Traditional Art The Aspiring concept artist.

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Exsahn, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Exsahn Merlin's Housekeeper

Hey all I've been posting my work in a few places hoping for critiques and opinions. So please don't be afraid to comment and give me advice! Ok well I am a 17 year old whose greatest wish is to become a concept artist I'm very dedicated towards reaching this goal and I hope you'll be able to help me get there. Also check out my thread on CA.org http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=108771

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. venster You never heard of me, but I pop in time to time

Oh wow, those are all amazing! The only one I see that has a lot of trouble is the 14th one down.

3. Exsahn Merlin's Housekeeper

Yeah I kinda fudged up on that one a lot :P going to do another one soon with a lot more dynamic pose hoping I learned from all the mistakes I did in that one.

4. Exsahn Merlin's Housekeeper

more practice

Heres just some random practice
    [​IMG]

Heres a sketch of a fox a did!
    [​IMG]

Please critique and give me as much advice as possible! P.S. my art teacher must love me :P he's bringing me a scanner to keep for myself sometime during this week! So once he does I'll be able to update more frequently.

5. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

These are very impressive. You've got the proportions down on a lot of them, and the limbs are not in any odd angles. Nicely done. Have you tried coloring some of these with photoshop?

6. Exsahn Merlin's Housekeeper

My art teacher just gave me PS7 and I'm waiting till christmas comes and my parents get me a wacom tablet before I start messing around with it too much.

7. Moodkip ~洞爺湖~

Holy ****in' **** this is amazing. You are perhaps the best artist I've seen here.

8. Exsahn Merlin's Housekeeper

Awww *g* you don't know how much I love to hear that but I still have to get worlds better before I can become a concept artist.

9. Moodkip ~洞爺湖~

Really? You draw like a pro.

10. Exsahn Merlin's Housekeeper

Mmm I won't lie I do have talent and everyone does say I can do it if I work hard and keep the same determination I have but I do need to improve a lot, first off I need to draw and paint life studies till I can draw and paint almost anything photorealistically with out having a direct refrence or even having no refrence at all, then I need to become a photoshop pro and be able to do anything I need to with that program, after thatI need to start diversifying my style till I can draw in almost any style I want, then its just a matter of getting myself out there networking and getting myself in tight with the industry.

11. .Kairi. Kingdom Keeper

Amazing. You are just about the best artist Ive seen on this site at drawing. I ant skills like yours.

12. Exsahn Merlin's Housekeeper

^_^ Good!

I also love to hear that! I use to be one of the worst artist ever the only thing I had going for me was how creative and imaginative I was, and because I really really wanted to be able to express my ideas and become a good artist I began to practice every day when ever I had a chance I practice seven hours a day now and I just keep improving and I really think that anyone can become proficient in art if they have a love and desire for it! So don't worry if you start to practice when you have spare moments and draw things from life like anything around you you will slowly start to improve, don't worry if your stuff looks bad just make sure you learn from your mistakes and improve them each time you draw.

13. Exsahn Merlin's Housekeeper

Sorry I didn't update today but will have a new pic out hopefully tomarrow!

Yeah sorry I didn't turn out another pic this next one took me a little longer to get inspiration for and half of it was modeled after a real object while the other half was made up so :P lol trying to get it to all blend together and make it look like they are all real. Nonetheless I'm rather proud of it :P might even take me one more day after tomorrow to finish but probably not. Anyways I was thinking of Either changing my signature to Exsahn (my name in nobody form lol can you guess what my name is? P.S. no cheating and reading my signature! lol) and also my name on this site or Cryha (my name in al-bhed form) which is also my Concept Art.org name. Meh what do you guys think?

P.S. I've been thinking of changing my signature for a long time because I don't care for my real name and also I always thought it was cool how certain artist had pen names so ya know? does that make me weird?

14. Misty gimme kiss

These are all extremely amazing. I was awed by how wonderful the hands you drew are; most people can't draw them at all. (including myself xD) The texture, shading, proportions... Everything. It's just great. I'd like to see some in color as well, but sometimes black and white suits some things well.

15. Exsahn Merlin's Housekeeper

sure thing :P this weekend coming up for me is four days long so I could do some water color or acrylic hands np or maybe in some other medium if anyone has a recommendation.

16. Exsahn Merlin's Housekeeper

Heres the sketch I've been working on I'm pretty proud of it. hand and arm are modeled after mine! Hmm what sort of dark ritual could be taking place here, an arm of an unknown assailant clutches an evil eye, a Turkish talisman used to ward off evil and bring one good luck, by the thread as his vile putrid blood trickles over it slowly corrupting it for a darker purpose as soon a ghostly creature reaches out from the brink of nothingness to hungrily drink the blood of its new master.

[​IMG]

As always please critique and comment!

17. Hakurei Reimu Take my hand. And then I'll fly with you right up

Very interesting. The details and the topics are very well blended in all your drawings.

18. The Lone Wanderer Twilight Town Denizen

I know some excellent artists, but I gotta say, Those drawings just made my mouth drop open. They are simply amazing. None of the poses look kinda weird either. All my poses just look too stiff when I draw.

19. Spammy Traverse Town Homebody

I love the Dragoon Nobody. I'd love to draw like that... Seriously, my art usually consists of stickmen.

Draw some more! :)

20. Shade Tail Hollow Bastion Committee

That's awesome! I wish I could draw like that.... *gets practicing*
    I might try that stickman & circle type technique you used in the 15th pic ^_^