kept an eye out for disturbances. Tucked near the cities outskirts, sat a grime covered building with a half broken sign swaying in a gentle breeze, a faded sign in the front window advertising vacancy. Of course there was vacancy, a small grizzly man thought eyeing a passing militant, there hasn’t been a guest sing the great war. He sighed staring around the small inn as if seeing the past dancing before his eyes. He recounted the days of steady business, smiling children and joy. Now…
    A soft crash resonated through the floor boards. Not more squatters, he thought, reaching for a candle and his wooden cane.

The innkeeper’s candle cast an eerie glow as it slowly inched down the cellar stairs. He looked around into the dirty shadows, searching for the source o the disturbance. A louder collision sounded from the farthest wall, where beneath a shield of arms sat a door leading to a broom closet that held old furniture and…His pace quickened, and as he reached for the knob, he began to hear garbled conversation.

“It isn’t safe for me to be here your Excellency.”

“It’s all going to be fine we just need to—“

“King Mickey, someone else is here.”

The conversation ceased as the door began opening from the other side, pushed open by a just of wind that caused the candle light to flicker. A blade flashed from the broom closet towards the innkeeper’s throat.

The innkeeper panicked and tried to turn and escape only causing himself to tumble into an overturned dresser, the candle flying from his grip. “Please!” The old man pleaded as the blade grew from one to three moving slowly towards him, “I’m not with them, Hail her Holiness.”

The blades halted, the silver sword slowly retracting and the others following suit. The innkeeper reached across the dirty floor and fumbled with re-lighting the candle, throwing shadows across the mysterious thieves.

“We mean you know harm, we’ve come to help”, the smaller one stated as he swept his arm to the others.

“Harm? Three thieves break into my inn, my home, threaten me with key blades and you say you are here to help?” the innkeeper rebuked, waving his cane as a weapon.

“Hold on, you know what a key blade is?” the younger one asks.

“heh, did you thump your head? Everybody is familiar with key blades since….is this some kind of a joke?”

“No joke,” the younger one said resting against the door frame, “We are…not from around here.”

The innkeeper’s vision began to adjust to the darkness. He could have sworn the smaller one was a talking mouse, he must be dreaming.
    He began to laugh, “And I suppose that you are here to bring help, is that it? I should alert the militants outside to arrest you three for suspicion of thought crimes.”

“I don’t believe that you would do that, Sir Bosku.” The third voice stated, causing the innkeeper’s spine to straighten.

“Who are you?” he more hoped than demanded.

Link moved into the reaches of the light, removing the travel garment, a gasp escaped Bosku, “I’ve been long too long, I’ve returned to right a past wrong.”

Bosku began to quietly cry as he dropped to one knee and proudly began to state,” My Liege you’ve returned, my services are yours in anyway to restore honor to our land.” Link smiled at Sir Bosku, a genuine and proud smile. “I know dear friend, we have much to discuss.”

Chapter 5

Good, you fight for what you desire…
    He will come.
    It is not his destiny.
    I am a leaf on the seas of change…Goodbye Mushroom Kingdom.

Riku…

The darkness was shattered by a lone doorway opening, allowing dim light to slowly eek into the antechamber. “You are useless when you are late” an icy voice announces, ringing through the chamber. Footsteps are heard making their way towards the room’s center, the door having noisily shut blocking out all light once again dowsing the room in shadows. The steps halt near a dark mass concealed behind a stone pillar.

“How can one who is late be useless, if the one is right on time?” the halted footsteps proclaims with an air of sarcasm.

His answer was only that of gears grinding against the far wall, a stone table rising from the ground. “Sit and we shall discuss…you’re usefulness” the icy voice says in a matter that sweeps through every crack of the chamber.

The man proceeds as two other doors around the chamber simultaneously open, revealing two distinct figures approaching the table. The three figures converge around the table, kneeling before it whispering a hymn to the fayths. Three single candles ignite over the heads of each individual present. The light cast dim shadows, allowing a few hints of the characters to become visible. One man was situated with his arms crossed in a swirling gray suit, hood draped over his shoulders, another stood near the far wall, arms crossed as well but wearing a gray cape slowly swaying in the breeze and the footsteps individual was wrapped in the swirling gray body cloak.

A whisper began to flow through the room, quietly dragging particles of dust and dirt towards the center of the table, the candles flickering. As the wind began to increase, the dust became a whipping tornado, drawing more and more into itself and in seconds stood their great leader, Nex.

He smiled a wicked grin, his eyes hovering into your deepest soul as the candle light flickered of his hairless head. He began to laugh, his shoulders rolling while he paced the table. “I sense a problem, dear brothers, we are tricked. Two of our brethren have fallen to flaws of their own greed. This is a mere setback, the prophecy shall become destined.” A murmur of agreement swept the chamber.

“Our destiny, Mother…” Sephiroth whispered glancing up toward the darkened dome. The hooded suit sneered in his direction.

“There you go, Mother this, and Mother that. She was the one who almost destroyed us all two years ago, if you hadn’t forgotten. I almost cheered for the Soldier.” A sweeping motion cuppeled with the scrap of metal brought Sephiroth’s blade to meet the hooded suits blade.

“ENOUGH” bellowed Nex, his eyes blazing with fury. “We have lost two brothers already, more loss would be futile.”

The standoff lasted a few more seconds before the gray cloaked man removed his hood, allowing his golden eyes to burn in the candlelight. “He survived.”

Both Sephiroth’s and the hooded suit’s heads turned towards the new voice, Nex swiveling on his heels. “Speak dear boy, what news do you bring?”

The Golden-eyed man smirked “He survived the fall of Hyrule.” The man reached into his pocket and produced a small blue data screen. “He and two others have unlocked the Hollow world, they are coming to fight.”

Nex erupted into chilling laughter. “So the fool thinks he will be welcomed back? This is the time we were hiding for, they have unsealed the pillar to the lost kingdom, we will return as well. Go.”

With that Nex drained away to mere dust particles, while the others were left in the antechamber. A grinding metal on metal noise began clanking away on the far wall, and far above, the domed ceiling began retracting on itself. A blue glow bled down towards the men, forcing them to block the glare. As the grinding stopped, the golden-eyed man looked up into the far off Heart of all Worlds and raised his hood back over his head, “You’re destiny is coming, Kingdom Hearts.”

