Traditional Art Some croquis (slight nudity)

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Gultigargar, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Gultigargar Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

I think the two in the upper left are 2 minutes, rest should be 5 minutes. Not much else to say. Sorry if the contrast is low, but hopefully it isn't too bad.

2. imbored111 Traverse Town Homebody

u really shoudnt draw that in animation worksop

3. Gultigargar Hollow Bastion Committee

Actually, you need to be able to do stuff like this to get in. Just like you have to learn to crawl before you learn to walk, you have to learn to draw before you learn to animate.

4. きんたろ Banned

If you're doing 2D animation, sure. I've always found this to be a carry over from older times though and not true for 3D. I visualize in 3D and work better with sculpting and such, however I've had to learn to draw as a requirement of animation, even though I don't enjoy it so much.

5. Gultigargar Hollow Bastion Committee

This is partially because most animation techniques were developped in 2D animation, and they're still used even in 3D animation. This is also probably a matter of preference, but I really find it much easier to work with an animation in 3D once I've done some rough sketches of it in 2D first.

6. きんたろ Banned

Ah, can't argue with that. I'm not an animator myself though, I do 3D modeling nowadays. Nice to meet you

7. Gultigargar Hollow Bastion Committee

Nice to meet you too.

Well, if you're only modeling and not animating, I guess I can see your point, though I hardly know enough about modeling to know whether or not one should be to be able to draw in order to model. But, once again, I personally found that drawing the human body was a good way of studying and learning about it, but different strokes for different people, I guess.

8. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

whats a croquis(yes i know :stupid:)

9. Gultigargar Hollow Bastion Committee

Timed drawings of a model. The ones here were made in around 2-5 minutes each.

10. Yozora Archer

Ahhh, I like how you use those shapes to help you draw out the body.

I think the last time I sketched models, I didn't use them at all. Feeling like an idiot right now.