Superdangan Ronpa Animation possibillities?

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by Jin, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Jin うごかないで

What do you think? the first anime was amazing though a lot of people say it pales in comparison to the game which I agree with but. Do you hope this happens? The anime might have been criticized but it was still a really well done and kept me on my toes I even re-watched danganronpa a couple of times just because it was that good

Personally my drive for watching SDR if it was animated would honestly be Komaeda because I absolutely love his character. Thoughts? I heard there was a teaser for the animation of SDR anyhow

2. Antidote Façade

One thing that annoyed me with the anime when compared to the game is that it changed bits of the death scenes for no apparent reason.

Leon's death for example - they changed the camera angles and it panned away to behind the characters so you couldn't see him being pelted by the baseballs. The deaths themselves are pretty stupid so why not just show them as intended?

Other than that, I think they should try to spread it out over more eps. 13 is never enough to cram a game-related anime into. Give us more of a look into the characters.

3. Jin うごかないで

Probably for obvious reasons they didn't want to show too much of the gore aspect. They kept the purple blood as a censor but the purple blood is more of a trademark of the series I guess but I can see what you mean but I believe they didn't want to delve too much into the punishment aspects of it to the point they had punishments play out like that for most of the punishments it's mostly a silhouette anyways. I completely agree with your point about spreading out the episodes 25 - 30 eps seems Ideal for a series like Danganronpa.

4. Hiro ✩ Guardian

We saw Monomi at the end of the whole thing, so that was definitely a teaser.

And if they do make a Super Dangan Ronpa: The Animation, I pray it's longer, because the characters in SDR2 are much better than the ones in DR and deserve more time.

5. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

I'm going to sound like an ass for saying this, but this is my thinking: If Sword Art Online can get a second season, this can get a second season.

Now, I did watch Dangan Ronpa with others at an anime club, and while it was amusing at the time, I did have a lot of problems with it. While it had strengths, it had mixed reviews among critics due to it's weak story and very formulaic plot structure. But who cares when thousands of fans made sure that it would be profitable. Sound familiar to another hyped anime? SAO was also mixed among critics, but man, did that show make money. Instead of just letting it end, they figured it was time to make more because that cow still had some milk left (although I will say that I liked the New Years special a lot more than I thought I would; I preferred it to the whole anime honestly).

The only thing against it was Attack on Titan was going strong at the time it was going on as well, which may have taken a chunk of their profit (much like everything else during the summer and fall). However, it doesn't look like anything as big as AoT will be coming along very soon. And plus, the ending to the final episode very much hinted to a season two, but that's also been proven to not always be right (reference to OHSHC).

So, I would say that it looks very promising to make a second season. I'd be surprised if there wasn't an announcement of it in the near future.

6. Jin うごかないで

SAO made not only a lot of money with it's Light novel but it's made a lot with the Anime and manga adaption what it comes down to IS popularity not to be rude but they're in diffrent category's of course the Dangan ronpa games are a hit in Japan and of course the recent game happytrigger havoc has been an immense success too.

Though SAO started off really well the way they went about the Alfheim arc was terrible and disjointed in a way that made viewers who were still rushing off the hype of the initial Aincrad volumes fade off thats why it wasn't talked about as much towards the end of the anime and I pressume why it's taken almost a year or two to even prepare funds to begin animation.

off topic but yeah just outlining that just because SAO has an announced season 2 it doesn't mean entirely SDR will get animated it's been hinted at so don't let my words cause you to lose hope but I understand what you're getting at. Personally SAO isn't really a good anime to compare to a series like Danganronpa and AOT came later in Alfheims animation they weren't even in competition to be fair but they were consecutive when it comes to Big anime releases and hype Sao came out then AOT and now we've had KLK animating in the dust of AOT's finale but I feel like this season has been mixed winter anime's have never been huge hits really KLK Noragami and Hamatora have been in close competition but aside from that non of SAO or AOT were ever in competition infact audiences' moved from one to the other.

But like I said it has been hinted at and hopefully it WILL happen I believe they're trying to make funds through the international release of the remake for the first DR then they'll release SDR international this fall and then accumulated funds will probably decide the outcome of the anime