Dream Drop Distance So is everyone coming back to life?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by ruinedunatin, Feb 9, 2012.

1. ruinedunatin Merlin's Housekeeper

After seeing all the KH 3D trailers and such, I was wondering, will all the Nobodies of Organization XIII's original persons be coming back to life (Aelus, Lea etc.), because xehanort is after his nobody/heartless was defeated. But seeing as nothing is ever said about the other members of Org. XIII having heartless, will they all be coming back? Or is all the stuff in the trailer only flash backs?
    Also by the look of 'Blank points', Sora will be helping out everyone who has suffered etc. from Xehanort/Xemnas/Ansem SoD, but how can he do anything for Roxas and Xion, when their original was Sora?
    Speculations?

2. greater_bloo Gummi Ship Junkie

I doubt all the organization members will be coming back. I mean they have to set a limit on how that rule works because if not: losing your heart wouldn't really mean anything so people shouldn't really make a big deal out of it. Plus the whole purpose of Organization XIII was to find their hearts if they're getting them back just by dying themselves why wouldn't they try that in the first place? Actually now that some of the members are coming back that way it just kinda ruins Organization XIII's purpose now. It makes them seem like a naive group of people instead of a mysterious organization that you might be able to sympathize with.

Also I think Nomura said that in order to come back that way your Heartless must be defeated first followed by your Nobody second. But that information was taken from an interview. One thing to know about games is that they're constantly changing, so any info. taken outside of the games themselves are likely to change. So the whole "coming back to life" thing technically hasn't been mentioned in the games except for Re:Coded and looks to be properly explained in 3D.

As for Roxas and Xion I honestly don't know lol. We shall see~.

3. Llave Superless Moderator

All the showings of the Organization Members were flash backs, back when they were doing tests on humans to make heartless. I think 3D will have lots of info of what happened to most of the members, and maybe the origins of Demyx, Marluxia, Luxord, Larxine and anyone else I may be forgetting.

I honestly don't know how Sora is going to help Xion and Roxas, but I think that will be in KHIII or whatever title is after KH3D.

4. Misty gimme kiss

In regards to Xion and Roxas, I don't think that they'll be given anything other than an existence within Sora. To be quite honest I'm not really sure why Xion was shown in the whole "people who need saving thing." I mean, yes, her existence was quite tragic, but at the end of Days she became one with Roxas, who then joined Sora at the end of KHII. Both Roxas and Naminé seemed quite happy to do so. They're becoming whole again--there's nothing wrong with that. Note: did not play Days so my info could be wrong.

I can see at the very least important/popular Organization XIII characters returning, but some of the more minor ones (e.g. Luxord, Larxene, Demyx) I don't think will. It'd just be redundant. Then again, Nomura does shamelessly reuse characters (coughcoughSoracough) so anything could happen at this point. c: As others have said though, right now it seems that one's Heartless must be destroyed, then the Nobody. If it happened the other way around, I don't believe the person could return, which may be the case for several Organization members. Just got to wait and see, I suppose.

5. Patman Bof

Actually Xion' s fate is different from that of Roxas or Namine. I mean sure, the original memories that shaped her all returned to Sora, but those never defined her entirely : for all intense and purposes we are the sum of our experiences. Xion experienced things Sora didn' t, in that regard she is her own entity. What Roxas experienced and made him Roxas (rather than a simple stoned clone of Sora) somehow went into Sora, as evidenced by the scene in which Sora cries uncontrollably when he leaves Pence, Olette and Hayner. Also, all those who interacted with Roxas remember doing so. Xion' s personal experiences however weren' t "absorbed back", all her interactions vanished from existence and nobody remembers her in the least. Don' t ask me why she wasn' t erased from Jiminy' s journal though ...

As for how Roxas and Xion might be revived ... wasn' t the Keyblade War waged because many Keyblade wielders were trying to obtain a god-like power, equally capable of destruction or creation ? You know, the very thing Xehanort is running after ?

6. Misty gimme kiss

But wouldn't using (or seeking) that power make Sora & co. just as bad as Xehanort?
    Then again, Xehanort is after it for selfish/nefarious reasons, whereas Sora would be using it to help (at the very least) Roxas and Xion.

7. Llave Superless Moderator

I just don't see a point to that. If they gain exponential powers, wouldn't that be a cheap way of ending the Xehanort arc?

8. Patman Bof

Was using the Triforce a cheap way of ending many Zelda games ? Coming from a series that blends Disney and FF universes (i.e. the epitome of cheesiness), a conclusion in which the power of love, friendship, flowers and lil' bunnies somehow conjures up a Deus Ex Machina that saves the day is, like, mandatory, isn' t it ?

9. Misty gimme kiss

I think the more likely conclusion would simply be that Sora saves everyone and they team up against Xehanort. Friendship and teamwork right there, zing pow boom.

10. Llave Superless Moderator

Mandatory, yes I suppose. But if they were to do something like that I would hope it would be in an unorthodoxly manner.

As much as I agree, I wouldn't be genuinely satisfied if that was how it went about. We need suspense and action, not the power of friendship. However I believe that is the motive of KH.

11. ruinedunatin Merlin's Housekeeper

HAhahah looks like I am answering half of my own Question
    Interview with Nomura