So... I'm sick. :/

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by Heaven's Angel, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Heaven's Angel Kingdom Keeper

At least it feels that way... For a couple of days, my back has been getting this sharp, stabbing pain when I move, though it isn't that bad, just annoying. I tend to feel really sick after I eat, and I feel like I can't breathe sometimes... It's just kinda random. Now, I've just been ignoring it... And that's because whenever I tell my mom I feel sick, she thinks it's "all in my head", even when I'm sure it's not. I used to get stomachaches from worrying (I used to be paranoid... still kinda am.), but that stopped almost a year ago, and I'm not really worried about anything. I haven't been telling anyone I feel sick because they will think it's "all in my head" and there will be no point... But it keeps getting worse, especially the part about breathing. I have come to believe I may have asthma, but when I tell my mom that, she won't believe me... So here I am, feeling horrible, but I can't do anything about it. My mom won't believe me so I can't go to a doctor to see if I have asthma, and I feel sick more frequently, although it passes quickly. I don't know if I should go see a doctor or what, because I can't go to a doctor if my mom doesn't believe me about being sick... It's to the point I nearly pass out every day. :/

I'd appreciate any help with this problem. <3

2. The Twin My, what a strange duet

You're going to have to go to a doctor. Your mom can tell you it's all in your head, but if you feel you're geniunely sick, it's best to have you looked at by a professional rather than wait for it to get worse.

3. Spike H E R O

Well, try telling someone at school and have them call your parents to tell them you're sick. Parents usually don't listen to their kids until they hear about it from someone else (sad but true <=\). Stay away from sugary foods and take in some fruits every now and then (fruit salads don't count, just saying). The back pain may have something to do with how you sleep, so try to look into that.

Get well soon n__n

4. Heaven's Angel Kingdom Keeper

@ Nashida: Well, the thing is, It's always on and off... Random times, usually when I'm at home. Last time we tried going to the doctor, I just happened to feel better when I got there and they said there was nothing wrong... But I don't know...

And I can't go to the doctor because my mom thinks the same thing will happen... :/

@ Spike: We don't have any fruit in my house... o.o
    And by someone at school do you mean a teacher or a friend?

5. Deathsight44 Kingdom Keeper

Awww.

I really hate to hear that destiny.

If it were me, then I would let it take over till it came to a point where I have to go to the emergency room or somethen, just to get my point across to my mom that she needs to listen when I say something

As for your situation, how hard have you tried to insist to your mom to let you see a dr? Do you remember the conversation?

Wait when ur in school until you feel like it is happening. Then try going to nurse. It doesn't hurt to try it you know

6. Spike H E R O

Teacher or secretary

7. Heaven's Angel Kingdom Keeper

@ DS44: Hmm... I can't remember the conversation, exactly. But I'm absolutely no good at convincing anyone of anything. :/
    I was going to try that, though I am terrified of emergency rooms and hospitals... o.o
    We can't go to the nurse unless it's an emergency, now... new school rule. The only three reasons to go to the nurse:
    * Something's broken
    * You're throwing up
    * You're bleeding
    They won't let me, otherwise... :/

@ Spike: Okay... I could tell a teacher or something, but I'd have to be really sick to have them call my parents... And it's hard for people to see that I'm sick because when I am sick, I don't look like it... The most I do is lay my head on my desk when I'm sick, and they just think I'm tired. XD

8. Deathsight44 Kingdom Keeper

Ummm. And how serious do these things usually get?

9. Heaven's Angel Kingdom Keeper

Well, the feeling sick after I eat thing pretty much stays the same... I've had a bit of emotional stuff going on lately, so I think that might just be nerves... But for my back, it's really bad right when I wake up, but is better during the day... Also, when I wake up and stand up, everything goes blurry for like 5 seconds and I almost pass out, tho it doesn't happen during the day... And it's just hard to breathe at random times. I'll be sitting at my computer perfectly fine and then a few minutes later, it's harder for me to breathe, but not to the point of I'm wheezing and gasping for breath... Like I said, not horribly bad, but still doesn't feel good...