Note: I created the character Nex back before it was revealed that it is Xenhanort...hence the play on the name Nex = Xehanort. Also the Destined members are the golden eyed crew cut man, Sephiroth, a gray cloaked suited being and Nex.

More chapters coming and as always comments are appreciated.

7. keylbader_twilight Traverse Town Homebody

Awesome!!! I know I wrote a little bit aobut your previous chapter. That was freakin sweat!!! Keep writting, your stories are very impressive.

8. Destined Working for WDW

Chapter 6: Shattered Borders and Chapter 7: New Enemies

Chapter 6 Shattered Borders

It had been a long time since Sora awoke to the sounds of the pounding surf off of Destiny Island. He slowly opened his eyes, expecting to be dreaming aboard his gummi ship; instead, he was greeted by a warm breeze and the early rays of the morning. He was home. Sora slowly rolled up onto his knees and closed his eyes. Roxas. The warm feeling of closure and the countless victories over the last few years made this moment seem like he was flying again around Neverland, saving Kairi again, back at Twilight Town. Sora sighed, no more grant adventures, just him, Kairi and Riku. He smiled to himself, content to share this with-

A scream ripped across Destiny Island, Sora jolted upright. He had heard it coming from the secret place. He knew that voice.

Kairi.

Leaping hand over foot, he staggered to the entrance, out of breath, wielding the keyblade, prepared for any attack. One thought flashed through his head, Kairi. She wasn’t here. He slowly entered and walked around the cave, allowing his eyes to adjust to the darkness.

“Kairi, where are you?” Sora whispered, eyeing the shadows and corners, expecting a heartless to attack.

None did, but as soon as his eyes completely adjusted, Sora was able to make out a small trapdoor beneath the hidden door. That’s strange, he thought, where did that come fro- Sora cut himself off when looking down he saw Kairi’s oathkeeper charm wedged under the trapdoor. Another muffled scream came again, this time directly below Sora. He leapt without knowing what to do, clamoring through the door, Kairi, hang on. He inched his way down, careful to not cause his presence to be revealed. Gazing down the dusty ladder, only darkness greeted Sora, he leapt, down into the void, unafraid.

Chapter 7 New Enemies

Sora came down to land besides a pile of cavern debris and a pair of gray garb, one overly large and bigger than anything Sora could imagine fit inside, and another that was singed shreds of burnt fabric. Kairi.

He moved slowly along the far side cavern wall, using his left hand as his eyes, and his right latched around the Oathkeeper charm. As he progressed further, he began to feel the moisture rising inside the tunnel. Am I under the ocean? Why haven’t we discovered this passage before….oh Kairi, I’m coming.

Sora stumbled in the blanket of darkness, it felt heavy, like a body...
    A flood of images raced past Sora’s inner eye. Hollow Bastion. Kairi laying unconscious, Xehanort, the dark realm, Doorway to Darkness, Kairi.

Please, he begged, don’t be her, don’t be her. He fumbled around on hands and knees reaching out, trying to find something to cling to, something to...

He stopped, he had tripped over a overturned armoire. What was an armoire doing beneath the island he wondered as he brushed himself of unwanted dust particles. Further down the tunnel he crept, ever searching for a hint of voices or a clue left by Kairi. Deeper and deeper the tunnel decented and as he went, he began to notice the surroundings were slowly getting brighter the further down he traveled, a glimmer of a thought rang through his minds eye.
    It could work Sora.

Are you sure?

I don’t know, we are making this up as we go right?

Suddenly, a gruff rumble of laughter echoed from the bottom of the tunnel stopping Sora in his tracks, the Kingdom Key transforming into the Oathkeeper within seconds. Sora remained there, daring not to breath, waiting for another sign. He could hear a pair of strained voices rising from what appeared to be a side cavern.

“They are more prepared than I would have originally forseen, but no matter, we have the Princess of Hearts, and that is all the bargaining chip we shall require.”

“Easy for you to say, you blend into the surroundings a bit better than me. They think they can persuade me to invade a city state I can attack any time I please, then demand I spy for them. Buddy, No one tells ME what to do.”

“Patience, my informant believes that a border was breached from this side before we arrived. It could be that they have other things to worry about than a few loose ends.”

Sora maneuvered himself near the caverns entrance and nearly allowed himself to ruin Roxas’ plan, if you could call it a plan. Sora sidestepped across the entrance and was able to get a clear look at the 2 enemies. One resembled a large man masked in a green tinted skin and flowing multi-colored robes. Next to him sitting upon a huge armchair that could pass as a throne was a giant of an animal with a large shell and spikes along its ridge. In the center of the chamber inside a proportioned bubble, slept Kairi.

The man moved forward towards a bank of viewscreens with data numbers whizzing along. His brow furrowed as he swept his gaze from monitor to monitor. “He’s not registering on your grid.”

Whatareyoutalkingabout?! That little pip-squeak tries anything he’ll be getting it” the reptilian being declared, slamming his fists upon the daize.

The shock of the jolt caused a series of boulders and rocks to release a minor cave-in further down the tunnel. No going back now. Sora thought as he re-adjusted his grip on oathkeeper. He stepped into the chamber, and advanced on the two. The man saw through his periphial vision the attack, and deftly dodged and rolled to his feet, a long sword extending from his own hand.

“So you made it this far in such short time, you have impressed me,” the man grinned as he pivoted into the cavern towards Kairi,"But on that hand, how can you protect and beat your girlfriends kidnapper?”

“She’s not my girlfriend” Sora stated through pressed teeth.

“Good choice for her,” The reptile lurched off of the throne, a large clublike keyblade swinging towards Sora.

“My, my how time has flown. You beat Xehanort, his pitiful Organization, and how you think you can take on Xehanort’s true allies? Sorry to break it to you child, but this isn’t your destiny.” The man sneered as he flew into a barrage of attacks and blocks as Sora rapidly and deftly dodged and counter-attacked.

