Traditional Art The Art Graveyard

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Hinako, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Hinako Merlin's Housekeeper

a.k.a. where my art goes to die because i can't draw
    i am sorry if i offend your eyes with my cartoon-y style

[​IMG]

humanized Prismo and Cosmic Owl from Adventure Time

[​IMG]

(gomen for the ****** picture) Roxy Lalonde from Homestuck

[​IMG]

Cyclops \m/

[​IMG]

Jade Harley from Homestuck

[​IMG]

South Park boyfriends obvs

There isn't a section for digital art so I'm including this here/??

[​IMG]

More South Park drawings (older!Kyle and older!Kenny)

[​IMG]

Mariko from Elfen Lied

[​IMG]

MORE SOUTH PARK BOYFRIENDS I AM DONE WITH MYSELF (Craig Tucker and Tweek Tweak)

2. Madoka Merlin's Housekeeper

I think they look wonderful. :)
    Nice job, keep it up! ^^

3. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Traditional art includes digital art so feel free to post digital art here as well!

These are very good- the cyclops picture is bizarrely weird and cute. My main criticism about the realistic drawings is the eyes are a bit too far up their head when they should be about the centre and their nose is slightly too long but apart from those they are fine- I love the textured way you've drawn the hair.

You have a good grasp on the cartoon aspects of them and they are very sweet, perhaps now you can look at adding a bit more shading. But keep it up! ^^

4. Airi Ban King's Apprentice

These look really great. :) I like them. You're a pretty good artist! :D Keep it up, please!

5. Hinako Merlin's Housekeeper

thank you for your criticism! i'm much better at realism when i have a reference so anything i draw without a reference usually looks off xD I see what you mean though!

again thank you and i will apply it to what i draw in the future

6. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

These are wonderful! I love your cartoon-y style! c:

I adore the cyclops one. Like, wow, I want her in a doll form and I would keep her forever. It's so beautiful and cute!

As for criticism, I think that you should work on your side views/profiles. I like how you draw the straight-on ones and they look really good and have nice composition and they look very alive! However when it comes to your profiles, things get a little off and they look kind of flat. You've got a nice composition on how you draw the straight-on ones, from the curves of the face to the neck and the eyes and stuff but you kind of lose it a bit in the side views. Also, try adding more shading to give more 3D effect! Though, you don't have to as this is very cartoony and the colouring and shading already works too!

These a great! Please share more! n _ n

7. Hinako Merlin's Housekeeper

thank you for your critique too! i agree, my profiles tend to suck even more than my straight-on stuff. i will work on it and maybe work on a bit more realistic stuff before i go into more cartoony stuff again. idk, i'll work on both
    thanks again!

8. Hinako Merlin's Housekeeper

sobs into hands because ive worked on this for the past few months AND ITS NOT FINISHED YET

[​IMG]

also a jade harley doodle
    [​IMG]

9. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

That first one makes me think of Picasso. The mash up of all the faces looks wonderful ^^ I don't really care for colages all that much, but this one looks great.

As for the second one, i'm not too familiar with the character, but it looks really well done. I don't know about the chest though, the proportions seem a bit off. The head looks great though.

Good job ^^