10. Dreadnought Twilight Town Denizen

Hmm.... 2 things you could do, ishmael. If you want to live, try
    telling a teacher or principal about it.. They will feel guilty and
    help you.... Try a softy kind of teacher.....

If you hate your mom, let it get worse and worse until either you
    get sent to the emergency room. If you live, you can here a big
    apology from her.. If you die, she feels guilty about it her
    whole life... Either way you win.... I'd go with the first one.

11. Sonic the Hedgehog The Blue dude is back!!

If you are sick,I hope you get well.

12. Deathsight44 Kingdom Keeper

Give it some more time at least. If it gets any worse, then you should probably post on this thread again and give us an update.

I wouldn't say that it is all in your head, but I can't say that it should be checked out yet either. Tough situation :(

13. Heaven's Angel Kingdom Keeper

I know it's not bad enough I'm gonna die... That's a fact. O_o

Thanks, Roxas, but that doesn't really help my problem...

@ DS44: Yeah, that's kinda where I am... It may not need to be checked out, but I know it's not in my head... And it annoys me how my mom doesn't listen to me when I try to explain it.

I'll just wait a bit and see if it gets any worse or any better... Thank you guys! ^^

14. Deathsight44 Kingdom Keeper

I know the feeling. Not to offend ur mom, but she is being real *****y for not listening to you. That is just wrong >.>

15. Heaven's Angel Kingdom Keeper

Well, I can't really blame her... I used to be overdramatic about being sick, a year ago... It's like the boy who cried wolf, in a sense... <_<

16. Repliku Chaser

It sounds like you could have a couple things wrong with you by what you say. I ponder if one isn't anxiety or panic attacks. Anxiety attacks can make a person have difficulty to breathe, feel dizzy and have aches. You say there is a lot of stress going on so this may be what is happening and why last year you went to the doctor and nothing was discovered. Also, your symptoms might have gone away when you realized you were going to the doctor so you had positive hope something would change.

Of course, if it's not related to that it could be athsma or possibly walking pneumonia, as both might also make a person feel as though they will pass out. I do think whether it is anxiety disorder, athsma or something else, you should go to a doctor because you may need help regardless of what is wrong with you. I hope you get to feeling better and if this feeling of sickness does not go away, you are going to have to be more insistent with your mother that you will have to go to a doctor. She cannot deny you medical treatment.

If she does continue to do that and you get desperate, you can go to your school counselor and try talking to him/her or to your nurse at the school. Despite what you said about having to need to meet certain criteria to go, it is bunk. You can go if you feel the need is so great whether they like it or not. If a teacher won't help you, go on a break and say it is urgent. You sometimes just have to push back to get what you need done. They make the rules in order to prevent kids from abusing the system and getting out of class. Your situation is different.

17. Skylight_Defect Hollow Bastion Committee

Wow, I hope you get well soon. I also think you should go see a doctor, so you could find out what's wrong and get better.

18. tSG1 Chaser

Yes indeed. If problems persist, you must go to the doctor. You could get seriously sick

19. Heaven's Angel Kingdom Keeper

UPDATE:
    I'm getting better... My back problems were caused by my chair and I have come to believe my breathing problems and nautiousness (sp? lol) were just from stress... I talked to my mom and she believes I may be lightheaded because of my blood sugar and not enough protien. Still, I at least got her to listen to me for a sec without her thinking it's just in my head. XP

Anywho, it's nothing serious, and I probably won't need to go to the doctor. Though, I'm still suppossed to keep an eye on it to see if it gets any worse. The stress thing, I dunno what to do to help that, though... Those are seperate problems that I need to solve on my own, but if you're really curious, PM me. Thank you guys so much for your help! *hugs to all* :)

20. Fellangel Bichael May

I'm not really sure what's the problem here. Ask your doctor.