Stars erupted in front of Sora’s eyes, he collapsed barely alert as the 2nd enemy lowered his club to his feet. The man seemed disappointed as he punched a code into the data file.

“Pity, it’s a shame Xen won’t be in control over this situation, let alone realize the mistake he made ordering us around Lord Bowser.”

“You got that right Gannon,” Bowser laughed his evil meanical laugh and picked up Kairi and Sora, moving them towards a odd pillar in the floor before Sora blacked out....

9. Destined Working for WDW

Chapter 8: The Penetant Man Chapter 9: He Never Came

Chapter 8 The Penetant Man

The building swayed ever so slightly with the evening breeze as King Mickey and Riku found themselves removed from Link and Bosku’s discussion 4 hours ago. They had explored the house, and each now resting on the staircase listening to the stillness outside and the occasional creaking floorboards. Putting down a small meal, Riku looked up at the King, who responded by releasing a slow sigh.

“You must have a lot of questions” the king said looking at Riku. He almost smiled as Riku was dressed as his old friend Ansem the Wise.

“You said that I had an other...meaning I have a nobody?”

The king leaned back gazing up at the night sky through a curtained window.

“I believe that when Maleficent opened your heart to darkness, part of you entered both worlds; like Sora. However Sora and Kairi were thrown into the dark realm becoming heartless and nobodies. But you never became a heartless, only you left imprints of yourself in both worlds, therefore I believe that what you created and what Ansem also believed was that you were an abnormality: a heartless nobody.”

A soft cough broke the tension as Link came through the rooms archway, his eyes seemingly alive with a determined glint. “We would like you both to join us.”

The three entered the small sitting room, now littered with schematics and electronic devices. Bosku was seated in an overstuffed chair scribbling notes from a memo in his hand. Looking up, he beckoned them to sit.

“Link tells me that you both are from Kingdom Hearts. Tell me, how is Ansem? We lost contact with him when the war began.”

Riku lowered his gaze while the King cleared his throat, “Ansem the Wise gave his life battling Organization XIII and saved our Kingdom.”

A hushed silence permiated the room, as each person remembered the late Ansem. A moment later, Bosku gazed up at the King, a far off look in his eyes. “Ansem the Wise was a good friend, it was an honor serving him before the Declaration.”

Riku turned, slightly surprised.” You served Ansem?”

The far off look returned as Bosku spoke like he was reliving it moment by moment. ”When the delegates arrived, Her Holiness asked me to assist Ansem during his stay. The man was extremely cheerful; given the situation, he discussed the vastness of your worlds and introduced me to some salty-sweet ice cream…”Riku smiled to himself, that was the Ansem he knew.

Far off, a grandfather clock chimed, announcing the 3rd hour. The echo drew Bosku from his momentary trance. He looked around his scattered papers and lifted a holo pamphlet and a laser point.

“Ever since…the downfall, militants have been patrolling every inch of market, road, and sky waiting to catch any trouble makers or patriots. Only problem for them is they haven’t checked underground.” The King and Riku traded quizzical looks while Link merely smiled.

“The townsfolk and I were devising a series of escape routes and communication centers beneath Hyrule Castle Graveyards in case of an enemy attack and time called for its use.”

Riku sat back amazed, “The people all agreed to this?”

“of course,” Bosku chuckled, “We all knew a war would eventually break, and we were not sure we would exactly…like the new neighbors. After Her Holiness’ murder and Link’s disappearance, we always hoped he would return to save Hyrule. This time, we would be able to help him. So call it a check on anarchy.”

The King perked up, “Golly how do we find this center? Especially without the guards knowing?”

Link rose from the table, a small book with gold pages swinging at his side. “The penitent man will pass…”

“…He who is humble, and kneels before our Holiness” Bosku finished. Link slid the book across the table into the King and Riku’s view. “Sleep well new friends, Tomorrow shall awaken to a new day.”

Chapter 9: He Never Came

The harmony of market vendors vying to draw more attention to themselves and the din of the fellow consumers slowly ebbed to a few scattered conversations as the sun began to give way to the evening. Guards monitored the crowds as people quietly returned to their homes, few passing the dilapidated churches and giving them a second look, all but one child.

This small child was wrapped in plain colored cloth always smiling as she routinely passed the Temple of Twilight. Every brick, each dust covered mosaic window put the child at peace; if only for a moment. She often thought a person resided inside, singing a quiet song to ward off sadness.

The village child stared at the doors transfixed and without realizing, walked into a tall man. “I’m…I’m s-sorry” the child stammered, fear in her eyes.

“It’s all right, we both were thinking of another world” the man smiled.

The child stood still for a moment, realizing this man wasn’t a fearful guard and warmly returned the smile and with a slight giggle ran off.
    Riku watched the girl go, a sadness growing in his heart.

Kairi….Sora…he longed to be back relaxing on Destiny Island, imagining sailing for other worlds, adventures abound; but those days were long gone, left in there wake only war, deception and sacrifice; he released a sigh and entered into the temple.

It was like stepping into another world.

The trickling sunlight cast colorful displays across stone statues and paintings representing glorious victories and past times. Link removed his hood and abruptly stopped walking, his hand slowly moving towards his keyblade, his eyes resting on a cloaked figure kneeling before a large scale blown glass tri-force and in its center, the sarcophagus of her Holiness, Princess Zelda.

The group remained where they were, not sure if the figure knew they had entered or if the figure was an enemy. The figure remained kneeling, moving it’s hands across the tuft of soil resting at the memorials base. A calm voice began to sing to the soil, the vrabatos and flow seeming to enchant the soil. Bosku gasped as a single red rose blossomed from the soil. The song slowly subsided as the figure picked the rose, tenderly lifting it to smell the sweet fragrance.

Link slowly walked forward, removing his hand from his keyblade. He reached down and gently rested his hand on the cloaked shoulder. Tears slowly streamed down the figures face as she turned her head to look at the group, Riku and King Mickey staring amazed.

“You came!” Aerith cried jumping up and embracing a surprised Link. “I knew you would come Cloud.”

The chamber of Destiny’s silence was shattered as the three doors were blasted open, the three hooded members thrown inside.
    “What news my bretheren?” Xen demanded his pace quickening as the three assumed their seats.

