Help Server Issues

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Amaury, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

KH-Vids has been going down at least once a week lately with this error:

[​IMG]

Could it be connected to the e-mail issue?

2. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Stuff like this has been going on since I got back, it never lasts very long so it isn't really a huge problem. No service is perfect.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

Of course not, but this wasn't happening as frequently before, so something's changed.

Edit: Ironically enough, though this may be a complete coincidence, this started around the same time e-mails stopped working.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  4. Misty gimme kiss

Your email issue is just with your provider Amaury. This isn't linked to it in any way.

5. Amaury Legendary Hero

I figured as much, though it's just a theory I came up with. :) It's just a complete coincidence, then, that these two issues started around the same time.

Hopefully we can get the e-mail issue figured out.

Edit: Though I don't understand how if I'm getting e-mails from other sites just fine, though this is kind of off topic.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  6. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Not every site works the same way.

7. Amaury Legendary Hero

I guess other factors would be the host and server, correct? Because I'm getting e-mails just fine from the other XenForo forums I frequent: XenForo Community, KH-Flare, and Square Enix Origin Community.

8. Misty gimme kiss

I'm still looking into your email issue but it is an issue with how khv's server communicates with your email server, or simply that your email provider blacklisted KHV for some reason. It will rarely ever matter if you're receiving emails from other sites unless you're not receiving any email at all.

9. Amaury Legendary Hero

Going back to the issue at hand, as Luxord pointed out earlier, no service is perfect (except maybe XenForo, as it's never had a downtime since I became a member on April 1, 2013 :p) and there are going to be days here and there with downtime (e.g, downtime on January 1 and then another downtime on November 5, both unexpected), but seeing as this is repeatedly happening on KH-Vids, I think it means something is going on. Obviously, I'm no server expert, but it's just a wild guess.

Yesterday, there were some site issues, and just a while ago the site went down with a 500 internal server error page (two days in a row), and right now, unless it resolved itself while I was making this post, the site being slow. I've also noticed that even when it's up, there have been slightly noticeable general performance issues in terms of speed and such (not as slow as it was being today, but enough to be noticeable).

Is there possibly anything in the server error logs?

@Misty, @Sanya, @Jayn, @Plums

Edit: Removed duplicate post caused from the server issues.

10. Amaury Legendary Hero

The site's been doing good for a few weeks now. However, a little while ago, there was a downtime. The error was different this time, though:

KH-Vids.png

11. Amaury Legendary Hero

KH-Vids has been having slow periods these last three days, including today, and yesterday and Sunday night, the site went down with a 500 internal server error. Albeit the downtimes only lasted about five minutes, but still.

12. Amaury Legendary Hero

All times PT.

Has the issue of frequent downtimes been looked into? There was just a major downtime, lasting about an hour and thirty minutes. Looking at my Firefox history, the site went down around 11:40 PM, came back up shortly around 12:18 AM and seemed normal-ish, and then went back down and didn't come back up until around 1:09 AM. The errors were 500 internal server error, connection timed out, and 503 service temporarily unavailable.

I realize no server is perfect, but no server should be having problems as frequent as KH-Vids' server has been. These usually last about five-ten minutes, so obviously this was something different, but still, out of all the sites / forums I visit regularly, KH-Vids is the only one that has issues this often -- a couple to a few times a month. For example, as long as I have been a member on XenForo Community (joined April 1, 2013), there's only been one problem, and even then, random error pages and slow loading were all it was.

Edit: It's worth mentioning that this is nowhere near as bad as the days of the database errors, but still.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  13. Amaury Legendary Hero

A while ago, @Misty made a change that should have resolved these issues that happened pretty much only at night. However, they appear to be back now, as for about the past week I've been getting random spots at any point of the day where KHV is just slow and takes a while to load.

Any ideas?

14. Amaury Legendary Hero

I realize the administrators have been busy, but just wanted to bump this to make a note that this has now been happening quite a number of times throughout the day every day, where it will just hang there and take a while to load with varying lengths. Sometimes it seems like it takes up to 30 seconds.

15. Amaury Legendary Hero

Is this being looked into? It's getting worse.