SotW Voting Signature of the Week #93- Music

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ienzo, Apr 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

[​IMG]
    no. 93
    [voting thread; votes due April 30th, 2013]
    MUSIC
    This was done a while back and it seemed quite popular and I know how you all love listening to music. So, you can do anything from a signature of a band/singer to music in general or a character that loves music. I'll leave it to your imagination.
    Happy sigging!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If you are unsure of how to vote then check out this thread here, anyone is welcome to vote but entrants MUST vote.
    cstar
    [​IMG]
    SplitOverload
    [​IMG]
    Oswin Owald
    [​IMG]
    Xia Amane
    [​IMG]

2. Xia Amane Moogle Assistant

1. SplitOverload's signature. I love the colours, and the smudge effect, although it does seem off overlapping the character.
    2. cstar's signature. I absolutely love the idea behind this. although more colors would be nice.
    3. Oswin Oswald's signature. It's a neat idea, but not knowing the game, I only understood the music concept through you description, and the contrast is too high.

3. SplitOverload Chaser

cstar - really nice idea here, it's a recognizable character and can easily be interpreted into the theme. The concept is really pretty, though it can be polished a bit. Good job!

Xia Amane - It was really tough deciding between you and Clara Oswald's because to be honest, I don't see much that pops out to me. It's nice, but too safe? I don't know the meaning behind, so I'm going strictly on the work put on it and I think not enough was put. However, it's safe and really lacks anything to critique.

Oswin Oswald - The thing is with these sort of artwork is that you can easily overdo it. I think that is the case over here. I understood the meaning and it's relation to the theme only because of the description, but I wouldn't necessarily use it because it's a little risky imho. Don't get me wrong, it shows me you can produce different type of effects to make the signature look nice but when you add so much, you also add the risk of failing at the effect and hurting the work instead of helping. I don't understand the two solid colors behind the character on the right, and the right arm also looks a little funky. Xia Amane already mentioned the over-contrasting, but other than that it's all I can say. I've seen your other work and it's really really good, but this one is just a little subpar since I have high expectations from you. But good effort regardless

4. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Split ~ I do like the smudging & colors here, but I feel like it doesn't blend together very well. The circle smudges all seem a bit oversharpened, so it doesn't look like it's smooth. Still, the tag looks great.
    cstar ~ I love your incorporation of the actual notes for this one. It's got a nice feel to it, and even though I'm not the biggest OoT fan I can tell what you were trying to convey here.
    Xia Amane ~ It seems a bit plain to me. I like Miku, and I love World is Mine, but there isn't much flow to this. I know what you were trying to do, and I like the lighting on the stock, but the text looks pasted onto a red background.

5. cstar stay away from my waifu

SplitOverload- Everyone else has pretty much said what I love about this. The smudging, the colours, and the overall use of the theme of the round. The smudging has a couple issues in my opinion when it comes up to the person, I feel like it should have overlapped him on his right shoulder a similar way on the left shoulder? I find it more of a minor complaint really.

Oswin Oswald- I'm not a big fan Mass Effect fan, but I knew what you were going for because I know of the game. I really like the signature, especially that effect in the way background where it's like a silhouette of him the background , but I think there is way too much in it. I think it would have been perfect with the 2 solid colors on the right out of it. Other than that, it's great.

Xia Amane- The problem might be because I am not familiar with the character or what it is from(I looked and saw it was Miku), but I still loved this, but I felt like more could have been added. As for the red background and the red text, it really didn't work out, at least to me. Maybe if the text's placement on the background was off of that spot it would have looked better. It is still a very nice signature though.

6. Rejected▲Oblivion Merlin's Housekeeper

1. SplitOverload - it's pretty simple and the smudging is rough but I think it's the best executed piece out of the four.

2. cstar - I think this one is nearly equal to my third pick but I believe this one requires a bit more time and effort so this one gets my second place vote.

3. Xia Amane - I like the colors and lighting 8D.

ohohoh, last minute curveball vote. The plot thickens.

7. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

1. Xia Amane- Vocaloid Horror, nice ^^ You're entry hear could go for several themes. It's very lovely, in a dark way.

2. SplitOverload- Everyone else has this covered. Stock, color smudging, makes it all look lovely ^^

3. Oswin Oswald- I can't say I get the reference, but the graphic looks lovely. Absolutely stunning ^^

Since there's only one left out . . .

?. cstar- I was never a huge Zelda fan, but that isn't what got me here. I can see where your image is cutting off. In a translucent image, that makes it look . . . tacky. Text was a little hard to read, but I liked the design with the lines and arrows. The stock looks very good for Zelda, but having him just cut off like that looks odd. I liked where you were headed, but it's . . . "Not in the right field for this ball game." Keep trying, I'm sure you'll get there ^^

8. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Thank you all for voting and entering! The winner for this theme is SplitOverload! Congratulations!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.