Traditional Art Some fan-art

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Sketchy, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Sketchy Moogle Assistant

He's not finished yet. And I somehow unintentionally made him look like somewhat of a mix between Roxas and Sora, I might have to change a few things.

But anyways, what do you think?

I haven't thought of a name yet.
    [​IMG]

2. Sketchy Moogle Assistant

I made him up, and no, I haven't named him yet.
    My photoshop/tablet skills are mediocre at best :\ but I hope to get better
    Version 1
    [​IMG]
    Version 2
    [​IMG]

3. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

It's decent. It's a little generic, but I don't mind common looking characters. Commoners are a good thing. Problem is the shadows on his face make him look straight horrifying. You need to look into giving the eyes pupils and do a few studies in lighting. Also, move his ear back about a scale half inch and detail it. You should be consistent within your style. Just ditching details like that looks lazy. Still, I don't know if you're trained or not so don't feel bad or good, just keep on forging on ahead.

4. Sketchy Moogle Assistant

What make his face look scary?
    Browsing a lot of KH pictures I noticed a lot of them didn't include pupils, only the suggestion of one. So that's what I went for.
    Now that you mention the ear, I realize that was something I forgot to finish :\
    And I am not trained. Simply self-taught.

5. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

The lack of pupils is associated with a lack of sou and the angle of the shadows above the eyes and to an even greater extent the shadow by the corner of his mouth just convey a very creepy tone to me.

6. Sketchy Moogle Assistant

I uploaded a 2nd version in the first post. Better?

7. Llave Superless Moderator

This doesn't validate as a legitimate post dude.

Anyways, I like your style, very Nomura like. The pupils look a lot better I must say, gives him more depth in which direction he looks and such. The coloring seems very "anime-esque" and aren't super depth and detail like. Usually the more you add and blend et cetera, the more interesting the result. Good job and nice avatar!

8. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

~Moved to traditional art because it's something you've drawn even though it is digital.

I really like this piece, I like the detail you've put into it, I prefer version 2 just because the lighting just seems to fit better. I also like how you've used different thicknesses of the lines to make shadows and to add depth. Keep it up, I suggest trying to draw him as a whole (like body and all).

Also,

~Merged with your other thread. Any questions then feel free to PM me. : )