Something about Nobodies has been confusing me...

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by demonchick25, Nov 26, 2012.

1. demonchick25 Hollow Bastion Committee

Most people I talk to seem to be under the impression that, right after the events of Birth by Sleep, the darkness had taken Radiant Garden and Xehanort and the apprentices became Nobodies and formed Organization XIII, suggesting that the Nobodies age.
    This shows most when talking about Zexion/Ienzo, it's often said "He became a Nobody at the age of 8" and that he grew up as a Nobody.
    Ienzo's article on the Kingsom Hearts wiki suggests otherwise:
    In the year following the events of Birth by Sleep, Ienzo participates in Ansem's research on the darkness in hearts alongside Braig, Dilan, Even, Aeleus, and Xehanort. It would be Ienzo's persuasive influence that convinced Ansem to build a laboratory in the castle's basement to conduct the experiment on Xehanort. But though Ansem decided not to proceed further, Ienzo and the other apprentices had their own intentions and continue conducting inhumane experiments on the human heart that ultimately results in the mass production of the Heartless. Ansem quickly discovered their secret experiments, and immediately ordered them to stop. One day, after being advised to review their research data by King Mickey, Ansem found that the effects of their experiments had become irreversible before his apprentices banished him to the Realm of Darkness.

In the end, Xehanort betrayed them, removing the hearts of Braig, Dilan, Even, Aeleus and Ienzo himself, all for his plan to gather the 12 vessels he wished to house fragments of his heart to use in the creation of the true X-blade. Though his heart turned into a weak Heartless that was eventualy destroyed, Ienzo had a stong will that allowed him to continue as a Nobody, who was given the name Zexion.

So, what's right? Did the 9-10 years pass before they became Nobodies, or after? Do the Nobodies age? Is this information ever actually clear?

[I'm sorry if this was the wrong place to post this]

2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I'm sure they became nobodies a year after BBS. I don't really see how the wiki suggests otherwise

3. demonchick25 Hollow Bastion Committee

The way I read it, it just made it seem like a lot more time had passed.

Still, is there anything that actually says for sure?

4. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Well, in KH3D:

The very first scene in the game shows Ienzo, Even, and Braig losing their hearts. And Ienzo looks the same as he was in BBS

5. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Well I do believe Nobodies age because if you look at Namine in COM and then in KH2 she does appear older since a year has passed. I think that Ienzo and the others lose their hearts one year after the events of BBS.

6. demonchick25 Hollow Bastion Committee

Ok, I see it now. Wasn't so easy to tell the first time.
    Now I have to change everything I've written ;7;

7. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

I'm pretty sure they age, and the thing written on the wiki it could happen within 1 year.

8. Loriah Banned

The Nobodies could age--since some of the members of Organization XIII were probably young when they joined since Axel is older than Roxas. If they couldn't age, they would stay the same age and would always be young kids instead of grown adults.

9. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

They could age because they have bodies.

10. Explode Who?!

On top of the KH3D opening, in KH1, Leon says "that was nine years ago" when referring to when their world was swallowed by the darkness.

11. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

^ I mean even Xehanort looks more older as seen in his heartless and Nobody counterparts.

12. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

I don't think Nobodies truely age, If they are what I believe they are which is simply the soul occupying a body they formed from nothingness (the only reason I can think of that makes Xemnas's threats to turn people into Dusks even remotely real enough to make O13 members "scared") then they may age phycially but I don't think they would ever really die of old age.

13. Sp3lling3rr0rs Merlin's Housekeeper

I think they age physically, most definitely. I think some (Naminè, Axel/Lea, Roxas, Xion) age mentally and somehow make their way back to their hearts (with the exception of Roxas, Naminè, Xion) and became human again thanks to Sora.

I want to know how Roxas, Xion and Axel didn't need new coats because of all the ice cream they ate. Do nobodies even feel hunger?