Tetsuya Nomura Interviewed by IGN; Mentions Second Playable Character and Possible Switch Version

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Heart ❤, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

The Kingdom Hearts news just keeps coming today! Following Nomura's appearance at D23, the series creator of Kingdom Hearts was interviewed by IGN where he mentioned some interesting information about the game.

[​IMG]

First things first, Nomura mentions that there will be another character playable in Kingdom Hearts III, although he does not reveal who this character is. He also mentions that D-Links (introduced in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep) will not be present in KH3, citing that D-Link had been created only because it had not been possible at the time to have more than five party members:
    Toy_Story_Trailer_Screens_(5).jpg

Nomura also states (in a second article by IGN) while a Switch port of the game is possible, but the current focus for Squre Enix are the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 ports of the game. That being said, a Switch version isn't out of the question; neither is a Kingdom Hearts 1.5 +2.5 ReMIX for the Xbox One should the demand come from both Western and Eastern audiences. For right now, Nomura wants to keep all the focus on Kingdom Hearts III, and if you ask me, that's a wonderful idea.

What do you guys think about this news? Who do you think the second playable character will be? Let us know your thoughts!

EDIT:

IGN posted more snippets with Nomura. First off he reiterates that the Gummi Ship will return, stating:
    Nomura also talks about the higher-tier Magic in KH3 (such as Blizzaza from the Orchestra trailer) will be utilized:
    EDIT2:

IGN posted even more snippets with Nomura. Here's what he had to say:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2017
Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Heart ❤, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Day~Dream
      Day~Dream
      Oooh another playable character? Hmm... I want to say Aqua or Riku. (leaning more towards Riku since we've already played as Aqua in Fragmentary Passage and are up to date on her story line within the realm of darkness) unless she becomes playable after she's saved and you go on this mini adventure with her to save Ventus. That'd be cool, but I think I'd rather play as Riku. He seems like he's doing his own thing and it looks mysterious.

upload_2017-7-15_23-59-33.jpeg

Mah boy even packed and everything.
    2. Truly Mad Moves
      Truly Mad Moves
      My impulse was also either Riku or Aqua. But... we've been both of them fairly recently, as KH3D turned out to be Riku's day in the spotlight and we've just been Aqua in 0.2... perhaps it'll be someone entirely new, an equivalent to starting out KH2 as Roxas. It's been a while since new characters have been introduced into the mix.
    3. Yozora
      Yozora
      OH MY GOD NOMURA SWEET JESUS YOU MAGNIFICENT *******, YOU ARE GLORIOUS AND I LOVE YOU.

HE WOULDNT MIND BRINGING THE KH COLLECTION TO XBOX IF PEOPLE DEMAND IT OMG.

WHERE'S THAT PETITION WEBSITE? I WANT ****ING KH ****.

Also, a second playable character?

Hmmmm.... So, like DDD where you could choose Riku or Sora? I wanna play as Kairi though, just to see her next gen panties.
    4. Day~Dream
      Day~Dream

That's true. If I had to pick a character we haven't played with yet, I'd go with either Kairi or Mickey

OR

We get sucked into the game and become the new playable character.

That Tetsuya Nomura, always pushing boundaries. :)
      Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    5. Truly Mad Moves
      Truly Mad Moves
      Ooh, I hadn't thought about. About an actual established character we haven't played as yet. I meant an entirely new character who gets introduced in KH3... we haven't had any hints of that yet, but given how impossibly huge KH3 is shaping up to be, completely new characters wouldn't be unexpected. But maybe it's better off without them. Unless you count human Demyx, Luxord, Marluxia, and Larxene as new characters, and they gotta do that before the saga ends, right?
    6. Day~Dream
      Day~Dream
      Oh, I thought that was what you meant lol
      It can go either way really. They could either stick with the characters they have now and make one of them playable or they could introduce someone new. (I doubt it though and I kinda hope they don't since it's the conclusion to a long saga) but I suppose wouldn't be out of the question. It would be a good way to introduce and ease in a new protagonist for the series if they change their mind on Sora carrying the series after the Xehanort saga.

(I would really enjoy playing as Mickey though, or even as Lea)
    7. . : tale_wind
      . : tale_wind
      [pounding fists on table] KAIRI, KAIRI, KAIRI, KAIRI, KAIRI, KA
    8. Yozora
      Yozora
      >The player being put into the game to play as themselves

So....Venom Sora.
      [​IMG]
    9. Zgermanguy
      Zgermanguy
      kairi sounds pretty good she and Lea could be a team
    10. Day~Dream
      Day~Dream

upload_2017-7-17_16-58-41.png

Exactly.
    11. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      Edited OP with new interview snippets from IGN.
    12. Day~Dream
      Day~Dream
      upload_2017-7-17_20-9-11.png upload_2017-7-17_20-9-25.png
      upload_2017-7-17_20-9-35.png

Sora- master of the elements.
    13. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      Edited OP with even MORE interview snippets from IGN.

Seriously IGN, why couldn't you have just posted them all at once?
      :/
    14. Day~Dream
      Day~Dream
      On Focusing New Worlds:

With Kingdom Hearts III, there was deliberate intent to kind of focus on the more newer titles. And then in terms of previous titles, we tried to balance it so that we have a good mix of some of the older IPs as well as some of the new worlds as well. But, yeah, with Kingdom Hearts III, there was a shift in that sort of thinking so we can focus on some of the newer titles.

[NOTE: Nomura also mentioned the process in choosing worlds, trying to see whether fans would enjoy it, and are extra careful to not include worlds that are too similar (much like how the decision was made to abandon a Jungle Book world in KH1 in favor of Deep Jungle).]

I still have my fingers crossed for a Wreck It Ralph world.