“He has returned to Hyrule and is inside the pathetic shrine these pathetic villagers revel in so.” The hooded suit stated.

Xen smiled, his wicked teeth bristling at the news, “I thank you Giovanni you have served me well since we began this quest for our Destiny.” Giovanni smiled beneath his hood as he stroked his jet black Persian’s head.

“I have word about the Rogues, they have infiltrated Kingdom Hearts and taken 2 prisoners, it is not clear as to there intentions. It worries me that they have broken the borders, something isn’t right.” Announced the golden-eyed figure.

“If he is there, then I will be honored to take them myself my liege.” Sephiroth proclaimed. His words were met by the icy glare of Xen as he halted pacing.

“Send you? Why would I send you Sephiroth? You let the boy escape in 3 separate duels with you. I fear you may be in over your head.”

Sephiroth leapt upon the granite tablet his long sword drawn flat against Xen’s exposed neck. “He defeated me once on Midgar. The two incidents in Kingdom Hearts were forfeited by the weakling. You will remember that I struck him down on Zanarkand.”

“It is true, but perhaps you shall require some…persuasion.” Xen clicked his fingers together and a platform rose from the floor. A being rested inside, suspended in a fabricated dream-state.

“Dest my dear boy, were you able to recover the chest?”

The Golden-eyed boy tilted his head and reached for the chest. “It is as you command.”

Immediately the being convulsed, as the chest passed from Dest’s hands to Xens.

“You will accompany Sephiroth to Hyrule, you will make sure he doesn’t fail.” The being’s eyes burned into Xen’s and vice versa, until it agreed.

“Go.” Xen commanded as Giovanni, Dest, Sephiroth and the enslaved being vanished. “Bring me the boys keyblade.”

The group stood where they had, all unsure as to address Aerith. It was a few moments before King Mickey stepped forward and motioned for the others to do the same.

“Aeirth…do you know who we are?” the King asked.

“Of course I do your highness” She smiled, extending a finger as she spoke each name, “Sir Bosku, Riku, you your Highness and Cloud.”

Link slowly stepped away from Aerith. “My name is Link, Honorary Gaurdsman to her Holiness. You and I were introduced over a year ago at the Declaration.”

“No” a frown formed on her face, “You are Cloud Strife, former S.O.L.D.I.E.R., Midgar Province of the Farplane Kingdom” She stammered, glancing down at the rose.

“I’m sorry, I’m not-“

“Dilly Dally! I’ll prove it to you!” In one fluid movement Aerith reached and with a tremendous jerk forced Link to kneel besides her at the memorials base. “Akitafuse Bongenit” she whispered.

“NO!” screamed Bosku throwing aside his cane as he tried to tackle Aerith but was greeted with a face full of dust and empty air and neither Aerith nor Link appeared to never have existed.

“What happened?” Riku demanded, shifting his eyes around the Temple, his keyblade swinging in his right hand.

“She knows” Bosku choked through fear, “She knows the sacred spell that gaurds the underground…”

As abruptly as she had vanished, Aerith returned standing a few feet away. “Sir Bosku, why are you laying on the floor?” she giggled.

In a gust of strength, Bosku had propelled himself off the floor and pinned Aerith against the Temples foundational pillar. “Three people knew that prayer, Her Holiness, Link and myself. How did you discover it?! ANSWER ME!”

Aerith collapsed onto the marble floor gasping for air and tears streaming down her cheeks. “She…She told me..before…”

The king walked over to Aerith as she softly cried. “Aeirth…where is Link?”

She gazed up into his caring eyes and wiped her eyes with the back of her hand. “I took Cloud down to the Holosphere Archives to prove who he is.”

“Let’s go.” Bosku stated, checking a holo display. He began to move towards the memorial as a shadow fell upon the Temple, cloaking it in a gray haze. The silence surrounded the group as the only noise they could hear was coming from their own heartbeat. Suddenly a large chorus of clapping broke the silence from behind the statue of the former King of Hyrule.

“Well done, well done. Mother was right, this church is nothing more than a façade, yet it intrigues me to see you again Aerith. After all, last I remember, you were sinking into the lifestream?”

“Sephiroth” Aerith whispered still clutching her sore throat. “you can’t be here. Cloud-“

“Cloud was weak. It was brave of him to try and take me on in the Chamber, but his heart wasn’t…in the right place.”

“That’s not true…Cloud-“

“is dead.” Sephiroth breathed through a large evil smile, “as will you three.”

“No. Sora defeated you twice, you should be a piece of cake1” Riku stated, rushing forward swinging his keyblade in a high arch. Sephiroth unsheathed his long, slender sword and gave chase.

Parry, thrust, block, sidestep, jab, block, counter-attack. In wave after wave the sounds of metal rang through the holy temple, neither Riku nor Sephiroth backing down. A flurry of chops nearly took off Riku’s head, and as he dodge rolled away an image of Sora flashed in his mind. Come on Riku, he can’t beat you that easily. A swelling of adrenaline launched Riku forward driving off a strike to the chest. While the battle progressed, Bosku whispered the prayer to the king and watched as the king vanished. Bosku rushed forward, trying to get to Aerith but she instead cast the prayer at him and sent him away. Her eyes were crystal clear, determination stemming from her every pore.

Cloud…

Riku was beginning to tire, each new blow slowly driving him to his knees. Sephiroth stepped back, clearly out of breath, the sweat dripping from both forheards.

“Good you fight for what you desire, what you believe in: others. But it’s a pity that Mother has chosen your destiny this way.” He raised the sword high and began plunging it downwards, Riku closed his eyes waiting.

The blade passed down through Aerith, who leapt to protect Riku. He snapped his eyes open, shocked at deeply saddened. Sephiroth dropped his sword to his side and smiled before vanishing. Riku knelt down lifting Aerith’s head into his lap. She looked up at him, a feeling of peace before her lips parted and phrased a sentence that Riku was unable to hear. His eyes widened as he vanished and landed besides Link, Bosku and Mickey in a large library.

“She’s….she’s dead.” Riku stuttered staring where her head momentarily had been.

