Support Sound is gone

Discussion in 'Technology' started by jackdaniel0, Nov 7, 2015.

1. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

Pressed Post by accident, hold on until I finish typing the rest!

I haven't touched my computer at all since last night, and when I open it, it's gone. It's a Windows 7, so there's the little arrow pointing up down in the taskbar that says "Show hidden icons" when you over over it. When I hover over the audio icon, it says "No Audio Output Device is installed."
    I tried restarting, can't system restore since there's no restore points, tried troubleshooting but it just says "Conexant SmartAudio HD has a driver problem"

And when I go to device manager, there's this
    [​IMG]

I checked the properties for all the icons with the yellow triangle and it tells me "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"
    I tried uninstalling all of those and Scanning, which reinstalled them, but the sound still doesn't work.
    Any ideas?

2. Misty gimme kiss

If you have the model name and number of your PC, you should be able to find a page with driver downloads. You should reinstall the audio drivers from there.

3. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

Tried that, didnt work

4. Amaury Legendary Hero

Did you do anything before it stopped working?

5. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

6. Amaury Legendary Hero

Try performing a system restore to when it was working. Maybe something just bugged up.

7. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

Can't do that either, no restore points.

Edit: Actually, theres one thing I can think of. I think a day before the issue started, I downloaded a mod pack for Minecraft to play with my friends(Attack of the B-Team), and there was no issue involving sound at all for that day. The day after is when the issue started, though.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  8. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Your computer should always have restore points, even if you didn't manually make one. Any time you install something, or your computer updates, or something along those lines where you put something on your computer, and maybe take it off, I never paid that much attention to the details, your computer makes a restore point itself.

I haven't had to do one in a while, at least since I got Windows 10, and even then the last one I did was before I got my desktop, so some time before February, but you should be able to search "system restore" on google and come up with a way to do it. If you can get to your control panel, all you have to do is go to "Backup and Restore" and follow the links. There should be a link that says something like "Restore to an earlier point" or something along those lines. I'm going off my memory here, so it's not exactly perfect

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  9. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

FIXED!
    Updated to Windows 10, the issue's gone now.