Tarzan beginning

Discussion in 'Disney Galaxy' started by Iskandar, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I just started watching Tarzan now(like my 4th or 5th disney movie today) and seeing the beginning is really depressing. I mean, Tarzan ended up losing his parents, and the gorillas end up losing their child. I mean, just thinking about losing those 3 characters at the beginning is really depressing. Stinks they had to kill off the parents. I think they would have made pretty decent characters.

2. Maka Albarn It's called love

You could always make a fanfiction about it. :3

But in all seriousness, as depressing as the beginning is I'm glad it happened. Not just cause the characters were killed off, but how we see an old concept form into something else. Like in Jungle Book, how the panther found Mogli and then gave him to the wolves, and the wolves accepted him right away as their own. But Tarzan had a struggle trying to fit in (even though in a way human and apes are similar), and it was basically a miracle that he survived the way he did. I believe it kind of shows us no matter the circumstances we're given, we can survive.

And without the intro, we wouldn't have gotten the song "You'll Be in My Heart" or a sense of hope that everything would be okay in the end no matter what bad thing happens. Unless there's a way to alter the beginning to give off those messages