Aerith lay on the cold floor her eyes closed as she invisioned herself walking down a narrow stretch of road towards Cloud. Her pain was slowly leaving her, releasing her from her body. It felt inexplainable. She looked up at Cloud as she approached him, she felt a longing, a longing to fix her mistake, to punish Sephiroth, a wish for the Farplane Kingdom. She opened her eyes. The stretch of road dissolving into a white haze, Cloud's voice trailing off, Not yet. Out of the haze, the gray ceiling loomed miles away it seemed. A shadow stood a few feet away, watching her as she struggled with her last moments of life. They locked eyes. He leaned down and scooped her into his arm and claw, and whispered into her ears as she began to lose consciousness.

“Do you fear death?”

10. Destined Working for WDW

come on folks, please comment so i know if this is any good

11. keylbader_twilight Traverse Town Homebody

Sorry! Sorry! This is sooooooo good! If yu stop writing...I'll do something bad to you! Yeah! I'll hit you wih pickles the first! *pulls out pickle* Yah! Update!

12. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

13. Destined Working for WDW

thanks! more coming probably tomorrow afternoon, gotta love college midterms!

update coming, and not sure how to take that pickle joke.....it's ironic actually. but the update is coming right after my stupid college midterms are over :(

14. Near Gummi Ship Junkie

This is a good story ^^.

15. Destined Working for WDW

Chapter 10: Outcast Bay

Chapter 10 Outcast Bay

The early morning sun burned through the air, scorching everything in it’s path. Everything slowly began to register as Sora stretched and shielding his eyes from the early morning rays on Destiny Island. Sora, Roxas yelled this isn’t the island!

Sora sat bolt upright, his head slamming into a large metal cot situated across from the window.

“Oy, who’s there?” a voice trailed from an adjacent cell.

Sora stood rubbing his head as he looked around the cramped cell, trying to remove the cobwebs of sleep from his head. “Who’s there” Sora countered moving towards the barred door.

“I should think it ill advised to ask a question of which you’ve not responded…you’re not a parrot are you?” the voice responded.

Sora cramped his head against the bars and was just able to see into a corner of the neighboring cell. “Give it a rest Sparrow, the kids new” another voice from across the hall declared.

“CAPTAIN, Captain Jack Sparrow if you please.”

“JACK!” Sora cried, “It’s me, it’s Sora!”

From the next cell, Sparrow strode over toward the bars. “Sora you say? Am I dreaming?”

“No.”

“I thought not, if there was there would be rum. How is it that rescue my world, win the bonnie lass and find yourself imprisoned on this forsaken spit of land?”

Sora racked his brain, the last few memories a blur. “My world was attacked; I think. Kairi was kidnapped by two strangers, and before I blacked out I heard one say the name Gannon.”

“No…” the voice whispered from across the hall.

“This name mean anything to you lad?” Sparrow questioned, rolling a gold medallion across his knuckles.

“Gannon….I’m assuming the other was a large reptilian. Son, is your world Destiny isle?” His voice barely above a whisper, fearing the world may hear.

“How did you guess that?” Sora asked, leaning his head to the side.

The voice remained silent for a moment, collecting his thoughts as the words echoed through the dungeon. He coughed and turned to address a prisoner a few cells away, “It’s as we feared Ash, those two are part of the Destined.”

In the far cell, a teenager sat with his back against the bars, a tattered red hat resting on his right knee. Ash Ketchum turned his head, looking his steel eyes with Sora. Sora remained staring at Ash but addressed the voice, “Who are you?” how does he know about my island? Who are these Destined? Kairi…Riku…

From across the hall, the man rose to his feet and walked towards the jail cell door. The light reflected off of a grime covered red armor and his face masked behind a tangled beard.

“My name is Mario. We have much to discuss.”

The hours dragged by and with it, a silent eerie guard floated about each level and cell, calling out numbers and checking them on a transparent list.

The guard briefly paused in front of Sora’s cell and in a metallic whispy voice announced, “Outcast 3029, you are hereby sentenced to one life sentence for the murder of Ansem the Wise with evidence supplied to the Council as per the Order 66a. Welcome to Outcast Bay.” The guard floated on to the next cell on his list and began reciting a different sentence as Sora fell back onto his bunk slack-jawed.

“Oy, didn’t take you for a real pirate mate. Did he try to woo your dear ol’ lass eh?” Jack questioned as he fiddled with an object inside his vest.

“Sparrow, that will never work, you’ve been at it for weeks.” Mario wearily commented as he moved deeper into his cell.

“Do not underestimate her lad, she’s never once failed me.” He smiled and continued tinkering in his cell.

Ansem….life sentence….Order 66a….nothing was making any sense. Sora closed his eyes, trying to sort his thoughts. That’s it Sora, Roxas stated as Sora eyed his cell for any cameras. Finding he was alone, he reached into his coat pocket and picked up Kairi’s charm. Instantly a warm feeling or happiness coursed through his body. As a smile formed at his lips, the Oathkeeper digitized into his hand. He smiled, twirling the keyblade between his hands, the pieces slowly fitting into place.

“Jack, you never did tell me how you escaped from Port Royal.”

Jack sat on his cot with his compass twirling in his lap. “It so happens that I fought off all of Norington’s and Becket's men with not but a rusty saber and commandeered the Dauntless all by me self.”

“Really? I thought Will said it was a matter of leaverage…or opportune moments…” Jack grimaced, another story bites the dust. It looks like he my have to come up with…he looked up, raising an eyebrow. “Speak your thoughts dear boy.”

“I think this prison is more of an actual…guideline that rule.” Sora responded, winking as Mario and Ash looked uncertain. Sora gazed around at the other faces and shrugged,

“Pirate.”

Word quickly and quietly spread amongst the other prisoners, Outcast 3029 was planning an escape. Through the rest of the day and early afternoon, snippets and scarps of paper found their way to Sora outlining passages, guard routines, requests for release, prayers, and many mentioning a chamber of the taken, where all the possessions were rumored to be stored.

Sora spend the majority of his few hours thinking about the events thus far. Where is Riku?? He should have heard Kairi’s scream, why didn’t he come to her rescue like Sora? Was he kidnapped separate? A flood of unanswered questions screamed through his mind as he stared out a small barred window at a distant destroyed city.

He jumped as a quick whistle cracked his daydream, he turned to see Mario and Ash near there barred doors, Sparrow offering a quick salute as Outcasts with backgrounds as diverse as the stars readied themselves. The silent work immediately stopped as the floating guard passed down the hall. After passing Sora’s cell, a small object shot in front of the guard. It halted, head swiveling to see the source of the disturbance. Beneath the guard lay an innocent sphere.

“Pardon me tin cup, but it would appear as though a member of my rock collection is trying to make a break for it. Just plop it back in me hand and me rocks and I’ll be happy, savvy?” Sparrow asked, lazily rolling another sphere in his palm.

“Outcast 1321, no prisoner is allowed any hostile projectiles. As per Order 86, it will be confiscated.”

“Alas, we have an accord. Be free young Wilbert” Jack sang as the guard’s robotic arm grasped the ball.

It happened instantaneously.

The ball erupted wit light, blinding the guard as 4 more balls cracked to life. Ash began issuing commands. As his pokemon fought the guard, Sora lifted the Oathkeeper, a friendly beam erupting from the end unlocking his cell. Swinging the blade, he began unlocking the cells nearest to him.

The guard was hit with a combination of Fire Wheel, Ice-Beam and Solar Leaf; it’s body colliding with the concrete, both golden optics fading to nothingness. As quickly as the attack unfolded, the pokemon vanished back into their respective balls and returned to Ash, Jack sheathed the guards odd-fitting sword and Mario staring around, a new energy burning in his eyes. The 4 stood in the hall, cheers and applause erupting around them as those Sora was momentarily able to free approached him as if he was a dream.

“Let’s go we’ve got our work cut out for us” Mario stated as Sora stared up in awe at the immense number of Outcasts, pleading for rescue. Sora set a determined face and he and Oathkeeper danced in the hall of Outcast Bay...

16. Destined Working for WDW

Any takers to have their own character? Anyone....anyone...Bueller...Bueller

17. Destined Working for WDW

Chapter 11 coming Friday

hey all, This friday I will have uploaded Chapter 11 and hope to have Chapter 12 done by Sunday night. So i have 4 spots still open if anybody wants to join Sora's army.

Thanks for enjoying!!

18. Destined Working for WDW

Chapter 11: The Holosphere Tale

Chapter 11 The Holosphere Tale

The low hum of information terminals and the occasional drip of water were the only sounds to penetrate the heavy silence inside of the Holosphere Archives. Riku sat motionless; his mind picturing Aerith’s last moments over and over again in his mind. She shouldn’t have done risked her life, it should be me dead not her. A chill bled down his spine. His mind eye replaying the look on Sora’s face after Kairi lost her heart…to Ansem…to him.

Riku had been deep in his subconscious state and never realized that the King, Bosku and Link were kneeling around Riku. “Son, it is a tragedy, but as long as she found peace, then that is all we can ask.” Bosku quietly said, not wanting to truly believe his own words.

Link remained staring at Riku, seeing the grief and anguishes in his eyes and finally understood. “King Mickey, I’m sorry for doubting you, Riku wasn’t the one who murdered her Holiness, I can see the truth in his eyes.”

King Mickey closed his eyes, a single tear cascading down to the point of his chin. Link removed a small object from his belt, gazing upon it he smiled. He quietly began playing a slow calming hymn through his ocarina. The song rose and crescendoes as if a faint ocean breeze was moving the water beneath it. Bosku smiled through bloodshot puffy eyes and began singing along:
    “Ieyui
    Nobomeno.
    Re-n, mi-ne
    Yo-ju, yo-go.
    Hase teka na-e,
    Kuta ma-e.”

A warm peace brushed across the group, as one by one, they rose feeling as at peace as they could under the circumstances.

“Friends, let’s set out to end this war.” Mickey declared, grinning his disarming smile at Riku. Link pushed open the sliding mosaic doors and they each entered the Holosphere Archives.

“I have no idea how to work this” Bosku swore, slamming his hands down upon the view screen.

For the last hour, the group had traversed nearly every catalogue of information, trying to discover the weakness to end the war. They had all surrounded the center display projector and Bosku frustratingly tried to remember the key code. The computer displayed yet another error code before Bosku stalked away, defeated.

“Link why do we even need to fiddle with this? Why not just find the information on our own?” Riku asked, having completed drawing Destiny Island in the soft earth.

“Because even if we do find the holosphere we need, this projector is the only way of retrieving the information. The key code was a security feature that randomly changed after a set time.”

“If only that ruddy computer was able to talk I’d give it a piece of my mind” Bosku mumbled, pacing back and forth trying to work the code out in his head.

“That’s it!” Mickey cried, reaching into his travel cloak, removed a small disk. He inserted the disc into a designated slot under the input screen. A new screen flashed across, this time a text box.

Hello your Highness. It’s good to be talking to a user again. The screen flashed. Mickey smiled at the others.

“Folks I’d like you to meet the Radiant Garden Security program, Tron.” Bosku returned to the projector, pausing before typing, he looked at the King.

“Go ahead, just ask Tron what you want.”

We need to access the key code to

The keycode is TK421 and I already unlocked the security, welcome user.

Bosku stared at the screen dumbfounded. “It should work.”

Instantly the projector burst to life, colors dancing across the room as holosphere entries began to flash across the walls. He looked back at Link quizzically. Link shrugged, “The only way King Mickey and Riku can understand is from the beginning…start with the Declaration.”

Bosku entered the words and instantly an image paused in the center display with a question mark asking to proceed. Yes. Bosku typed. As he hit input, the rooms natural lighting slowly lowered, the projector dimming momentarily.

As if being born out of a dream, the group found themselves standing around a large meeting table, many faces unfamiliar to Riku, but Link seemed stared transfixed at a more rigid, determined version of himself situated near the front of the table.

“Bosku, we need sound.” Instantly the conversation was audible.

Small talk dinned around the room as the more members found their place around the table. Link still stared straight ahead, but began explaining.

“The day the Princess was kidnapped, Princess Toadstool of Mushroom Palace issued an emergency meeting of the heads of each major security department in Mushroom Kingdom, and the two ambassadors Ansem the Wise…and Aerith.”

Ansem the Wise entered from outside the holospheres range, followed a few steps back by a more dignified Bosku. He handed Ansem a leaflet of papers all the while babbling on about what the villager’s lives were like. Bosku sheepishly smiled. Aerith then entered escorted by a young woman no older than 15.

“Yuri, I had forgot about her. She joined the rebellion right after we declared war…she was extremely headstrong, I wonder whatever happened to her…”

The group looked on as the Declaration began.

From outside the holosphere’s range, a small, determined speaker rose to a podium situated near the head of the Triforce Pedestal. He approached a worn leather logbook and cleared his throat.

“Your Highness, ladies and gentlemen’, he stated, motioning around the pedestal, ‘you have been called upon as members of divisions of our great kingdom, and liaisons for our allies.”

Fourteen sets of eyes moved from the speaker to Ansem and Aerith, situated at the far end. The speaker continued without pause, “…today, are the representatives of the Honor Guardsmen to the Royal Families…”

One man sat on either side of the two thrones each the honorary guardsmen for their leader. The guardsmen situated to the right throne was wearing silver and red battle armor and sporting a steely gaze at each individual as if trying to see into their thoughts.

“Mario, that man could make the best Italian food you’d have ever known, excellent swordsmen, also rescued his Princess multiple times…” Link commented prophetically.

Link sat next to the empty throne wearing a sage green tunic armor and sapphire shield, his keyblade strapped to his back. His expression was blank, but his eyes betrayed the seriousness of the situation.

“…the generals of our air and space fleets…two agents of the Security & Intel Bureau…Militia Research & Development…myself representing Communication, and finally our liaisons from the Far plane Kingdom; Aeirth, and from Kingdom Hearts, Ansem the Wise. Let us Begin.” The speaker opened the logbook and produced a slim pair of glasses and began transcribing the minutes.

All eyes turned and focused on the leader, who sat high and proper with her gloved hands resting in her lap. She in turn began.

“My friends, fellow citizens. Yesterday you each were summoned for your specific expertise and it is our duty here, to understand the abduction in its entirety, and…” Her gaze shifted to the green tuniced guardsmen, “I feel it is important to start at the abduction. Link, if you could.” Link shifted slightly, his eyes viewing the distant past.

Link’s head was bowed, eyes shut while he cleared his mind. Riku looked at both Links’, realizing that this is where his nobody entered the story. The room rang with deafening silence, all computerized and organic eyes fixed on Link, many daring not to rush the details. The silence persisted for a handful of moments before Link began.

“This was not like the other times the Princess has been captured, it happened faster than any of her guards, or I, could react. Near dusk, storm clouds began to form over Hyrule Castle and with it; a brown-gray haze slowly blew into the castle. The haze materialized into a figure of a hooded being carrying one of the sacred key blades inside the throne room. He struck down all the men, barely allowing them to draw their weapons to defend the princess. He approached me, moving without care and as though I didn’t exist, the entire time his eyes never leaving the princess. I attacked the figure, but he struck back and cast me aside with such force that I…failed her.” A small murmur rose around the pedestal. “All that I remember is seeing those eyes and hearing him tell Princess Zelda that her destiny was at hand. He reached out and held her arm and they both dissolved.” Link quietly said, returning to his thoughts.

“Thank you Link” the leader quietly expressed, turning her attention to the generals. “Were any ships intercepted leaving Hyrule?”

Riku silently dropped his gaze to the floor, his nobody with the strength and determination similar to Organization XIII…but destiny, what part did it have anything to do with Princess Zelda?

As the holosphere continued, Mickey perked up half focused on the holosphere. “You see Link, Ansem was right, a nobody was created of Riku after Ansem’s heartless took control of his heart at Hollow Bastion."

The leader worked her gaze to the right of Link, to the Security and Intel representatives. “What were the reports on the guards?”

Agent Leon Kennedy was glancing through an organized Raccoon City Medical dossier and lowered it to the table. “Not good, all of the guards were killed, autopsy reports indicate that the guards were killed with a large curved blade, but the doctors are still trying to isolate the weapons shape because in each case in appears to alternate.” Kennedy looked to his right at the Intel officer who sat polishing his assortment of poke balls.

“Mew Intel reports that Koopa-Troopas are gathering along the outskirts of Bowser’s Castle, while the Shadow Realm remains quiet on Hyrule, so this appears that this is a localized incident that could escalate” Officer Ash Ketchum announced, checking the shine of one ball in the light.

Link dropped his eyes, a lot of people were lost in this war, Ash…I wonder if he'll ever be the same.

Across the table, Luigi piped in with R&D’s findings, “We’ve checked the haze from particles in the Hyrule Throne room, but it appears as though the haze was a mere cloud of dust.”

More reports began streaming in, as some questions were answered while others were heavily debated. King Mickey made his way around the holo-projection and stood at Ansem’s side, who was slowly generating his own thoughts on a small previously used piece of paper. He wrote about the way that Link described the abduction, creating conclusions that pointed to Xehanort going behind his back with the experiments…a brief note to contact the king. As Ansem began to rise, Aerith’s gentle hand grasped his forearm, slowly pulling him back down.

“It’s ok, he’ll come.”

“She said this, and each of us believed that we would be able to have a savior fix everything…” Link commented.

All conversation slowly stalled on a report of gathering Metroids. The words brought a chilling calm to the room, as if this statement made everything all right. Aerith’s smiled, sweeping her eyes around the room before resting on Princess Peach, “He’ll come.”

A shrill alarm erupted from the holo-displays, breaking the prophetic calm. The room became a flurry of activity as news feeds began streaming in.

“Princess, a large force of metroids are appearing above all eastern worlds”

“Security systems are crashing across the kingdom”

“Link what happened?” Mickey questioned.

“We were caught off guard and slowly each of our worlds were assaulted by sleeper cells of this man only know as Nex."

“Mew Intel is compromised, Team Rocket is attacking Kanto”

“Team Rocket, lead by Giovanni were part of Nex’s spies and destroyed all our own intelligence, it took ages for them to plan this attack, but seconds for us to realize we’d already lost.” Link commented.

“We must get you below the bunker your Highness”

“Defensive grid power is down below 30%”

“EVERYONE, PLEASE.”

Princess Peach had risen from her throne; the room became silent, except for the occasional computer chirp of chime of new information. “Now then’ Peach calmly asked, looking around the room, ‘Do we know who has declared war?”

Everyone was staring intently at their displays, trying to sort through the details. Toadstool, meanwhile had received and crept from his podium to Princess Peach’s throne.

“You’re Highness; you have been requested on video one.” All eyes snapped toward the central display. Riku swung his head up and his blood ran cold.

A shadowed figure rose in the middle of the pedestal, the only visible characteristics were two golden eyes, an ornately designed curved blade, the rest hidden beneath a swirling gray cloak... The hooded figure cleared his throat and began speaking in an unnaturally icy-calm voice.
    “Be est thou of days of old,
    Cometh to Collect.
    This day brings not words to bore,
    But the Key blade War.

I challenge you to a game of duel
    Key blades the chosen weapon.
    But knowest this, one thing shan’t miss
    I’ll know if thou smell of deception.

Another morn, another crime
    Destiny demands.
    Tomorrow at the Sands of Time
    Thy journeys meet their ends.

But knowest this,
    If you laugh in jest,
    You’re loyalties shan’t swell
    For the Far plane has already fell.”

The holo of the cloaked figure faded to nothingness, a small gasp echoed from Aerith. Tears began forming, filling her eyesight. “The lifestream can never die…he’ll come and make it right.” She said this to no one in particular as groups broke off to dissect the message, other’s formed battle strategies, but Ansem the Wise remained seated, a look of strength in his eyes.

The holosphere slowly dissolved, the lights regaining their brilliance.

“Now you know the story.” Bosku stated, his voice seeming to have aged decades.

“Not entirely, the poem,’ Riku explained, looking to the King for support, ‘he spoke of a duel…”

The room became dead quiet. Link seemed to be struggling with his thoughts as he stared down at the video input. Bosku walked over and offered his hand on his shoulder.

“It’s been a year lad, its best they know what you fight for, why all of us hold onto a glimmer of hope.” Link said nothing, but removed a small sphere from his tunic. He lifted the small orb to his eye, checking every crevice and imperfection.

“You’ve been with me ever since, and I shall always be whispering for you, my princess…” He inserted the sphere.

The projector whirled to life again, this time bathing the room inside a cavernous ravine near a desert. Two figures walked on the ravine floor towards the opposite side where the cloaked man and Princess Zelda stood.

“The people of Persia called this ravine the Sands of Time. The story goes that an outcast from a distant kingdom found himself lost walking aimlessly through the desert, no wish of water, nor food, just a single promise of finding a beautiful red rose for his love. It is said that the man fell unconscious in the center of this ravine, and was awoken by a beautiful woman holding an hourglass. She told the man that he need to merely flip over the hour glass to return to his beautiful love with the flower, or he must wait until the sands of time run out to ever feel its radiance. The man refused, and is said to still be waiting for the sands of time to run out before he can be reunited with his love.” Link stated.

The computerized morning sun slowly gathered up, painting a narrow walk of light through the ravine and fell upon Honor Guardsmen Link and Mario walking determined towards their duel, tuned to the smallest detail each having a palm resting on their unique keyblade. As the sun crawled along the ravine walls, the path grew until a mirage appeared. The hooded man stood in the very center of the ravine, arms folded behind him. As Link and Mario drew closer, the saw Princess Zelda shackled and defiantly standing next to Riku’s nobody.

“That is far enough.” The hooded man said “You have both chosen wisely, your destiny will be full-filled.” He slowly drew a keyblade that appeared to change shapes in the sunlight. “I accept this duel but I feel we must show what is up both our sleeves.”

The nobody raised a gloved hand to the cliff walls around him. A soft snap exploded along the ravine edge resulting in legions of heartless and nobodies in a stand off with the Kingdom Militia appearing opposite. “Worry not, they will not strike unless destiny reigns. This day comes forth, thy will be done, begins the Keyblade War.”

Riku and Mickey watched, completely transfixed on the battle, as Link and Bosku closed their eyes; they’d already lived this before…Both sides fought bravely, never giving an inch after 2 hours of combating, the armies looking down in anticipation. The hooded man suddenly stopped fighting and held up a hand. Link and Mario paused, unsure.

“Good, you fight for what you desire, what you believe. Let that emotion become you and you may yet fulfill the Destiny. But, one destiny must end to bolster millions.” The hooded man launched into a backwards arc, landing behind and to the right of Zelda.

Link stepped forward, standing in the spot his holo sphere form stood.

As if in slow motion, the nobody’s hood fell away to reveal a gold eyed, white close cropped Riku. He stepped forwards his keyblade hanging menacingly in his right hand. Zelda turned and asked the man a quiet question, they both locked eyes as the nobody whispered, “I am a leaf on the seas of change.” In one fluid motion, the Princess grimaced as the keyblade sliced through her abdomen.

She and Link locked eyes, the group watched in horror as her eyes never wavered until every ounce of life was gone from them. She fell forward, the nobody’s keyblade protruding from Zelda.

“Goodbye, Mushroom Kingdom.” He smiled and disappeared as both armies converged on the other and Link remained fixated on the holo projection of Zelda until the sphere ended, once more bathing the room in light.

“Now you see, you created this villain, and you are the only person capable of destroying him.” Link announced his eyes coming to rest on Riku.

“This is your destiny.”

19. keylbader_twilight Traverse Town Homebody

....WHOA! Awesome job! Keep going!

20. sadde211 Merlin's Housekeeper

Hands down the best thing I've read on these boards. It's wonderful. It's supurb. It's thrilling. Intoxicating. Adicting. It fullfills everything I've hoped that anyone could show of the conplexity of the Riku character, for he's hands down the most complicated and I can tell he had lots of character. I love it. It's freaking beautiful. I need more. I NEED MORE!